There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners fan in Seattle

Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
Hahahaha, oh man trust me do you know WHAT its like being a 49ers fan IN Baltimore. Trust me this is utter hell, and time goes by very very slow on this side of the country. Ravens fans are ten times worse than Seahags fans, and I hope that team falls apart this year and overpays Succko.

Plus people in Balteemoar talk with that annoying accent. It's like a combo of Hick and Boston accent.

LOL
Move to Las Vegas. I have many Niner and SF Giants brothers out here.
Originally posted by spoiledNconfused:
Hello all--

Just moved to Seattle, and was wondering if there are any 'Niner bars' in this city? Probs a longshot, I know.

Thanks-

There are no 49er bars in Seattle. I'm a big fan (from SF, finishing at UW) and be ready. I wear my Bruce Miller jersey loud and proud and get a lot of hate. For example, TSA harassed me before the NFC Championship and I almost did not make my flight. Get used to hearing, "Seattle is going to win the Superbowl this year because Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL." I usually counter with, "5 rings vs. 0 rings."
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
My prayers go out to you and your family. Being in Seattle must be hell.

Fixed.

Actually, Seattle is pretty great. Beautiful country up here. Pretty much surrounded by mountains and water.
Originally posted by spoiledNconfused:
Hello all--

Just moved to Seattle, and was wondering if there are any 'Niner bars' in this city? Probs a longshot, I know.

Thanks-

Well hello there fellow Niner fan stuck in the NW...I also have had that problem for the past two years (grad school @ University of Washington). No real "Niner bars" per se, but many of the bars up here have NFL Sunday ticket, though if the 49er game is @ same time as Seacock game, then don't count on getting any TV in the bar to show it.

Teddy's on 65th is pretty cool with the football stuff, but I recommend just hooking up your computer to a TV and live stream off of firstrowsports.eu/

Also, don't be worried about any fan backlash, especially on game days. Most of what you'll get is the occasional stare down and "SEAHAWKS!!!" being yelled as you walk away...as much as they love their football team, they don't front crap.
Your best bet is to go to the bigger sports bars in town, where other people from out of town may congregate. There are three places to try:

World Sports Grille at South Lake Union - used to be called Jillian's
The Ram Restaurant and Brewery at the University Village or Northgate Mall
Buckley's on 2nd Ave in Bell Town - It's the bigger of the two Buckley's and downtown.

Good luck! Go Niners!
Originally posted by spoiledNconfused:
Hello all--

Just moved to Seattle, and was wondering if there are any 'Niner bars' in this city? Probs a longshot, I know.

Thanks-

I will hook up with ya somewhere, I watched a couple evening games at Hooters in Tacoma when the Niners were playing and there were a pretty good number of SF fans in the place. Also the Buffalo Wild Wings in Federal Way is a good one, but I have yet to attend or find a 100% "Niner" bar in 10 years here, mostly just get togethers. I haven't looked that hard either.it has been fun the last couple of years, because they are winning, but prior to 2011, it has been a little tough in that there are always Seahawks fans there cheering for them to lose.

At least you can go to one game a year and YES we need you there. When I first moved here I went to the Sharpie game and there were a lot of Niner fans, that number has dropped badly over the years. Seahawk fans are actually not THAT bad in person. I talk football with them everyday at work and I have not once had a conflict with them. I don't like the message board fans though, they are pretty arrogant and now they are even worse. The ones I talk to are usually respectful but use humor when they aren't.

I say that, but a couple times I have had fans honking at me and giving the thumbs down for my My Niner graphic in my back window of my truck.
Oh man... The drive home from the last game was pretty bad, mostly the walk to the truck. My kids are Seahawk fans and they were begging me to take off my Jersey. Just a lot of yelling and Harmless "SEAHAWKS" screams. It is worth it for those few times the Niners do win here though. The 2011 game went to the end so the fans all piled out at the same time. They were pretty quiet that day but you could hear the occasional NINERS! In the distance. It was great, so don't let us down, you gotta go to the games, we need ya!
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
Hahahaha, oh man trust me do you know WHAT its like being a 49ers fan IN Baltimore. Trust me this is utter hell, and time goes by very very slow on this side of the country. Ravens fans are ten times worse than Seahags fans, and I hope that team falls apart this year and overpays Succko.

All of this... I still wear my Niner stuff with pride here and they still attempt to give me and my friends a hard time about the super bowl. What was the Super Bowl? Like 3-4 weeks ago? Smh
Originally posted by JamesFVegas:
All of this... I still wear my Niner stuff with pride here and they still attempt to give me and my friends a hard time about the super bowl. What was the Super Bowl? Like 3-4 weeks ago? Smh

5 > 2. Who cares when they try and tie us then maybe they can talk ish. Other than that we have a team for the future and will be back.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The Ravens will fade big time next year. Book it. They've got a huge cap problem, they probably won't be able to retain Boldin, the gangster is gone and probably Reed as well and Flacco will probably do what lazy guys do when they get a huge contract.

Hahaha I had some ugly chunky girl last week nearly spit on my 49ers hat! Trust me they are in for a rude awakening this year bwahahaha
Greetings Lifelong Niner Fans!
This is my first post, many year lurker. I have lived my entire 53 years here in south Seattle. There were no Seehocks when I was a youngun'. My family knew the Morabitos, the old 49er owners, so I followed them as my family did. I remember sitting in`my room alone every Sunday, listening to local KVI AM...Thats right, the 9ers were our "local" team then. Lon Simmons proclaiming, as he always did the last game of the year, how the Forty Niners would win this last meaningless game and look to next season. Having the dallas cowboys (no caps form them!) ruin my Christmas in the early 70s. When our local team came to the Kingdome in 1976, I just could not make the switch. I bleed red and gold. Period.

