There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners fan in Seattle

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Wilson is part of the team right?

Facing better opponents means he will face better defenses. And as the leader of the offense, Wilson may have a tougher time this year.

Its pretty simple dude..

better defenses like who? Saints? Giants? Texans? Carolina? ATL? any of those defenses even close to SF or the Rams? heck our offense faces one of the best defenses in the league every day in practice.. especially the secondary.. we will be facing difficult explosive offenses for sure, but i'm not scared of any of those defenses, gonna have to come with a little better argument than this.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
My thoughts exactly. Flutie comes to mind in overcoming height.

I suspect you believe, that Wilson, despite his success, will have a tougher bout this year. Teams will try to keep him more in the pocket, where it is harder for a player his size to see down-field. When we had Troy Smith, it was so apparent he had to look around the trees and wasn't looking over.

RG III, Wilson and our own Kap will be analyzed and picked apart. Teams were more successful stopping Cam Newton last year, than in his rookie season. The problem is, conventional wisdom is you keep the running QBs in the pocket. But Kap feels pretty comfy there and that doesn't help your D much. I don't know if Wilson and even RG III will be that successful throwing most the time from the pocket, if defenses can bottle then up.

already covered in post #67
[ Edited by hawker84 on Feb 28, 2013 at 9:08 AM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
better defenses like who? Saints? Giants? Texans? Carolina? ATL? any of those defenses even close to SF or the Rams? heck our offense faces one of the best defenses in the league every day in practice.. especially the secondary.. we will be facing difficult explosive offenses for sure, but i'm not scared of any of those defenses, gonna have to come with a little better argument than this.

If you are a seahawk fan , why are you here? If i wanted to hear about how GREAT russell wilson i would go to the seahawk forum and read seattle blogs. I am a niner fan in washinton state and i dont troll the seahawk forum posting about kaepernick.

Here are some issues wilson needs to work. Throw to the open man instead of keeping the ball and running. Don't scramble so much ...completion rate downfield poor, poor job reading the biltz....holds the ball to long...weak third down conversion....and your receivers are average.

Brees still has 2 inches on him. I loathe the flutie comparison..like he was in the nfl sooo long and soo successful.
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Feb 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM ]
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,858
PM SF69ers. He travels to Seattle to watch all their home games. He's a good dude.
Originally posted by Amir:
PM SF69ers. He travels to Seattle to watch all their home games. He's a good dude.

you're seattle? fasho
Who's got two thumbs and is going to the SF/Hawks game? THIS GUY
Discuss team crap in NFL talk hawker.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Discuss team crap in NFL talk hawker.

First, title says "Niners fan in Seattle", so mentioning Niner stuff in Seattle should be cool

Second, no need for name calling, I didn't call u a "hokie". Born and bred Niner fan from SF here, just up in Seattle for school, so calm ur happy ass down hokie
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,141
Originally posted by ninerdemonsjotoplasm:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Discuss team crap in NFL talk hawker.

First, title says "Niners fan in Seattle", so mentioning Niner stuff in Seattle should be cool

Second, no need for name calling, I didn't call u a "hokie". Born and bred Niner fan from SF here, just up in Seattle for school, so calm ur happy ass down hokie

Oops signed in on wrong user name
[ Edited by Ballistic on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:19 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerdemonsjotoplasm:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Discuss team crap in NFL talk hawker.

First, title says "Niners fan in Seattle", so mentioning Niner stuff in Seattle should be cool

Second, no need for name calling, I didn't call u a "hokie". Born and bred Niner fan from SF here, just up in Seattle for school, so calm ur happy ass down hokie

Who is name calling? This was towards hawker84. Congrats on being a niner fan in SF btw.
I'm sorry
Originally posted by ninerdemonsjotoplasm:
Who's got two thumbs and is going to the SF/Hawks game? THIS GUY

in seattle or SF? plz specify!