There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Originally posted by Janitor:
Harbaugh's actual response to JH about being if he was interested.....

"Heck yeah. I'll talk to Trent"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/boldin-trade-came-together-quickly-after-harbaugh-harbaugh-call

Jim, I'm sure, was glad to get rid of Moss.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Jim, I'm sure, was glad to get rid of Moss.

moss was not tragically bad. good team mate, made some plays. he just picked the worst time of the year to dog it the season has not started yet and I know we have to of our guns still hurt but we are much much better in that area today
I'm betting Q has a career year next year.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch2m
The trade is official: WR Anquan Boldin will meet the media late this afternoon at #49ers headquarters in Santa Clara.
Originally posted by Beeker:

I'm betting he doesn't because he's the #2 WR in a run first offense.

Don't get me wrong tho...he'll be great....but I'm not expecting 1000 yards or anything.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Don't get me wrong tho...he'll be great....but I'm not expecting 1000 yards or anything.

I am. I'm expecting a fantastic year from the passing game, and the 49ers won't HAVE TO rely so much on the running game. Not that it won't be stellar, as well - it well.

I am. I'm expecting a fantastic year from the passing game, and the 49ers won't HAVE TO rely so much on the running game. Not that it won't be stellar, as well - it well.

Disagree.

This team doesn't rely on the run game because it "has to". It does so by design. Harbaugh/Roman did the same thing at Stanford.

The 49ers may pass more but most of their pass game is dependant on Play Action. Play Action doesn't work if you can't run.

The 49ers will remain a BALANCED team with a great running game...so don't expect Kaep to put up 4500 yards or something.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM ]

I don't either, I expect around 1100 and 1300 from Crabs with VD rounding it off at 7-8 hundo and Ham pulling a cool 600 or 700. Frank with 1100 rushing, Kendall at 300 and Lamicheal for another 300. Kap at 4k and 200 rushing and our D holding teams to less than 14 a game. Book it.
Disagree.

This team doesn't rely on the run game because it "has to". It does so by design. Harbaugh/Roman did the same thing at Stanford.

The 49ers may pass more but most of their pass game is dependant on Play Action. Play Action doesn't work if you can't run.

The 49ers will remain a BALANCED team with a great running game...so don't expect Kaep to put up 4500 yards or something.

Originally posted by BayArea:
I don't either, I expect around 1100 and 1300 from Crabs with VD rounding it off at 7-8 hundo and Ham pulling a cool 600 or 700. Frank with 1100 rushing, Kendall at 300 and Lamicheal for another 300. Kap at 4k and 200 rushing and our D holding teams to less than 14 a game. Book it.

I can't say that i fully disagree with either of these statements. We are each entitled to our own thoughts, though we may be chastised for them. All hail our beloved 49ers!
Disagree.

I can't say that i fully disagree with either of these statements. We are each entitled to our own thoughts, though we may be chastised for them. All hail our beloved 49ers!

I was obviously being a huge homer here. I got total respect for Marv just having a little fun.
Disagree.

I was obviously being a huge homer here. I got total respect for Marv just having a little fun.

Oh, me, too .... Marvin and I have become ... well, not exactly friends, but friendly at the very least. Totally respect his insight an opinions.
Boldin should have a good ammount of our red zone tds. The most dangerous wr threwt inside the 20 for sure.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Boldin should have a good ammount of our red zone tds. The most dangerous wr threwt inside the 20 for sure.

Yeah i think if Boldin had any sort of career season here it would be number of touchdowns caught not yards.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Man we could of used him on those last 4 painful plays in the superbowl.
Oh, me, too .... Marvin and I have become ... well, not exactly friends, but friendly at the very least. Totally respect his insight an opinions.

hahaha, who says that?

I think Gore might appreciate more passing, he is getting older...
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM ]