LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by nyjetdude:
5 teams are said to be in a bidding war for Revis -

Falcons, Lions, Eagles, Tampa and 49ers…

I hope it's the 49ers, you guys got a lot of picks to give away.

said by who

where is this info coming from?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

said by who

hopefully Tebow's spiritual adviser/PR consultant.

Do not want an expensive Revis rental.

1 year rental, hopefully we don't give more than a 3rd rounder.
Originally posted by niners94:

we definitley wont win if we dont give more then that. but i agree no more then a 3rd
Originally posted by braap49er:

we definitley wont win if we dont give more then that. but i agree no more then a 3rd

He's only costing the Jets $6M this year. They also get some cap relief if he stays + get a 3rd round compensation pick next year.
With that a 3rd rounder likely doesn't even get your phone call returned.
He's only costing the Jets $6M this year. They also get some cap relief if he stays + get a 3rd round compensation pick next year.

I'd be willing to bet that the Jets called the 49ers, not the other way around.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

We are trying to win the superbowl, not talk to the Jets. Go shop Revis somewhere else.

Ok so keep him.
I either see Revis staying with the Jets (with New York just suffering cap hell having to keep both him and Sanchez for one more year), or the Lions/Eagles obtaining him, this guy is a pro at taking money just to play for s**tty teams.

-Revis is like Randy Moss, doesn't care if he ever wins a SB (and doesn't see it as a a requirement for a great player), he'll f**king play for the Jags if he earned a Joe Flacco contract!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I either see Revis staying with the Jets (with New York just suffering cap hell having to keep both him and Sanchez for one more year), or the Lions/Eagles obtaining him, this guy is a pro at taking money just to play for s**tty teams.

-Revis is like Randy Moss, doesn't care if he ever wins a SB (and doesn't see it as a a requirement for a great player), he'll f**king play for the Jags if he earned a Joe Flacco contract!

I think 99% of the players in the NFL would play anywhere for Joe Flacco money

I think 99% of the players in the NFL would play anywhere for Joe Flacco money
Revis when healthy is the real deal as a player; but he is never satisfied with anything; he is like a child stuffing his mouth full of cookies while eyeing the next unopened box.

" I ain't got time for dat"!
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
RT @SMcCool34: Any Revis news? ... Going to SF or not. Going to ATL or not. Trade imminent or not. Let's just sit back and wait and see.

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob
@edwardethan Jets could have pulled trigger on Revis deal tonight with #Bucs but Owner wants more
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
damn, Bucs were trying to land Revis AND Goldson? Where the hell are all these Florida teams getting this money?

I dont want him because of the cost...but I am not sure where this idea is coming from. The guy has only played for one team ever, its not really his fault that they are terrible now. In fact when he resigned with them a few years ago they were a contender. Sure he held out for more money...but tons of guys do that. Seems like you painting him with a pretty wide brush there.
Share 49ersWebzone