LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Niners fan in Seattle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OK.. So how many we got here? We need to take this more seriously and Niner- mob some bar for the last Seahawks game in the stick. We can turn it into a Niner bar THAT day.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
So why haven't NFL teams used this approach for Brees who's only 6'0?

Actually, they have started working on him that way, which is why Brees throws so many interceptions. He threw 19 of them last season. The teams that are better at it cause more interceptions - he threw four in one game last season. Safeties know he's looking through lanes and they hide behind linemen. But, Brees has a lot more experience than Wilson and Brees is the exception. Also, Brees has a couple inches on Wilson.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
It's never to late to put them up for adoption.

OUCH! Unfortunately, my wife, whom I married in Cal after she got her degree from Cal, is from Seattle. So when I took the job up here, she was thrilled. My son was born in the Bay Area, but by the time he was old enough to understand, my evil Father-in-law talked him into liking the Seahawks, plus he picked them for the colors anyways. I tried, but I was actually kind of proud of the kid for holding out and sticking with "his" team. My daughter was born here and actually watches more football with me than my son. She LOVES Russell Wilson. She knows I don't do Seahawks though so on Monday AM after the game here, she crawled into my bed, hugged me and flipping said "I'm sorry the Seahawks beat you so bad daddy"

Talk about conflict, you can't get mad at a little girl but COME ON! I actually think my wife put her up to it. How's this for pain? I open the door for UPS and the package has four shirts in it, all New Nike Seahawk jerseys to the tune of 430 dollars after tax. My hard earned money has bought Seahawk gear because all the kids are wearing them at school. The wife and daughter? Wilson jerseys, my boy? Lynch and as some really bad joke she bought me a road Sherman jersey because I complain about him so much. Lol, they arrived two days before the chickens lost to Atlanta which was an ordeal of its own. I almost got toasted on that one when I was cheering every time Atlanta scored. I had to open my mouth and claim it was over. Needless to say I was "angry" when Atlanta pulled the choke job, but very relieved when that second FG went through. They didn't take it to well, but I consoled them by saying "well at least the Niners are still playing right"?
Also, don't forget that Brees has been working on throwing through lanes for quite a few seasons now. I've seen film of him practicing slants, for example with a couple of guys standing at intervals and him timing his throws so they go through the windows. I'm just saying that I expect Wilson to have a bit of a sophomore slump as he deals with this way I expect defenses to attack him.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
OUCH! Unfortunately, my wife, whom I married in Cal after she got her degree from Cal, is from Seattle. So when I took the job up here, she was thrilled. My son was born in the Bay Area, but by the time he was old enough to understand, my evil Father-in-law talked him into liking the Seahawks, plus he picked them for the colors anyways. I tried, but I was actually kind of proud of the kid for holding out and sticking with "his" team. My daughter was born here and actually watches more football with me than my son. She LOVES Russell Wilson. She knows I don't do Seahawks though so on Monday AM after the game here, she crawled into my bed, hugged me and flipping said "I'm sorry the Seahawks beat you so bad daddy"

Talk about conflict, you can't get mad at a little girl but COME ON! I actually think my wife put her up to it. How's this for pain? I open the door for UPS and the package has four shirts in it, all New Nike Seahawk jerseys to the tune of 430 dollars after tax. My hard earned money has bought Seahawk gear because all the kids are wearing them at school. The wife and daughter? Wilson jerseys, my boy? Lynch and as some really bad joke she bought me a road Sherman jersey because I complain about him so much. Lol, they arrived two days before the chickens lost to Atlanta which was an ordeal of its own. I almost got toasted on that one when I was cheering every time Atlanta scored. I had to open my mouth and claim it was over. Needless to say I was "angry" when Atlanta pulled the choke job, but very relieved when that second FG went through. They didn't take it to well, but I consoled them by saying "well at least the Niners are still playing right"?

Ah, family.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Actually, they have started working on him that way, which is why Brees throws so many interceptions. He threw 19 of them last season. The teams that are better at it cause more interceptions - he threw four in one game last season. Safeties know he's looking through lanes and they hide behind linemen. But, Brees has a lot more experience than Wilson and Brees is the exception. Also, Brees has a couple inches on Wilson.

I hope you are right, but I'm not counting on Wilson regressing. I can accept that he is a good QB and that the chickens are a good team. I honestly believe the Niners are better anyways. I have no doubt that this Wilson thing is going to be an issue to handle for the near future. Then, if the kid chokes and starts throwing picks all over, I can see it as a pleasant surprise. I just hope that Matt Flynn is off the roster before that happens. Now THAT would make me happy, because I was far more concerned with Flynn being there than Wilson. He can't do what CK or Wilson can do, but he can certainly get rid of the ball quickly with accuracy. I heard Pete the Pansy on the Clayton show a few days ago and he sounded like they might be holding on to him if they don't get a good enough offer.
Also, don't forget that Brees has been working on throwing through lanes for quite a few seasons now. I've seen film of him practicing slants, for example with a couple of guys standing at intervals and him timing his throws so they go through the windows. I'm just saying that I expect Wilson to have a bit of a sophomore slump as he deals with this way I expect defenses to attack him.

