There are 150 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Really don't think it's us, I'm gonna guess its Tampa

I doubt it. I can't see him going to a bad team. He holds the power in the trade, if he doesn't like the team he can just say no to the extension.
Mind you, they don't pay state tax in Florida (I think) so that might suit his greedy a$$ just fine.

Why not? He wants the money. The ring would be a nice extra of course, but his primary concern is getting paid a max salary. He probably thinks he can turn around any team he plays for.

Exactly, revis will play for the team that gives him top defensive player money or the highest bidder. I'm sure winning is nice but he's the type of player who prefers money 1st and winning 2nd
Exactly, revis will play for the team that gives him top defensive player money or the highest bidder. I'm sure winning is nice but he's the type of player who prefers money 1st and winning 2nd

agreed
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Really don't think it's us, I'm gonna guess its Tampa

I doubt it. I can't see him going to a bad team. He holds the power in the trade, if he doesn't like the team he can just say no to the extension.
Mind you, they don't pay state tax in Florida (I think) so that might suit his greedy a$$ just fine.

Why not? He wants the money. The ring would be a nice extra of course, but his primary concern is getting paid a max salary. He probably thinks he can turn around any team he plays for.

Pretty sure he doesn't want to waste away out of the spotlight though. IMO his max money would come from proving his knee is good, playing out his contract and hitting FA next year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
The New York Jets have a "good" trade offer from a team for Darrelle Revis.

The trade is fair in terms of compensation to the Jets and the financial package that would be extended to Revis.

The details of the deal haven't been shared with Revis.

The Jets are expected to make a strong push to trade Revis this month.

Unless it's an 8 year deal with a modest amount of guaranteed money, I highly doubt it's us.
It isn't us. We will be focused on our front 7 and safety. We will add a better bargain at safety
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
It isn't us. We will be focused on our front 7 and safety. We will add a better bargain at safety

I seriously doubt anyone of us saw the Boldin thing coming. I wouldnt put anything past Baalke. I dont see Revis in SF, but who knows anymore. The guy is smart, and impossible to predict. If Trent and Jim want Revis, they will find a way to get him, if not, they will continue to screw with the rest of the league to mess up some other club. Almost seems like a game to them, and they win more often than not.
I doubt it's anyone and it reeks of the Jets err I mean "league source" letting it leak there is a good offer on the table to possibly spook a team into getting the action or trying to leverage a team that's already in it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Well, well well...

On Mike & Mike this morning, John Clayton said that a deal for Revis is imminent. Likely to be done today or tomorrow. And that the Broncos and Niners are the likely destinations.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Well, well well...

On Mike & Mike this morning, John Clayton said that a deal for Revis is imminent. Likely to be done today or tomorrow. And that the Broncos and Niners are the likely destinations.

So it'll be the Eagles, then.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Well, well well...

So it'll be the Eagles, then.

Prediction: revis intercepts Alex Smith 5 times next year. It's Denver. Has to be Denver. It's has to gawdammit.

NINERS get REVIS! It has to happen!!!! Revis and Reed!!!!
I read the Jets prefer an NFC team according to Manish Mehta of New York daily news on twitter! Please God let it be the 49ers!
Well, well well...

hope clayton is wrong

niners don't need him. Need pass rushers (we saw what happened with smith out)
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Well, well well...

hope clayton is wrong

niners don't need him. Need pass rushers (we saw what happened with smith out)
We still can get a pass rusher, we need both positions and Reed is better option then a mediocre Safety or rookie

you can get away with playing a rookie DLmen then a rookie Safety
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I would trade a 2nd and 3rd for revis and throw in next years pick we get from the CHiefs. We would still have a pick in the 1st 4 rounds and a comp pick in the 3rd or 4th. We can trade our other 4 picks for picks next year. We only need like 4 or 5 rookies.
Share 49ersWebzone