LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Revis is a great player but not worth the drama imo
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He'll cost $6 million for 2013 . . . that we know.

Can we restructure his contract for this year with the trade?

?

We CAN but why would he? He has one year left...where would you defer the money to?

The only "restructure" would be an extension and he wants 16 mil per.

For a LT contract; incentive. 3 years @ 9-11M a year. He makes an extra 3-5M more this year to come to SF and makes the same for the next two years.

So then you are talking extension.....but he still wants 16 mill per year.

If the Niners can trade for him and extend him for the $$$ you are talking about then I'm all for it....I just don't think they can.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
Originally posted by pelos21:
Revis is a great player but not worth the drama imo

This one I disagree with.

His only drama is contract talk. If he gets a contract, he's not a bad locker room guy. Even if he were that wouldn't fly in the Niner locker room.

He's uised to being the big fish. He wouldn't be that in SF...and that interview with Michael Robinson showed me that he knows that.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
So then you are talking extension.....but he still wants 16 mill per year.

If the Niners can trade for him and extend him for the $$$ you are talking about then I'm all for it....I just don't think they can.

Fair!

Although if he restructures and takes 3 years for 11 = 33. Otherwise it's 6M this year plus his ideal @ 16 + 16 = 38. No way in hell is he going to get a 16+M anyhow so if we can extend him in this 9-11M range on a torn knee to play for a Superbowl team, I have a feeling he'll take it and run...literally!

This will be a fun one to watch! That and Goldson.
wow, 16 mil, 11 mil, 9 mil...and the guy missed how many games? More than half as I recall. Just how good is that knee? Maybe i'm just too country, but a heiffer with a repaired broken leg, despite the breeding and results proven breeding performance....nah, not in a zillion yrs. Now, you want to make his contract dependent upon how many games he plays, and not bust the bank, then I would listen. But Marvin, ye of great wisdom, physical condition plus cost to me is a no sale....unless some rather protective words added to contract and then making an offer of say 8 mil max, 4 yrs.His biggest incentives would be to be healthy. Only then would I consider half of his ridiculous $16 mil prayer, masquerading as a request/demand.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
wow, 16 mil, 11 mil, 9 mil...and the guy missed how many games? More than half as I recall. Just how good is that knee? Maybe i'm just too country, but a heiffer with a repaired broken leg, despite the breeding and results proven breeding performance....nah, not in a zillion yrs. Now, you want to make his contract dependent upon how many games he plays, and not bust the bank, then I would listen. But Marvin, ye of great wisdom, physical condition plus cost to me is a no sale....unless some rather protective words added to contract and then making an offer of say 8 mil max, 4 yrs.His biggest incentives would be to be healthy. Only then would I consider half of his ridiculous $16 mil prayer, masquerading as a request/demand.

To be completely honest, I don't think it's gonna happen.

If it does it'll be a 1 year rental, so not huge compensation.

Some Jets fans I have spoken with want this to happen DURING the season so he can prove that knee is healthy, but I just don't see the deal they are hoping for taking place during the season.

The only way I can see him signing a long term contract in SF is if his demands drop substantially. So far there has been no sign of that taking place.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM ]
Keep posting those..shows how far off a fan base can get! The reality would be more in your ballpark, for sure!

As to ppl who think we build through the draft...true...until you're one or two pieces from a Championship. Then you bring in that one piece to help you get over the hump. This FO is the best in football and we have the best salary cap guru. This can be done.

Build through the draft AND resign our players, don't give 10-15 mil to a guy coming off knee surgery. What are you gonna do when hes lost a step? Way too much risk! We are trying to avoid cap hell, we've been there before.
[ Edited by Magzarillious on Mar 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Keep posting those..shows how far off a fan base can get! The reality would be more in your ballpark, for sure!

As to ppl who think we build through the draft...true...until you're one or two pieces from a Championship. Then you bring in that one piece to help you get over the hump. This FO is the best in football and we have the best salary cap guru. This can be done.

Build through the draft AND resign our players, don't give 10-15 mil to a guy coming off knee surgery. What are you gonna do when hes lost a step? Way too much risk! We are trying to avoid cap hell, we've been there before.
where are you getting 10-15 mill from ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Its been posted millions of times, Revis wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, he wants 16 million a year
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Its been posted millions of times, Revis wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, he wants 16 million a year

This.

no thanks... can we stop jerking off to this now? (Baalke doesn't overpay for any player, and he isn't going to start now)
He may want to be paid to what a player of his talent deserves but he still wants one thing more then that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
no thanks... can we stop jerking off to this now? (Baalke doesn't overpay for any player, and he isn't going to start now)

agree, this is not 1994 and this is not a deon sanders comparison thing. he will not over pay for goldson and he will not overpay for revis. we got to this point by not over paying for the first shiny glittery free agent with bows. we are not straying away from that. also here is a news flash, a shut down corner is not the missing piece for this team. there are several issues we need to address in my view
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree, this is not 1994 and this is not a deon sanders comparison thing. he will not over pay for goldson and he will not overpay for revis. we got to this point by not over paying for the first shiny glittery free agent with bows. we are not straying away from that. also here is a news flash, a shut down corner is not the missing piece for this team. there are several issues we need to address in my view

That is most definetely news to me being our corners looked like pop warner players against any team with a decent receiver. How many receivers gaindd more then 100 yards on us this last season? How well did we shut down Jones, White, Boldin etc in the playoffs? With the exception of Brown our corners wherent nearly as great as perceived this season. We need a shut down corner (not saying its neccesarily Revis) that can stuff receivers without relying as heavily on the pass rush as our current ones do.
I don't want revis period.. how many i told u? I don't want moss our team.. I don't trust to moss cuz he didn't help for us the championship and failed the two points touch down!
Share 49ersWebzone