There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Fricker:
yep that are have you see the thread .. hours of laughter and enjoyment.. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361&page=14

i also was the one that broke that Nate Davis got traded to the Colts before it happened .. so believe what ya want .. but this is pretty much the deal. Obviously anything can happen between now and 3/12 but from what i was told today.. This was the deal agreed on and good to go.

Lulz.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
You realize Alex could simply tell KC "yeah sure trade for me, I'm gonna throw the ball to the opponents every snap, how many draft picks ya gonna give up for that?" He has a say. If he doesn't want to be there there is no point in a team trading for him.

Yes, because his track record indicates that's exactly the kind of guy he is. Doing that would be a surefire way for him to continue his career elsewhere in the NFL....oh wait, NO it wouldn't.

My point is still valid. If Alex tells a team he doesn't want to play there they won't be inclined to give up anything of value to bring him in. It is just common sense. History has shown he is emotionally fragile and needs the right situation to succeed. Nobody is giving up anything of value for him unless he is on board with it.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
You realize Alex could simply tell KC "yeah sure trade for me, I'm gonna throw the ball to the opponents every snap, how many draft picks ya gonna give up for that?" He has a say. If he doesn't want to be there there is no point in a team trading for him.

Yes, because his track record indicates that's exactly the kind of guy he is. Doing that would be a surefire way for him to continue his career elsewhere in the NFL....oh wait, NO it wouldn't.

My point is still valid. If Alex tells a team he doesn't want to play there they won't be inclined to give up anything of value to bring him in. It is just common sense. History has shown he is emotionally fragile and needs the right situation to succeed. Nobody is giving up anything of value for him unless he is on board with it.

what's not to like about KC as the best situation for Alex?

Pro Bowl RB
QB friendly/guru HC
talent on defense

what other QB needy team offers a better situation for Alex?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Oh yeah.....not to pop anyone's bubble here but....

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Jim Harbaugh will be the next head coach of the Miami Dolphins

Originally posted by Fricker:
LOL thats cute.. but obviously since its not supposed to break until march 12th i cant say where i heard it from.. just let it be known.. its gonna happen. 99.5% sure.

thanks for your inside info adam schefter

you didn't break the Nate Davis news first either
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Feb 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

you didn't break the Nate Davis first either

Mainly because it never happened.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

what's not to like about KC as the best situation for Alex?

Pro Bowl RB
QB friendly/guru HC
talent on defense

what other QB needy team offers a better situation for Alex?

Agreed. Best situation for Alex IMO. They also have the no.1 pick and will likely draft LT

I know apparently he knows something we don't through his inside source
  • TJA85
  • Veteran

I would disagree that Alex Smith is "emotionally fragile". That man has gone through 7 years of all sorts of different crap and has held his ground and came back every single time (including the incident this past season with his concussion, he has handled the situation very professionally and that's the kind of guy he is).

Now back to the whole Alex Smith and KC thing. Good thing this trade is between the front offices only so if Alex doesn't like where he ends up and expresses it, it would be too late because the trade already happened.
Man if we seriously get a 3rd and another pick for Alex wow.. Totally raped KC

What?

I could have sworn he continued to play through a shoulder injury, public degradation, 60,000 fans booing him... How is that emotionally fragile, Vince Young?
Alex Smith for Brady Quinn !
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
There's a video a month or so back I think it was nfl network where they were talking about the top QB's in the draft and Geno Smith's NFL comparison was...Alex Smith.

That would be freaking hilarious if that got posted on the Chiefs board.

Found the video. Not as good as I remember but still good.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000089114/Scout-s-take-Top-QB-prospects
Originally posted by mkmasn:
What?

I could have sworn he continued to play through a shoulder injury, public degradation, 60,000 fans booing him... How is that emotionally fragile, Vince Young?

I have to be honest, if Smith was emotionally fragile IMO he would have topped himself.

I know apparently he knows something we don't through his inside source

i must confess, i am his inside source..i was just messing with him
[ Edited by hofer36 on Feb 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home