There are 199 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Can't blame them. It's sorta like deciding wether or not you're going to go to your ex-girlfriend's graduation ceremony if she dumped you for another guy the day before the event.

yes and no, they all still made there own decisions on whether they were going to go celebrate with there former team which they had every right to since they were all apart of winning those championships, or bond and create a relationship with the new team, they all made there own decisions so they really have nothing to be bitter about.

Aww c'mon they're humans not robots, they have feelings too you know. Don't tell me you wouldn't have the slightest drop of bitterness if you got dumped after being a huge part of a team's successful season. But I get your point, he did make his decision, but that doesn't mean he can't be bitter.

If anything Boldin is showing how professional he is by showing up at OTA's, and doing well!
It sucks for Boldin to be traded but I am happy we got him for a 6th. Flacco wanted to get paid at all costs even if it cost him the teammates that got him paid. This is why we have Boldin
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Anyone else get the feeling due Anquan Boldin's tweets, videos and interviews he's less than thrilled about being a 49er. He always seems like he's here just to punch in and punch out. He comes off like he's still hurt about not being in Baltimore.

It's completely understandable. He finally won his first ever superbowl, I think he has the right to be a slightly bitter that they just dumped him. I'd like to think that every football players dream is to bask in the glory of being a champion (like going to the white house and meeting the president). But he doesn't get to do that.

I think it's likely to make him more motivated to win this year - go out and show them as it were, nothing he'd like better than winning it with us this year and shoving it in their face.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Anyone else get the feeling due Anquan Boldin's tweets, videos and interviews he's less than thrilled about being a 49er. He always seems like he's here just to punch in and punch out. He comes off like he's still hurt about not being in Baltimore.

I don't read into tweets too much... As for his video interviews, that's his personality. He's not a rah-rah guy. Very serious type who punches in, work his tail off and deservedly punches out. Glad he's on our team, can't wait to see him return to Arizona and rip the Cards.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

no.how and why do people read into the tea leafs when it comes to matters like this. You know it is going to be one of those posts when it starts out " Am i the only one or does anyone feel like me?" when it starts out that way, the best response is usually a quick no

he hasnt made a lot of specific tweets about the 9ers....he has made a lot of tweets about SF giants and Warriors and Heat.

I wouldn't read into it. You have to remember, he is playing for another contract so he has incentive to perform. And more importantly, he didn't want to take a paycut in Baltimore. He could have chose to remain there, but opted not to.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
It sucks for Boldin to be traded but I am happy we got him for a 6th. Flacco wanted to get paid at all costs even if it cost him the teammates that got him paid. This is why we have Boldin

greedy ass flacco.
Anquin Boldin has been one of the best football players on the field. He is a veteran and has had a successful career similar to Justin Smith. Tear up his 6 million dollar one year contract and sign him to a 3 year or 4 year deal.

This would lower the cap number in 2013 for Boldin
Lock up Boldin to play with Crabtree in the near future.
Bring the veteran teacher at the WR that the team needs.

Get it done Baalke. He is the best WR on the field.
ibtl
Could be if not already the most important acquisition we had in the offseason.

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Without a doubt. Amplified with Crabs going out. Come playoff time, with Crabs coming back and Boldin having developed a rapport with Kap, we are going to be hitting our stride. Could you imagine the panic on the zone had we not been able to trade for Boldin?

[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:41 PM ]

Without a doubt. Amplified with Crabs going out. Come playoff time, with Crabs coming back and Boldin having developed a rapport with Kap, we are going to be hitting our stride. Could you imagine the panic on the zone had we not been able to trade for Boldin?
oh man. we'd be in some s**t
Originally posted by xtm059:

oh man. we'd be in some s**t

Especially after Seattle got him instead.

perfect. lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Sweet we traded for Boldin I think we got a steal.....oh wait.
Share 49ersWebzone