LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
6TH ROUND LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

STEAL
Wow, awesome. I love it.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
WOW! Good trade. I had hoped he would end up here.

Any word yet on his reaction??

Like this more than tendering a 1st for Victor Cruz. Given the landscape (and pay) for top wideouts this off-season the $6 million price tag seems like a good value. Not saying Boldin is quite that level but nonetheless represents good value. Also, given the Seahawks physical style we need to bring in a guy who can play that type of game and Boldin fits.
lol AJ better start running with Rice now
Awesome. And for nothing, really.
Where's the speed in our receiver corps? Please don't say Jenkins.
Props to Trent Baalke on this one.
What a great trade!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Now, if either Jenkins or Lockette turn into a speed burning stretch the field kind of player, the Niners have a very potent receiving corp. Also, both Boldin and Crabtree are so adept at mid-range catches that this might make it easier for Davis to slip by into the longer range routes. Very nice. And now, they can just concentrate all their assets on rebuilding and strengthening the defense through the draft.

absolute perfect recipe for success!
Originally posted by socal9er42:
WOW! Good trade. I had hoped he would end up here.

Any word yet on his reaction??

Gotta imagine hes cool with it. Gets to keep his salary and most likely a starting spot on a team who went to the super bowl.

I love this team!!!!
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Damn, s**t is getting real now. Crabtree, Boldin, and Davis
Originally posted by paulk205:
Where's the speed in our receiver corps? Please don't say Jenkins.

kyle williams, mario manningham....
I am good with this. Even if he is a one year rental, he is a good receiver and fights for the ball. I was just listening to a comment on the radio that the Niners were second place in the Harvin trade. Once the Seahags worked out the deal for Harvin, it appears the trigger on Boldin was pulled. I have always liked Boldin and I am glad he is coming, but I wish we could have had Harvin rather than Seattle. If the Hags didn't get him, I wouldn't care much, but they did and I had no idea Baalke would be in the race for him. Nice to see us active where we need it though.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I think we keep manningham

Between him and Kyle, I'd rather have Mario too, but he carries a bigger cap number.
Share 49ersWebzone