Ah, yes, the glory days..how I gloated to my Seehock co-workers, relatives...

Then there was 2003, 04, 05...e-gad. They were going to the Super Bowl, crushing us by forty points, We the laughing stock of the NFL. I still proudly wore my Steve Young jersey everwhere, hearing the cat calls, the mocking from the Seehock fans. Hell living deep in enemy territory. Seven years ago I went on the air on our local sports radio station, KJR 950. You wanna talk about being surrounded...

I have never been prouder of my Forty NIners than today. When they were introduced at the Super Bowl, the only time I've been more emotional (18 years,man!) is when my son was born. I can not will not EVER even acknowledge the team down the street, and by the way when driving to my radio show every Saturday morning I flip off Century Dink field along I-5.

The rivalry up here, in the eyes of Seehock fans, is beyond belief annoying. The talk on our station is such homer oriented they have already won the NFC West the next five seasons. But we know better. From my oversized 49er stickers on the truck windows to my sons new CK7 jersey, belive me when I say the best @#%ing team in the NFL is about 680 miles south of my house, here in middle of out greatest enemie's territory.,

WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US......

Bill H.
I think there is a lot more disrespect for the Niners up there than there is for the Seahawks down here. Most Niner fans I know at least acknowledge that the Seahawks are a good team. Seahawks fans have NO respect for the Niners. The Niners are just going to have to take it to them and embarrass them. I can imagine a coordinated effort by the Niners to deal with Russell Wilson next season and take advantage of his height. Three of the d-linemen they've been rumored to be looking at for the draft are over 320 and at about 6'4". One of the defensive ends they're interested in is 6'8". They're going to use their OLB's to try to contain the little guy in the pocket and then crush the pocket with more size and force him to try to look through lanes. You just can't use that approach with Kaepernick. He's got 7 inches on Wilson. He'll just hit slants and quick turnarounds all day long because he can just stand up and see his receivers.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I think there is a lot more disrespect for the Niners up there than there is for the Seahawks down here. Most Niner fans I know at least acknowledge that the Seahawks are a good team. Seahawks fans have NO respect for the Niners. The Niners are just going to have to take it to them and embarrass them. I can imagine a coordinated effort by the Niners to deal with Russell Wilson next season and take advantage of his height. Three of the d-linemen they've been rumored to be looking at for the draft are over 320 and at about 6'4". One of the defensive ends they're interested in is 6'8". They're going to use their OLB's to try to contain the little guy in the pocket and then crush the pocket with more size and force him to try to look through lanes. You just can't use that approach with Kaepernick. He's got 7 inches on Wilson. He'll just hit slants and quick turnarounds all day long because he can just stand up and see his receivers.

I think it depends on the fan, there are obviously loads of Rabid Seahawk fans here, but the ones I actually talk to believe the Niners are very good. They know Kaep is good too. After the Chicago game when Kaep tore it up, at least the ones I work with were very concerned and they were actually hoping Smith would come back.

Wilson is not going to let his height hurt his game, that kid is unique, for sure. I must have watched 8 Seajack games in full, with hopes he would play badly and lose. It was hard not to admire him, but wearing Seahawk blue makes it easier for me to hope that he fails. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that fails. I would have no problem watching him in Niner Gold for sure, but Kaep gives us those same things and more. He hasn't played as many games as Wilson either, so I expect his poise to increase next year, especially after the Super Bowl. Their fans are convinced that they are going to win the division next year though. Who knows? Maybe they do, but not if SF stays healthy and hungry. I will keep my mouth shut though and let the Niners do the talking in 2013.
Originally posted by BrodieToKwalick:
Greetings Lifelong Niner Fans!
This is my first post, many year lurker. I have lived my entire 53 years here in south Seattle. There were no Seehocks when I was a youngun'. My family knew the Morabitos, the old 49er owners, so I followed them as my family did. I remember sitting in`my room alone every Sunday, listening to local KVI AM...Thats right, the 9ers were our "local" team then. Lon Simmons proclaiming, as he always did the last game of the year, how the Forty Niners would win this last meaningless game and look to next season. Having the dallas cowboys (no caps form them!) ruin my Christmas in the early 70s. When our local team came to the Kingdome in 1976, I just could not make the switch. I bleed red and gold. Period.

Ah, yes, the glory days..how I gloated to my Seehock co-workers, relatives...

Then there was 2003, 04, 05...e-gad. They were going to the Super Bowl, crushing us by forty points, We the laughing stock of the NFL. I still proudly wore my Steve Young jersey everwhere, hearing the cat calls, the mocking from the Seehock fans. Hell living deep in enemy territory. Seven years ago I went on the air on our local sports radio station, KJR 950. You wanna talk about being surrounded...

I have never been prouder of my Forty NIners than today. When they were introduced at the Super Bowl, the only time I've been more emotional (18 years,man!) is when my son was born. I can not will not EVER even acknowledge the team down the street, and by the way when driving to my radio show every Saturday morning I flip off Century Dink field along I-5.

The rivalry up here, in the eyes of Seehock fans, is beyond belief annoying. The talk on our station is such homer oriented they have already won the NFC West the next five seasons. But we know better. From my oversized 49er stickers on the truck windows to my sons new CK7 jersey, belive me when I say the best @#%ing team in the NFL is about 680 miles south of my house, here in middle of out greatest enemie's territory.,

WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US......

Bill H.

Lol! Great post! You sound like me as I have flipped off the stadium too. Yeah, those 03-05 years were really, really bad, but you know how it felt that windy day in 2006, when we walked out of that place beaming with pride. The joint was quiet and somber, I took it in with my Niner brothers on the way out. I have the large window graphic in my truck too. I get a little "feedback" for that.