There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Larry Grant

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Well now we know why teams were not falling all over themselves to get the guy....

And now we might have a chance to keep him for one more year.

That's a win win situation. By win win I mean it's win win for us.

Agreed

Well now we know why teams were not falling all over themselves to get the guy....

Agreed
He did look pretty huge
he was a back up and made more money than bowman last year.
Bring his azz back after the 4th game if no rookie works out. He will be pumped up and ready to prove himself.
Originally posted by fandemonium:

Agreed

inconceivable.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this may have been part of the reason why teams were not standing in line to sign him, i still tend to think he is not full time starting material for anything more than one or two games. he never got any looks last year and that was when he was coming off his nice play during the time patrick was hurt. his illegal activities may be some of it but i think nfl teams do not over rated this guy like many fans around here do. he is a back up, he will always be a back up and filling his role is the very very least of our concerns and is one of the easiest things we will do this off season
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saj4423:
Bring his azz back after the 4th game if no rookie works out. He will be pumped up and ready to prove himself.

ha. as sus said we will find a younger better person in the draft,, we also have our guy we got from the bengals and the two kids who did not play last year. he will be pumped up and that is the problem and i believe he will never wear a niner uniform again
Originally posted by CityKing415:
He is a beast..didn't get enough credit for how he filled in and played great last year..he won us that Seattle game with the forced fumbled..hope we keep him or he gets a chance to be a starter elsewhere

What's he ever done except for that Seattle game?

One good game. Lets pay him Flynn money.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:
What's he ever done except for that Seattle game?

One good game. Lets pay him Flynn money.

of course this is the truth. if i hear one more time he was a special teams stud i will puke. our entire special ed teams sucked last year and in my opinion there was no such thing as a stud for us on special teams.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Maybe his price went down...could be a good backup for us again after the 4 games

we will find a back up in the draft.

I say sign Larry Grant to a 3 year league minimum contract with no guaranteed money. This is a win win as

1. The draft pick they would use for a ST or LB can be traded for a higher pick in 2014
2. He could be cut with no cost to the cap
3. Vet minimum salaries do not count as much against the cap
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the truth. if i hear one more time he was a special teams stud i will puke. our entire special ed teams sucked last year and in my opinion there was no such thing as a stud for us on special teams.

CJ Spillman would like a word with you.
[ Edited by Disp on Apr 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM ]
deuces
Larry Grant, a backup linebacker the past two seasons, has been suspended the first four games of next season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substance, the NFL announced Friday.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran