There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Originally posted by okdkid:
No seriously, what 'effing video of Geno Smith are those Chief fans watching? Holy moly. Did they watch college football this season?

I wouldn't take Geno first overall. But what's not to like about him besides his one game against Kansas state?
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
no deal is done...this is baalke driving up alex smith's asking price and making team that like him more scared that they wont get him. Baalke is a genius

Highly unlikely.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
So are you guys going to be rooting for the Chiefs now if Alex Smith goes there? I know I will as long as were not playing them. Will always be an Alex fan and hope he balls out!

Me too, I already bought my KC Snapback hat
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
....remind me again why we are talking 3/4 round compensation.....?

Because we are not bargaining from a complete position of strength. Everyone knows that Kap is our guy, if we do hold on to Alex, that prevents us from extending guys like Dashon or signing Free Agents. We are lucky that Alex is the best on the market and that the QB draft class blows, otherwise we might be getting worse offers or none at all.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Manning is one of the biggest playoff choke artists in NFL history.

AS will have the chiefs as instant playoff contenders in that division.

LOL Please send me some of that good stuff you are smoking.

Manning really is a pretty big choker, no denying that. And as long as the Chiefs defense is at least decent, Alex Smith can for sure make the Chiefs competitive instantly and maybe even playoff hopefuls this year. They have weapons on offense, including one hell of a running back. We've seen dramatic turnarounds instantly from NFL teams before..


I agree with Idaho but idk about the biggest choker(**cough** ROMO) but yea manning has thrown the game losing interception in playoffs alot. AS would give chiefs great stability and if they bolster up their defense a lil more in the draft and FA they can be big contenders in a weak division
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Manning is one of the biggest playoff choke artists in NFL history.

AS will have the chiefs as instant playoff contenders in that division.

LOL Please send me some of that good stuff you are smoking.

That chiefs team is ready to roll with AS under center. He fits nearly perfect there.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
So are you guys going to be rooting for the Chiefs now if Alex Smith goes there? I know I will as long as were not playing them. Will always be an Alex fan and hope he balls out!
Nah I can't actively root for another team besides the 49ers. But I wont be the least bit mad if the Chiefs do well with Alex as their QB (except if it's against us of course). I would like to see Alex be successful as I think he's a real quality person and I have mad respect for all that he's gone through and I like to see quality dudes be successful in life.

But no, I won't become a Chiefs fan just because of Alex. My heart bleeds for one (football) team and one team only.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
no deal is done...this is baalke driving up alex smith's asking price and making team that like him more scared that they wont get him. Baalke is a genius

Highly unlikely.

why would we settle with a deal before Free agency starts with the the best FA QB in the league? (not including flacco) im sure we will hear the offers coming in once the free agency period hits
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LOL Chiefs fans reactions

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361

I like how they have terrible QB, and the draft has no great QB options, yet theyre mad that they may be getting Smith. Hes way better than Cassel or Stanzi. Its not like theyre giving up a 1st rounded.
after their fans reaction I'm worried that the chiefs might back out of the deal, lol
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
....remind me again why we are talking 3/4 round compensation.....?

Because there are doubts about Alex Smith still. He was a FA after last year and Miami was the only team that showed much interest. The Chiefs know there isnt much competition for him and also know the Niners need to remove him from the roster. That is why we are talking about 3rd or 4th round compensation.
Originally posted by susweel:
after their fans reaction I'm worried that the chiefs might back out of the deal, lol

i thought about this also lmao
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
....remind me again why we are talking 3/4 round compensation.....?

I have never talked 3/4 round compensation. have alats stated we would likely get second round value.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by okdkid:
No seriously, what 'effing video of Geno Smith are those Chief fans watching? Holy moly. Did they watch college football this season?

I wouldn't take Geno first overall. But what's not to like about him besides his one game against Kansas state?

He's massively inaccurate and has a difficult time hitting crossing patterns. Which is why he is a 2nd round QB who will be taken in the 1st simply due to the position.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
so who will get pegged for doing this too early, us or the chiefs? isnt this tampering? lance briggs b******t with the bears we lost a pick

No one. We got busted because McCloughan started contract negotiations (via text) before any trade had been agreed upon. He was testing Briggs' expectations, and the Bears got butt hurt.