LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FL9er:
No disrespect, but he's not coming here, please stop. It doesn't make sense from a fiscal standpoint. Fat chance Revis "settles" for what he made on his last contract. I don't care about the ACL, or the limited options in terms of trade, he still is Darrelle Revis, the best CB in the game, an elite player at the HIGHEST paid position after QB. He has always been about the $$$ - he held out as a rookie before signing a contract ABOVE his draft slot, then held out again 2 years later.

He's not? Source?

May as well throw in tomorrow's lottery numbers while you're at it.
49ers have been the mystery team since last year. Baalke never shows his cards carrot wait till noon.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Here's another idea - how about everyone stop worrying about "big hitters" and worry more about "great in coverage"?

LOL...this.
Originally posted by FL9er:
No disrespect, but he's not coming here, please stop. It doesn't make sense from a fiscal standpoint. Fat chance Revis "settles" for what he made on his last contract. I don't care about the ACL, or the limited options in terms of trade, he still is Darrelle Revis, the best CB in the game, an elite player at the HIGHEST paid position after QB. He has always been about the $$$ - he held out as a rookie before signing a contract ABOVE his draft slot, then held out again 2 years later.

Sounds like you don't understand leverage my man. For one, what I proposed was a scenario. It was not stated as fact.

Two, I'm well aware of who he is. I'm also aware that no team is going give ANY player coming off a major injury $16 mil a year. Not even Darrelle Revis.

There's a reason why he hasn't been traded yet. Use your brain.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM ]
FYI:

"If #Jets trade Revis, they'll LOSE cap room. His charge goes from $9M (current) to $12M (dead) if moved by Saturday."

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/RichCimini/status/311845598242406400

Looks like nothing is happening until next week.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
I could see Denver being it as well.

My reasoning behind my gut feeling it's us is

A) The fact we're going after Sean Smith so hard tells me that we're not just after a CB but a CB with some impact

B) If the Jets are waiting for the Bucs to magically increase their offer they won't because whose going to outbid themselves. So unless the Jets are stupid which may easily be the case it seems logically to go ahead and start hammering the deal out with the Bucs unless you feel their is another viable player in the game.

C) So far as we know Denver and Atlanta haven't shown major interest in the top of the FA CB crop and I've only heard of Denver being interested in DRC.

D) Seems like we have always tried to keep our interest and movements as quite as possible

With all that said if Denver or Atlanta were the mystery team I would think they would be in the thick of things for Revis right now since there really isn't anything to wait for. We're the only team that we know of that's heavily pursuing one of the big fish in the FA CB market so we have a reason to put any Revis talks on hold and the Jets have a reason to take a wait and see approach.

Of course I could be completely wrong and the mystery team is complete nonsense in attempt to get the Bucs to budge from their offer.

Denver has been one of the main teams linked in rumors with Revis from the get-go, not sure where you got the bolded part from.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/55783/report-broncos-show-interest-in-darrelle-revis
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Denver has been one of the main teams linked in rumors with Revis from the get-go, not sure where you got the bolded part from.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/55783/report-broncos-show-interest-in-darrelle-revis

I'm referring to as of right this moment especially if the Bucs have a chance of landing him.

Again I'm not suggesting Denver isn't in it right this moment but as I've said I'm just going by mostly gut feeling.

It's clear our primary focus is Sean Smith and if we land him everything is a moot point but if we don't is when we should find things out.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
Here's another idea - how about everyone stop worrying about "big hitters" and worry more about "great in coverage"?

LOL...this.

of course this is the truth
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Sounds like you don't understand leverage my man. For one, what I proposed was a scenario. It was not stated as fact.

Two, I'm well aware of who he is. I'm also aware that no team is going give ANY player coming off a major injury $16 mil a year. Not even Darrelle Revis.

There's a reason why he hasn't been traded yet. Use your brain.
i think alot of people must have slept through the last two years since the new regime has stepped in. this is not how they do things. the only teams that do that are s**tty teams , eagles, bucs, miami
They found the mystery team its the Patriots?

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob
IBN Sports Wrap - BREAKING: AFC "Rival" Makes Bid For Revis by Incarcerated Bob http://shar.es/eu6F5 ; Should the Jets take this deal now?
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Mar 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

IBN Sports Wrap - BREAKING: AFC "Rival" Makes Bid For Revis by Incarcerated Bob http://shar.es/eu6F5 ; Should the Jets take this deal now?

That would show some awful desperation on the Jets part, trading Revis so he can own their s**tty quarterback twice a year? Painful.

That would show some awful desperation on the Jets part, trading Revis so he can own their s**tty quarterback twice a year? Painful.

I agree I think 49ers can offer a better deal if they please but the Jets holding their ground they say
I agree I think 49ers can offer a better deal if they please but the Jets holding their ground they say

If that deal happens, the Jets GM is going to get absolutely destroyed by their fanbase. That'd be like trading Patrick Willis or Justin Smith to the Seahawks.

If that deal happens, the Jets GM is going to get absolutely destroyed by their fanbase. That'd be like trading Patrick Willis or Justin Smith to the Seahawks.

Totally agree doubt it happens Owners meeting is next weekend they say likely dealt then
Share 49ersWebzone