LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 135 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Everyone would take that, what do you do when the DL fails ?, like what happened to us

We can still draft a CB and trade for revis

Draft DL...then draft DL....then look at the secondary and cornerback, keep the picks and upgrade the roster with inexpensive young players, keep building towards the future, not some overpriced prick that likes to hold out every single offseason.

Give Revis big money and you can kiss goodbye the sort of situation where the 49ers get a guy to give a "hometown discount" like with what happened with Bowman. Tell Crabtree or Aldon to take less than market value when you just handed a big paycheck to a spoiled baby of a player. Good luck with that.

When have we over payed for a player recently?

We have 14 picks...we can draft DL and secondary....we have the upper hand on this trade if it goes down.

We still need a good CB to groom a rookie, revis is great with study in the film room

We have 14 picks...we can draft DL and secondary....we have the upper hand on this trade if it goes down.

We still need a good CB to groom a rookie, revis is great with study in the film room

I'll say this right now, IMO, Revis isn't gonna happen. It'll be the Jonathan Joseph of 2013....the 49ers will "look around", and then they'll go with a far cheaper option, and that player will still turn out to be highly effective. That's always been Baalke's MO. I think the front office recognizes that the pass rush, or lack of it, was this team's biggest problem, plus the issues on special teams. They'll add secondary help in the draft, as well as DL help and this team will be well set up for the future while maximizing their cap space to re-sign Kaepernick, Crabtree, Aldon, Iupati, Brown and more.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
How bout we grab both Revis and Nnamdi

You forgot Ed Reed too.

Perfect. We could just blitz Aaron Rogers with every other defensive player. He'll never complete a single pass against us again. Brilliant!

I'll say this right now, IMO, Revis isn't gonna happen. It'll be the Jonathan Joseph of 2013....the 49ers will "look around", and then they'll go with a far cheaper option, and that player will still turn out to be highly effective. That's always been Baalke's MO. I think the front office recognizes that the pass rush, or lack of it, was this team's biggest problem, plus the issues on special teams. They'll add secondary help in the draft, as well as DL help and this team will be well set up for the future while maximizing their cap space to re-sign Kaepernick, Crabtree, Aldon, Iupati, Brown and more.

That has been baalke's style...can't just close the door on revis though

I think there's as much chance of the 49ers acquiring him as there was of Peyton Manning becoming the 49ers QB last offseason. I don't see it, ultimately I think Revis, just like Manning, winds up in Denver.

I think there's as much chance of the 49ers acquiring him as there was of Peyton Manning becoming the 49ers QB last offseason. I don't see it, ultimately I think Revis, just like Manning, winds up in Denver.

Probably wont even get traded ! Lol

I like dominant DL too...I don't think there's anyone in this years draft though
revis may happen but i hope they dont give too much for him. i hope they just draft dbs and go FA for a legit proven WR this time. draft some stud DT, Safety and a couple corners and bring in a starting WR and were golden. draft depth and potential future starters to replace expiring contracts on soon to be high priced players to keep us cap healthy for the long run. id trade a second rounder this year for a 1st next year like we used to under nolan just to ensure more talent coming in next year since we cant use all the picks this year anyway
Probably wont even get traded ! Lol

I like dominant DL too...I don't think there's anyone in this years draft though

I think is actually a pretty good draft for defensive lineman. Datone Jones from UCLA would be perfect for the system the 49ers run, a guy who can both rush the passer, has a set of well developed pass rushing moves and can also stop the run. Jesse Williams is a high motor guy that demands multiple blockers and can clog up the middle, stop the run, keep the linebackers clean. Brandon Williams is a nice prospect, explosive NT that showed at the Senior Bowl that he can hang at a higher level of competition.

There's quite a few prospects that could provide a nice boost to the 49ers.
I hope not. I want youth and long term. Revis is a used tire with not much tread left IMO. I don't see this happening.
My thoughts are that Revis is an unknown, if healthy, he is great and could put us over the top for next year like Sanders did for us in the last SB the niners won. With that said, we don't know how his health is so surrendering picks, high picks at that, is not prudent, especially for just one year. Yes, we will have a lot of picks this year, but don't assume Ballke will use them all to draft players by only moving up or will give away picks. I would keep the Our pick and the KC pick, at best owr own 2nd, but nothing more, more likely, a third, simply cause I don't see us signing him to a long term contract that will hurt us.

He could also trade say the chiefs 2nd round pick this year (if the trade rumors holds up) for a number one next year. Draft is lacking high round picks, the value is after the lower first to 3rd rounds. So don't be surprised the niners trade our first for second round and thrid ound picks. Of course we may move up, all depends on what is available. Which is good, he is not forcing the issue by drafting a position just because it is seen as a position of need by others, he is looking long term as he should. He is doing what the Pats have done, making the most of our picks despite drafting late.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Revis is damaged goods. I say pass.
Lets give the stupid Jets our 4th for Revis, Tebow, their punter, and Mark Sanchez's girlfriend
So nobody can see the 49ers trading with the Raiders for their 3rd overall pick and choosing the DT Sharrif Floyd out of Florida or Sheldon Richardson out of Missouri that would shore up the DL for the 31st and 34th? Raiders need picks and Aldon Smith needs help.
people who want revis are thinking backwards IMO

we need to keep maintaining our front 7. justin is getting older and we could improve at NT. we lacked that pass rush late in the year because of justin's injury and our secondary paid the price.
Originally posted by BillRing2:
So nobody can see the 49ers trading with the Raiders for their 3rd overall pick and choosing the DT Sharrif Floyd out of Florida or Sheldon Richardson out of Missouri that would shore up the DL for the 31st and 34th? Raiders need picks and Aldon Smith needs help.

That's not nearly enough for that trade up to work. I don't see the point in trading up in a draft that is lacking at the top but is stuffed at the middle. 49ers are best off waiting and seeing who unexpectedly falls, because someone will, at that point, take calls from other teams, see who is desperate to trade off, extract as much as you can from them or simply stay put and take BPA at an area of need.
Share 49ersWebzone