There are 195 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
See ya Manningham.....sorry about your luck! Boldin takes the need for Mario sticking around!

You might want to think about that...If Manningham comes back healthy, what kind of damage does he do against #3 corners when he was facing #2s all last season? Mismatch heaven. Crabs, Boldin, VD and Manningham. Speed and size..pick your poison...you're not going to stop all of them.
This opens the draft up some and if we get Sean Smith I think we could truly go BPA almost regardless of position.

I know Boldin isn't a long term fix but man he'll help for a couple years. Crabtree and Boldin is the best WR duo we've had since Rice and Owens.
Originally posted by jrg:
See ya Manningham.....sorry about your luck! Boldin takes the need for Mario sticking around!

Manningham will be back as our #3 WR

He is recovering from a major injury and we need to save cash somewhere!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
This opens the draft up some and if we get Sean Smith I think we could truly go BPA almost regardless of position.

I know Boldin isn't a long term fix but man he'll help for a couple years. Crabtree and Boldin is the best WR duo we've had since Rice and Owens.
cant afford any more FA's
Originally posted by Don49er:
I am not a big fan of this trade, why do we need another receiver. Isn't Crabtree, Williams, Jenkins, Manningham, and Davis good enough.
What we really need is a corner, not a old, over payed, receiver.

Still hope the niners tender their pick for Cruz.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
WOW! Good trade. I had hoped he would end up here.

Any word yet on his reaction??

Like this more than tendering a 1st for Victor Cruz. Given the landscape (and pay) for top wideouts this off-season the $6 million price tag seems like a good value. Not saying Boldin is quite that level but nonetheless represents good value. Also, given the Seahawks physical style we need to bring in a guy who can play that type of game and Boldin fits.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

You might want to think about that...If Manningham comes back healthy, what kind of damage does he do against #3 corners when he was facing #2s all last season? Mismatch heaven. Crabs, Boldin, VD and Manningham. Speed and size..pick your poison...you're not going to stop all of them.

Exactly. It would be crazy to get rid of Manningham right now. IMO, you need at least 3 veteran WRs (or 2 vets and a promising youngster) on your roster who can do damage, and we have that now.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Don't leave out Davis! I can't wait to see all three of these on the field!
Boldin is essentially replacing Moss, even though different type receiver.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Don49er:
I am not a big fan of this trade, why do we need another receiver. Isn't Crabtree, Williams, Jenkins, Manningham, and Davis good enough.
What we really need is a corner, not a old, over payed, receiver.

And then Frank or Kaep gash them when they are covered.

Seriously, people also forget that Walker will probably be gone and so our 2nd TE will probably not be as effective next year in blocking/catching passes. Yes, Walker was middle-of-the-road TE starter, but we still need to replace him. This draft does have good TE prospects, though.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Exactly. It would be crazy to get rid of Manningham right now. IMO, you need at least 3 veteran WRs on your roster who can do damage, and we have that now.

Davis! We will use Aj and Williams!
If there's a reason not to like the trade it's because there went our cap room. No better way to start FA than with no cap room amirite?
Share 49ersWebzone