LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I'll say this first. I love Crabtree and hope he's here for a long time. I think he's the best player on our offense other than Kaepernick. Better than Gore and Davis. But..

Career receiving yards are almost identical. Crabtree has him by 40 yards and 1 TD. Harvin though blows Crabtree out in returns and rushing stats. All together Harvin has 3800 more total yards and 8 more TD's.

I give a flying f**k about what Harvin has done. Crabtree just had a better year as a receiver than Harvin has had in any year of his career. Crabtree has been healthy, Harvin has missed games in every single year of his career. Crabtree fits this offense, has chemistry with Kaepernick and has performed well on a winning team and has only continued to improve. Don't care about Harvin's return stats, you can find guys late in the draft who can be returners.

But not guys who are great receivers, runners, and returners.

It is possible to have both. People are thinking too much that we'll be in salary cap hell for years with one big free agent. Plus he will not get $10 million a year. He'll probably have more yards next year than Manningham, Jenkins, and Williams combined.

Harvin didn't miss any games in 2011 and up until this last year he only missed 3 career games. His injury history is way overblown.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We already have an explosive passing offense. In fact, it is the most explosive in the league. Kap averages more ypa than anybody else and has more 20+ yard plays than anybody in the time he played. We are already there. If we passed the ball 30 - 40 times a game we would have the most passing yards in the league.

I agree with what you say, although I don't know much about Lockette.

That's the one thing I don't get, you don't see the Packers and Steelers blowing tons of money on free agent WR's. When you have a franchise quarterback, you don't need to go out and break the bank for every random WR out there. Green Bay has made it a habit to continue to draft WR's, year in and year out and it has worked very well for them, they can withstand the loss of a guy like Jennings because they always keep restocking the cupboard without blowing the bank to do so. The 49ers are set with Crabtree as their #1, they just need to add another quality receiver through the draft, sign a lower-tier free agent for depth and continue to work with and develop Jenkins to progress into a reliable and consistent slot WR.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM ]
Chiefs fans realize that Alex Smith is a glorified game manager who was made successful by Harbaugh's system specifically limiting Alex Smith's need to put the game on his shoulders through defense and a good running game.

If he does end up getting traded to the Chiefs, I see him reverting to the low 80s QB rating quarterback he was before 2011. In fact I will guarantee it.
That's the one thing I don't get, you don't see the Packers and Steelers blowing tons of money on free agent WR's. When you have a franchise quarterback, you don't need to go out and break the bank for every random WR out there. Green Bay has made it a habit to continue to draft WR's, year in and year out and it has worked very well for them, they can withstand the loss of a guy like Jennings because they always keep restocking the cupboard without blowing the bank to do so. The 49ers are set with Crabtree as their #1, they just need to add another quality receiver through the draft, sign a lower-tier free agent for depth and continue to work with and develop Jenkins to progress into a reliable and consistent slot WR.

Exactly.
From what ive been told by an inside source.. its KCs 2013 3rd Rd Pick.
Originally posted by Fricker:

Originally posted by burtreynolds12:
Chiefs fans realize that Alex Smith is a glorified game manager who was made successful by Harbaugh's system specifically limiting Alex Smith's need to put the game on his shoulders through defense and a good running game.

If he does end up getting traded to the Chiefs, I see him reverting to the low 80s QB rating quarterback he was before 2011. In fact I will guarantee it.

You, with all of 1 post on this board, will guarantee it? Oh sure okay.
I'll say this first. I love Crabtree and hope he's here for a long time. I think he's the best player on our offense other than Kaepernick. Better than Gore and Davis. But..

Career receiving yards are almost identical. Crabtree has him by 40 yards and 1 TD. Harvin though blows Crabtree out in returns and rushing stats. All together Harvin has 3800 more total yards and 8 more TD's.

I give a flying f**k about what Harvin has done. Crabtree just had a better year as a receiver than Harvin has had in any year of his career. Crabtree has been healthy, Harvin has missed games in every single year of his career. Crabtree fits this offense, has chemistry with Kaepernick and has performed well on a winning team and has only continued to improve. Don't care about Harvin's return stats, you can find guys late in the draft who can be returners.

But not guys who are great receivers, runners, and returners.

It is possible to have both. People are thinking too much that we'll be in salary cap hell for years with one big free agent. Plus he will not get $10 million a year. He'll probably have more yards next year than Manningham, Jenkins, and Williams combined.

Harvin didn't miss any games in 2011 and up until this last year he only missed 3 career games. His injury history is way overblown.

There are very few team that are as young as us and in the position we are in. we have a s**t ton of very talented yung players coming up on second contracts over the next two seasons, we need to keep that core together, and continue to build through the draft. Its what has gotten us to the current position we are in. Not to mention our QB is playing for peanuts.

f**k Phoenix, you owe me a new keyboard man.

LOL thats cute.. but obviously since its not supposed to break until march 12th i cant say where i heard it from.. just let it be known.. its gonna happen. 99.5% sure.

LOL thats cute.. but obviously since its not supposed to break until march 12th i cant say where i heard it from.. just let it be known.. its gonna happen. 99.5% sure.

Well, my inside source.....aka the voices in my head.....have been telling me that Alex would get traded for the Chiefs 3rd rounder for like 2 months now so there.

My inside source says it's a KC 2nd rounder.

Just let it be known. 99.9% sure.

Trading a backup QB for a 3rd round pick?

Too good to be true. No wonder KC fans are pissed.
Originally posted by burtreynolds12:
Trading a backup QB for a 3rd round pick?

Too good to be true. No wonder KC fans are pissed.

yep that are have you see the thread .. hours of laughter and enjoyment.. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361&page=14

i also was the one that broke that Nate Davis got traded to the Colts before it happened .. so believe what ya want .. but this is pretty much the deal. Obviously anything can happen between now and 3/12 but from what i was told today.. This was the deal agreed on and good to go.
Share 49ersWebzone