There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can Kaepernick and the wide receivers begin to connect on back shoulder throws ...

And fades this season?

It was a talking point by Harbaugh and Flacco as something they wanted to accomplish in 2012 after seeing Rodgers and co do it last year. And to their credit they did do it a bit (back shoulder)

I have not ever seen us do it, let alone try.

Not to rehash our pain, but you can crush cover 0 blitzes in the redzone with ease.

It's an interesting topic and fresh. If we are gonna remain stuck in pre-Walsh with our receiver routes and qb reads, might as well spice it up.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
And fades this season?

It was a talking point by Harbaugh and Flacco as something they wanted to accomplish in 2012 after seeing Rodgers and co do it last year. And to their credit they did do it a bit (back shoulder)

Not to rehash our pain, but you can crush cover 0 blitzes in the redzone with ease.

It's an interesting topic and fresh. If we are gonna remain stuck in pre-Walsh with our receiver routes and qb reads, might as well spice it up.

Are you serious?
umm ? confused …
back shoulder throws are all about chemistry. I'm certain Kaep will work on this. Need a big body at receiver. Hard to make back shoulder throws with smaller receivers which is what we have right now.
Originally posted by ayetee:
And fades this season?

Are you serious?

Originally posted by almondJoy:
umm ? confused …

Apparently a big portion of the league is not making those throws because it seems to be a top 10 QB type throw.....and it's supposed to the one indefensible throw in this game.....there's a video on NFL.com and youtube on how Rodgers tore it up in '11 just on that throw alone.

It was talked about during the super bowl week or maybe a little earlier that last offseason the staff in Baltimore wanted to see if Flacco and his receivers could do it this season, and we saw it burn us once or twice in the bowl.

Tell me the last time you saw a 49er QB make that throw.....we may have to go all the way back to Young & Montana!

As an aside, Romo to Bryant on 4th and goal in Baltimore this season.......
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
back shoulder throws are all about chemistry. I'm certain Kaep will work on this. Need a big body at receiver. Hard to make back shoulder throws with smaller receivers which is what we have right now.

Not sure if you need a big body receiver for that.

But I agree having one is nice for other things.
Apparently a big portion of the league is not making those throws because it seems to be a top 10 QB type throw.....and it's supposed to the one indefensible throw in this game.....there's a video on NFL.com and youtube on how Rodgers tore it up in '11 just on that throw alone.

It was talked about during the super bowl week or maybe a little earlier that last offseason the staff in Baltimore wanted to see if Flacco and his receivers could do it this season, and we saw it burn us once or twice in the bowl.

Tell me the last time you saw a 49er QB make that throw.....we may have to go all the way back to Young & Montana!

I saw Alex Smith hit Vernon Davis with a very nice one in 2011 the 1st game of the season vs. Seahawks. It was beautiful and the poor LB was helpless!! At the time I didn't know if it was Alex of just dumb luck but I was like wow!! I think it was Aaron Curry covering him also.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM ]
Yes
He throws too hard, usually just hits em in stride
Originally posted by ayetee:
And fades this season?

Are you serious?

Originally posted by almondJoy:
umm ? confused …

Thanks for the knowledge, JT!
I agree, Colin struggled w/ this throw all year...he had problems w/ the fade route/back shoulder throw whenever he attempted it at the goal line

I'm of the thought process that he will work on that and become proficient at it....but there is no doubt it was a big struggle for him this year to attempt that pass
almonjoy: "Tell me the last time you saw a 49er QB make that throw.....we may have to go all the way back to Young & Montana!"

I saw every one of their games and I don't remember either of them throwing that pass ever. I don't think it was part of a quarterback's bag of tricks back then.
what are we talking about this

if so they started running those with crabtree this year, hell we did it quite a bit in the playoffs.

and yes if you can throw this the pass is undefendable. if you run the trail, float it in. or you run the stop and go.