There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whose the better player, Willis or Bowman?

Whose the better player, Willis or Bowman?

Willis.

6 years in the league, 6 years all-pro.

Bowman has the chance to be just as good, but hes got some catching up to do.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Willis.

Better in the grand scheme of things, sure, but right now, at this moment, Bowman is better.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Willis.

Better in the grand scheme of things, sure, but right now, at this moment, Bowman is better.

Bowman isnt necessarily "better". Hes a bit different. They play off eachothers abilities. Willis has a more explosive skillset, but Bowman is probably a little better at closing in on the ballcarrier at the perfect angle. Its splitting hairs whichever way you look at it. Theyre the 1st and 2nd best MLB in the NFL.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Willis.

Bowman isnt necessarily "better". Hes a bit different. They play off eachothers abilities. Willis has a more explosive skillset, but Bowman is probably a little better at closing in on the ballcarrier at the perfect angle. Its splitting hairs whichever way you look at it. Theyre the 1st and 2nd best MLB in the NFL.

I can agree with that.
Bowman
Willis.

Bowman is awesome, but Willis established himself as the best ILB in the league the second he stepped onto the field as a rookie. The defense wasn't loaded at the time either. Willis played next to guys like Derek Smith, Tully Banta-Cain, Mark Roman, Michael Lewis, Nate Clements, Manny Lawson, Marques Douglas. We thought most of those guys were pretty good, but compared to our current unit, they really were a bunch of scrubs.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 24, 2013 at 4:48 AM ]
It doesn't matter they are both great..and striving to be the best
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
It's like asking a mother which child she loves better

not really. What's love got to do, got to do with it?

It's more like asking which Manning is better, Peyton or Eli?

Did Tina Turner's soul take over your body there for a second??

oh and I love both. Don't have a favorite.
Bowman is a better athlete overall; which is insane when we're comparing him with Willis. They are probably the number one and two MLB's athletically in the league.

Willis still has the overall better experience and savvy.
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Not the harder hitter or faster player in the 40....better player

There's a reason Bowman posted more tackles.

Much respect to #52 but I think #53 gets disrespected not being recognized as the best LB in the league.

Just noticed this is post 53

If I'm a running back and I hit the hole and I see that if I go one direction I am going to get hit by Willis and I go the other direction I'm going to get hit by Bowman.... I'm going to Bowman...EVERYTIME.

Just saying.
There's not a good answer to this question. Right now, neither. Stats won't tell you who is better right now because both bring equally much contribution in various ways to this team.
Bowman because of Willis. Who has made Bowman one of the best? one of the best, Willis, Bowman is in his prime and has the edge in coverage as for the first time i think i saw willis out on 3rd downs occasionaly with Bowman in. Togehter they are the best in the NFL but without each other Willis would still be the stud he is and Bowman would be an above average overlooked LB in the League most likely.
Willis is better. Our team got better around him (Willis) and now our coaching staff asks him for discipline and to do his role. Thus some of the spectactular fly around play has dropped off. Not because he can't do it. Because he doesn't have to. The team is better. It's not a 1 man show anymore and we expect discipline and keep to your role on defense. Not sure why people don't get this. It's even been talked about by the staff.
Bowman is better in coverage
49ers are the winners because they have BOTH PLAYERS.