LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by richierichard:
Originally posted by Don49er:
I am not a big fan of this trade, why do we need another receiver. Isn't Crabtree, Williams, Jenkins, Manningham, and Davis good enough.
What we really need is a corner, not a old over payed receiver.

Did you not watch the SB?

free agency isnt done yet, we still going after a corner, believe in harbaalke!
Didn't I catch somewhere that Boldin agreed to restructure. Even still for a 6th that probably would have been cut? Great deal! And we still have 13-14 picks to boot!
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
...and it's all about VALUE for Baalke.

Seattle gives up a 1, a 7, and a mid rounder next year for Harvin.

Niners say, "OK...good move....we'll go get SB Champion Boldin for a 6".

Next.

Word.
im soooo happy seatle wont have 1 round pick, so they wont get our NT or DE , in every mock, ppl have seatle taking DE or OLB , now its just another player that can fall for us... sweet
Percy Harvin averaged 10.9 yards per reception last year. Anquan Boldin: 14.2
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
It's never good enough. With our WRs woes the past 2 seasons, not to mention the last 10 years, have been atrocious.

We'll probably add another WR between rounds 2-4 and perhaps another in the late rounds. Harbaugh preaches camp competition. We're getting it this year. I think the only safe WR on the roster is Crabtree at this point.

I agree. I really had an urge to cuss that guy out, then I realized this isn't the Chiefs forum.

WR is a HUGE need for the 49ers. Manningham had a monstrous injury that he may not be fully recovered from until well into the preseason or even after the beginning of the season and who knows what production you'll get from him then? Williams wasn't ever that great to begin with.

Essentially before today the 49ers healthy WR's were Crabtree and Jenkins. Anyone who claims that the 49ers are "okay" with that is out of their mind. Boldin adds a credible #2 WR to this team. Yes he's declining somewhat, but he's a smart veteran who never relied on his speed or athleticism to make plays anyways. He instantly improves this team's red zone offense and gives them a legit counterpoint to Crabtree.

Now if they can add someone like a Tavon Austin to really stretch the field, along with Jenkins and whatever contributions they may get from Manningham, that's a pretty good group of WR's.
Originally posted by Don49er:
I am not a big fan of this trade, why do we need another receiver. Isn't Crabtree, Williams, Jenkins, Manningham, and Davis good enough.
What we really need is a corner, not a old, over payed, receiver.

?!?

Are you nuts? LOL.

Do the Ravens win the SB without Boldin? Have you ever seen Boldin get "outmuscled" for a ball (not gonna be like Seattle again).

For a SIXTH round pick and no future obligations? If it doesn't work out in camp you just cut the dude.

Seriously!?!
Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
See ya Manningham.....sorry about your luck! Boldin takes the need for Mario sticking around!

You might want to think about that...If Manningham comes back healthy, what kind of damage does he do against #3 corners when he was facing #2s all last season? Mismatch heaven. Crabs, Boldin, VD and Manningham. Speed and size..pick your poison...you're not going to stop all of them.

Exactly. It would be crazy to get rid of Manningham right now. IMO, you need at least 3 veteran WRs on your roster who can do damage, and we have that now.

Davis! We will use Aj and Williams!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
OOO MA MA

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
This opens the draft up some and if we get Sean Smith I think we could truly go BPA almost regardless of position.

I know Boldin isn't a long term fix but man he'll help for a couple years. Crabtree and Boldin is the best WR duo we've had since Rice and Owens.
cant afford any more FA's

I think we can. Especially if we extend Boldin a year or two. Maybe Justin Smith gets extended too. There's also a chance we release guys like Goodwinn, Haralson, Manningham, or Williams.
Good front offices can manipulate the cap to do a lot.

Originally posted by Ballistic:
Percy Harvin averaged 10.9 yards per reception last year. Anquan Boldin: 14.2

Slight difference at QB, but point taken.
this is gonna be the best Free Agency/Draft evarrrrrrrrrrr

• Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Vikings made an offer for Anquan Boldin, too http://wp.me/p14QSB-7C93
I want to see him knock Sherman on his punk ass.
man we got no cap space now though lol, hmmm does that mean we done in free agency?
Share 49ersWebzone