Thanks for the info.
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM ]
I hope you are right, but I'm not counting on Wilson regressing. I can accept that he is a good QB and that the chickens are a good team. I honestly believe the Niners are better anyways. I have no doubt that this Wilson thing is going to be an issue to handle for the near future. Then, if the kid chokes and starts throwing picks all over, I can see it as a pleasant surprise. I just hope that Matt Flynn is off the roster before that happens. Now THAT would make me happy, because I was far more concerned with Flynn being there than Wilson. He can't do what CK or Wilson can do, but he can certainly get rid of the ball quickly with accuracy. I heard Pete the Pansy on the Clayton show a few days ago and he sounded like they might be holding on to him if they don't get a good enough offer.

Well, you know I"m not counting on it either. It's just that I wouldn't be surprised by a sophomore slump in his case, that's all. And, I think the fact that they're probably going to hold on to Flynn tells you something, too. They probably want to see if Wilson can maintain that kind of performance in his second year after the NFL has gotten a good look at him and started seriously scheming for him. But, you're absolutely right. The Seahawks are a very good team and he's not the only thing going on there. That defense is for real and I expect the Niners to spend a lot of time working on ways to attack it this off season.
Originally posted by thenovemberrain:

Ah, family.

Ah, divorce!
Well, you know I"m not counting on it either. It's just that I wouldn't be surprised by a sophomore slump in his case, that's all. And, I think the fact that they're probably going to hold on to Flynn tells you something, too. They probably want to see if Wilson can maintain that kind of performance in his second year after the NFL has gotten a good look at him and started seriously scheming for him. But, you're absolutely right. The Seahawks are a very good team and he's not the only thing going on there. That defense is for real and I expect the Niners to spend a lot of time working on ways to attack it this off season.

that's not why they're holding on to him and they may very well not hold on to him...if they do hold onto him it's because they weren't offered enough in a trade, so why trade a good back up for less than you want., he's salary doesn't hurt that much against the cap with wilson making peanuts.. only reason to trade him is to give him a chance to start somewhere.. but seattle will do what's best for the team.. wilson's the starter, flynn will never sniff the field in seattle barring an injury or blowout...

also wilson has faced tall defensive lines all through college and 18 games in the NFL, none of those teams hindered him, none of them contained him, (Rams did the best at that).. why will this change next season? not sure where or why you're seeing a sophomore slump, but it could happen...

Originally posted by hawker84:

that's not why they're holding on to him and they may very well not hold on to him...if they do hold onto him it's because they weren't offered enough in a trade, so why trade a good back up for less than you want., he's salary doesn't hurt that much against the cap with wilson making peanuts.. only reason to trade him is to give him a chance to start somewhere.. but seattle will do what's best for the team.. wilson's the starter, flynn will never sniff the field in seattle barring an injury or blowout...

also wilson has faced tall defensive lines all through college and 18 games in the NFL, none of those teams hindered him, none of them contained him, (Rams did the best at that).. why will this change next season? not sure where or why you're seeing a sophomore slump, but it could happen...

Because next year you will play a tougher schedule then this year because you made the playoffs. That's the main reason why i think he could slump.

Thats a reason why we fell to 11 wins from 13. You have to play harder teams when you have success.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
Being a niner fan in Seattle is indeed hell, Had to deal with it for 2 years before moving away. as far as good niner bars, idk i'm too young for that, but what i can suggest is recruit as many people close to you as possible and other seattle niner fans in the area and just invade a bar and MAKE it a niner bar
Originally posted by hawker84:

I don't think the NFL saw him coming until they were into the season. This off-season, I expect the defenses in the NFC west to work on different ways to contain him in the pocket. It's not so much the height as it is developing a successful strategy to contain him in the middle where the height starts to matter. I didn't watch every game like you so I'm sure you're a better judge, but every game I did see him play, he did a lot of damage outside the pocket. There is no question that he's really good. I'm comparing him to a Hall of Famer even though I think that's a little premature. But, he's real good.
And, on the Flynn thing, it's the same as with the Niners and their two QB's. Sure, they can afford it because Wilson and Kaepernick are cheap right now. But, do they want to spend a lot on a backup QB? We'll see. It's hard for me to believe the Hawks would keep Flynn if they had 100% certainty that Wilson could maintain the quality of play he exhibited for the last half of last season. The reason Alex Smith will be playing somewhere else is that the Niners coaching staff is absolutely certain they've got a franchise QB in Colin Kaepernick. I would expect the same kind of equation in Seattle if they're sure up there.
[ Edited by GNielsen on Feb 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM ]
And, on the Flynn thing, it's the same as with the Niners and their two QB's. Sure, they can afford it because Wilson and Kaepernick are cheap right now. But, do they want to spend a lot on a backup QB? We'll see. It's hard for me to believe the Hawks would keep Flynn if they had 100% certainty that Wilson could maintain the quality of play he exhibited for the last half of last season. The reason Alex Smith will be playing somewhere else is that the Niners coaching staff is absolutely certain they've got a franchise QB in Colin Kaepernick. I would expect the same kind of equation in Seattle if they're sure up there.

The reason Alex will be on another team next year is because the money that he would make holding a clipboard would be better spent trying to retain our RFA/UFA players. And the fact that they know Alex wants to start somewhere and he has trade value. I don't know seatle's cap space but the Wilson/Flynn situation is different.
Share 49ersWebzone