There are 292 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great news, but we better be restructuring his contract
Consummate professional, great hands, great routes and strength. Has never relied on his speed, I love this for a 6th. On 3rd down we now have Crabtree, Boldin and Vernon with guys like LMJ in the backfield, he will help extend many many drives.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Hoping they extend him, lower his 2013 cap number a bit (currently $6m) and give him that money guaranteed (but spread it out over a few years). He's still only 32 and as a slot WR, could easily play another 2-3 years.

Not against the move, but I don't want him at ~$7 mil a year.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by hawker84:
great pickup,.. i've always like boldin... for a 6 rounder too... you guys got a good there.

And congratulations on Harvin. The NFC west is getting downright scary.
When everyone was calling us the NFC Least and saying we didn't deserve a playoff team I just told people that the NFL rotates just like every other sport. There are times when a division will be down and then times when it's up. Kind of like the NFC winning the sb for many years in a row then AFC... same thing with the pro bowl... same thing with the world series, etc. It's amazing how far the division has come. 2 super bowl contenders and one playoff contender... Bottom line is all 3 teams will beat each other up and it will be a dog fight. I think all 3 team's fans should be afraid of the other teams.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
7.53 mil cap figure?

ya I saw that, any idea? Maybe a roster bonus?
I love this move! A big physical receiver to challenge the Seahawks' secondary.
Does he end the curse of TO and the #81 jersey?
didn't see this coming...
BOOM......now add that Tavon Austin kid and this offense is going to go HAM next season.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
7.53 mil cap figure?

6 mil contract, I thought...

I had to verify multiple sources. I thought it might be April 1st on the Webzone!
Beat us in the post season and we'll get ya
WOW. Boldin for a 6th rounder. REJOICE Niner fans. REJOICE.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
im glad SF finally realized how things r done. obviously seatle drafts or signs players for one reason only------ to beat us... now SF is doing the same things... lets see how their big CBs handle this big boy ( or try).
now we dont need to draft WR , hell , what we gonna do with all those pics. I wish we draft only defenders... or turn some of the picks into next year first rounders ( we gonna need fresh , younger , cheap guys pretty soon)
49ers draft picks + Alex Smith trade + Boldin trade > Harvin trade
Share 49ersWebzone