There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pd24:
I hope Jenkins can step up and use that speed. We can even do the read option/pistol with James and Hunter in the backfield at the same time. We shouldn't punt much this year.

x2. Want Jenkins to succeed badly, if he can get his s**t together, wow.....that would make for some explosive offense. You have Crabtree, Boldin, VD and Jenkins going deep. Good luck defending that.

With the defense trying to cover everyone and one or two guys drawing a double team, Kaep will have all kinds of running room with the defense backed up so far.

All this sounds like the $h!t(!) I'm kinda gettin juiced just reading & thinking about it. Like Bart Scott(I think that's who said it) said "can't wait(I think that's what he said)". The draft seems like forever & that's what I consider the half way point to the season. $.0.13.(!)
boldin and crabs will be a monster duo and jenkins should clean up in the slot. i cant wait to see us against seattle with crabs and boldin outside. try to get physical with boldin and youll get knocked on your ass lol
  • obx49
  • Veteran
I haven't read all of the 62 pages of this thread, but does anyone know how Bolden feels about this trade? He may just decide to hang it up and retire rather than make the move to the west coast. I don't think money is a huge issue with him and he's won a championship so getting another ring isn't a big motivational factor. I wouldn't be to excited until I see Bolden on that podium telling us how excited he is to be a Niner.
Originally posted by obx49:
I haven't read all of the 62 pages of this thread, but does anyone know how Bolden feels about this trade? He may just decide to hang it up and retire rather than make the move to the west coast. I don't think money is a huge issue with him and he's won a championship so getting another ring isn't a big motivational factor. I wouldn't be to excited until I see Bolden on that podium telling us how excited he is to be a Niner.

He was surprised, but he felt SF was a good place to be.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I read that too. I do worry about his talk about retirement though too. We shall see.

"... It was shocking at first ... but I mean it, for me, it is also a good thing. ... When I look at the organization and what they're about ... and as a football team, the talent that they have ... I think it's good, a good place for me to be," he told ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9042930/anquan-boldin-says-shocked-trade-san-francisco-49ers

Does that sound like a guy ready to hang them up? He's not coming to the 2008 49ers......he's coming to a Superbowl contender with a franchise QB and a talent all over the place. He's better off with the 49ers than with the decimated Ravens at this point.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

We'll there ya go, lol. Been very busy at work its impossible for me to keep up on all the news. Thanks tho.

We'll there ya go, lol. Been very busy at work its impossible for me to keep up on all the news. Thanks tho.

Whether he stays a Niner after next season is the real issue.
Boldin was on Mike & Mike a few minutes ago, and from what I can tell, he's excited to be a niner and said he grew up a 49ers fan.
Lets be realistic here. I don't believe Boldin is going to torch the either of the Seahawks starting DB's. Granted, "torch" is a subjective word. What he brings to the table is the ability to be competitive physically with those guys which was a HUGE problem for everybody. Crabtree had his moments, but Seattle had him contained pretty good. The point is, with Boldin and Crabtree on the edges, we will have a fight out there and we need that for next season. Further, Boldin gives Kaep a veteran receiver who can find the open spaces in zones and beat the jam with decent regularity. He's no world beater by himself, but together with the rest of the guys he's dangerous.

If they choose not to release Manningham, then this offense really needs to just find another TE/H-back type of guy and and some depth and we are set for next season. Incidentally, I believe moving Manningham (assuming he returns to his old self) to the #3 slot is a much better proposition for this offense. He was very good in his role in New York as the #3 and he could be that here now. Unfortunately, I believe this means the team isn't confident whatsoever in Jenkins future.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM ]
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Lets be realistic here. I don't believe Boldin is going to torch the either of the Seahawks starting DB's. Granted, "torch" is a subjective word. What he brings to the table is the ability to be competitive physically with those guys which was a HUGE problem for everybody. Crabtree had his moments, but Seattle had him contained pretty good. The point is, with Boldin and Crabtree on the edges, we will have a fight out there and we need that for next season. Further, Boldin gives Kaep a veteran receiver who can find the open spaces in zones and beat the jam with decent regularity. He's no world beater by himself, but together with the rest of the guys he's dangerous.

If they choose not to release Manningham, then this offense really needs to just find another TE/H-back type of guy and and some depth and we are set for next season. Incidentally, I believe moving Manningham (assuming he returns to his old self) to the #3 slot is a much better proposition for this offense. He was very good in his role in New York as the #3 and he could be that here now. Unfortunately, I believe this means the team isn't confident whatsoever in Jenkins future.

This is pure speculation. It's MARCH, for cryin' out loud! How about we get through the off-season and at least 2 weeks of camp before we write of Jenkins? Do you have inside information that the 49ers don't have confidence in him? Did Colin come back form Atlanta and call you to say that he hates the kid?

The chicken littles around here are getting bad.You want a more realistic scenario?

Manningham will receive an injury settlement due to the severity of his injury and the last year of his contract. He's not expected to be ready before camp, and even then, he won't be "his old self". Jenkins will come out of camp the #3 receiver. Come back and see me in September.
I don't see this trade as much a sign that the team lacks confidence in Jenkins as it seems to be a hedge against Jenkins and Manningham because we don't know how they will be to start the season. Williams will probably be occupied with return duties so there wasn't really anyone else to count on behind Crabtree.
Originally posted by Beeker:

This is pure speculation. It's MARCH, for cryin' out loud! How about we get through the off-season and at least 2 weeks of camp before we write of Jenkins? Do you have inside information that the 49ers don't have confidence in him? Did Colin come back form Atlanta and call you to say that he hates the kid?

The chicken littles around here are getting bad.You want a more realistic scenario?

Manningham will receive an injury settlement due to the severity of his injury and the last year of his contract. He's not expected to be ready before camp, and even then, he won't be "his old self". Jenkins will come out of camp the #3 receiver. Come back and see me in September.

Hey. It is what it is. You can argue with me, but I have the facts right here and it says Jenkins didn't catch a pass in his rookie season. I think it is time to be realistic with Jenkins and consider his progression more of a nice to have rather than something expected, which is exactly what San Francisco appears to be doing.
Originally posted by Beeker:

Hey. It is what it is. You can argue with me, but I have the facts right here and it says Jenkins didn't catch a pass in his rookie season. I think it is time to be realistic with Jenkins and consider his progression more of a nice to have rather than something expected, which is exactly what San Francisco appears to be doing.

Regarding Jenkins the comment about the number of catches is factual. The rest is pure speculation.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Boldin was on Mike & Mike a few minutes ago, and from what I can tell, he's excited to be a niner and said he grew up a 49ers fan.

Really? Wow! I like the signing even more now.