There are 214 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're getting Randy Moss again, but without the 'cracks', and extended ability to reach out an educate teammates. -We seem to be stocking up on 1st round has-beens who won Superbowls a season previous.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Percy Harvin averaged 10.9 yards per reception last year. Anquan Boldin: 14.2

Slight difference at QB, but point taken.

nvm...
[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I want to see him knock Sherman on his punk ass.

this
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
WR is a HUGE need for the 49ers. Manningham had a monstrous injury that he may not be fully recovered from until well into the preseason or even after the beginning of the season and who knows what production you'll get from him then?

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Manningham begin the season on IR, then become the one player at the end of the year they can activate per the new IR rules.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
man we got no cap space now though lol, hmmm does that mean we done in free agency?

we will probably still make some cuts.

The best part of the 1 year rental is that we'll have cap space next year to re-negotiate with Aldon and Kaepernick
this is gonna be the best Free Agency/Draft evarrrrrrrrrrr

Hahahahaha great job. We really like handling those delusional Seahawks fans over there. We get a real proven wr that actually scores and is great at his position for a 6th.
"What once was a not-so-friendly rivalry between San Francisco and Seattle has turned into something more like an arms race, with the Seahawks making the first bold move by adding wide receiver Percy Harvin.

Now it's up to San Francisco to counter, and this just in: The 49ers on Monday acquired wide receiver Anquan Boldin from Baltimore, a guy who helped beat them in Super Bowl XLVII. What's more, they have five of the first 93 choices in this year's draft and 14 overall, including three expected compensatory choices. That gives them the freedom to respond to Seattle, with speculation centered on New York Jets' cornerback Darrelle Revis.

All I know is that Seattle and San Francisco seem to be positioning themselves for a two-team race ... and I'm not talking about the NFC West. I'm talking about the NFC, period."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/21854205/seattle-49ers-turning-nfc-west-into-an-arms-race
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If there's a reason not to like the trade it's because there went our cap room. No better way to start FA than with no cap room amirite?

I doubt they were going to make any big signings in the first place. With the Alex trade, the release of Akers, and whoever else they let go, they'll have plenty of cap space to add in a couple lower-mid tier free agents that are left after the vultures raid the market.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by paulk205:
Where's the speed in our receiver corps? Please don't say Jenkins.

Jenkins.
R Lockette as well.....I believe he'll be in camp ready to make his mark.
If the trade cannot be completed until he returns to the US and passes a medical then presumably this does not clear any cap space for the Ravens. Wait to they realise they just agreed to trade Boldin and they are still over the cap! and have to cut another player or two to cover the $6m cap space they thought they just created!!

• boast
  • Hella Fame
According to @PFF Boldin had the lowest drop rate in the NFL at 2.99%. Next closest? Roddy White at 4.17% #Hands #Value #49ers
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
f**k you SEATTLE
Originally posted by elguapo:
this is gonna be the best Free Agency/Draft evarrrrrrrrrrr

Hahahahaha great job. We really like handling those delusional Seahawks fans over there. We get a real proven wr that actually scores and is great at his position for a 6th.
what Baalke & co. have done with the Alex trade and now this is gettin me real fired up
Don't worry about the speed factor guys. Either we sign Cribbs (speed WR w/ return ability that is an upgrade from Ginn), or we draft a speedier WR in the mid-rds to compete with Jenkins (who should only improve).
Great trade. Can't go wrong with a tough clutch WR.
Share 49ersWebzone