There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He should shadow Kaepernick's every workout? This isn't football camp it is a gym.

Jenkins said that he was going to Atlanta to work out with Kaepernick.

If Jenkins had not said that, I would agree with your points.

But, he did say he was going to be there.

But he didn't say that he was going to be there when Kaepernick got there and he seems to be getting criticized for just that.
But he didn't say that he was going to be there when Kaepernick got there and he seems to be getting criticized for just that.

I believe he actually said he was going to be there about a week after Kaep, Hall & Lockette got there.
He is going to Atlanta. So what is this thread?.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It basically turned into "AJ Jenkins is a bust" thread
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I think you could put me in the "concerned" category. But I will never write off a player after 1 year. You really need 3 - 4 years to evaluate a draft class. 2 absolute minimum and that's cutting it awfully thin. He may or may not be. But maybe he was just confused, overwhelmed, and too skinny his rookie year. Maybe he gets the system better in the 2nd and works in the offseason to build some strength. The biggest jump is usually from 1st - 2nd year. So I withold judgement. I still belive this guy CAN become a good player. Now WILL he? That's a different question. It's difficult to judge from preseason but IMO he was getting it slightly better as the preseason games went along and did flash some speed and hands at times in preseason. We all know how his regular season played out. He just may not have known enough to be put out there. Some guys are not confident the 1st year while they are learing. Apparently this guy was like that at Illinois too. A slow starter who took time to develop.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
I think you could put me in the "concerned" category. But I will never write off a player after 1 year. You really need 3 - 4 years to evaluate a draft class. 2 absolute minimum and that's cutting it awfully thin. He may or may not be. But maybe he was just confused, overwhelmed, and too skinny his rookie year. Maybe he gets the system better in the 2nd and works in the offseason to build some strength. The biggest jump is usually from 1st - 2nd year. So I withold judgement. I still belive this guy CAN become a good player. Now WILL he? That's a different question. It's difficult to judge from preseason but IMO he was getting it slightly better as the preseason games went along and did flash some speed and hands at times in preseason. We all know how his regular season played out. He just may not have known enough to be put out there. Some guys are not confident the 1st year while they are learing. Apparently this guy was like that at Illinois too. A slow starter who took time to develop.

Bravo! I agree with everything you say. People are somewhat overreacting about the situation. Just because someone is a 1st round pick, doesn't mean they will make a instant impact. Every player is different, don't expect someone to just burst right out of the gates like Aldon. AJ looks like the guy you need to be patient with to see results. As of right now, he needs to build up some muscle and build chemistry with CK. Saying AJ is a bust right away is a bit irrational right now and I will fairly judge him once he hits his 3rd year.

Bravo! I agree with everything you say. People are somewhat overreacting about the situation. Just because someone is a 1st round pick, doesn't mean they will make a instant impact. Every player is different, don't expect someone to just burst right out of the gates like Aldon. AJ looks like the guy you need to be patient with to see results. As of right now, he needs to build up some muscle and build chemistry with CK. Saying AJ is a bust right away is a bit irrational right now and I will fairly judge him once he hits his 3rd year.

It's way too early. I saw a few flashes in preseason. He showed some speed and hands at time. Just get the system, get more consistent and get stronger. He is real thin like they say. I think he could put on 10 pounds of muscle without losing much if any speed. And I think he should do that.
  • buck
  • Veteran
He should shadow Kaepernick's every workout? This isn't football camp it is a gym.

Jenkins said that he was going to Atlanta to work out with Kaepernick.

If Jenkins had not said that, I would agree with your points.

But, he did say he was going to be there.

As far as I know, you are right.

He never said that he would be when Kaepernick got there, but then I have never claimed he said that.

The article that I linked was published on Feb 11. That was elven days ago.

In my estimation, he has an obligation to get there. When, or if, he gets there, I will satisfied.

Calling Jenkins a bust is not appropriate; being concerned about his lack of production is entirely appropriate.
As far as I know, you are right.

He never said that he would be when Kaepernick got there, but then I have never claimed he said that.

The article that I linked was published on Feb 11. That was elven days ago.

In my estimation, he has an obligation to get there. When, or if, he gets there, I will satisfied.

Calling Jenkins a bust is not appropriate; being concerned about his lack of production is entirely appropriate.

I approve of this message.....
  • buck
  • Veteran

He said he is going to Atlanta. He said that around seven days ago.

He also said that he was going to run the hills with Jerry Rice. He never did that.

So when he shows up in Atlanta, this thread should die.

Calling him a bust borders on the ludicrious. I think we agree on that.
The first 25% of his contract has been a bust. At this pace he will be game ready by the time he becomes a free agent.
He said he is going to Atlanta. He said that around seven days ago.

He also said that he was going to run the hills with Jerry Rice. He never did that.

So when he shows up in Atlanta, this thread should die.

Calling him a bust borders on the ludicrious. I think we agree on that.

Then we should know by sunday evening whether this is happening or not, because its been announced thats when hes supposed to arrive in Atlanta.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Then we should know by sunday evening whether this is happening or not, because its been announced thats when hes supposed to arrive in Atlanta.

That is progress, and at least for me, a positive sign.

Do you have a link to that announcement?

edit. I found an article. Jenkins's agent said he will arrive in Atlanta on Sunday and that Jenkins will be there as long as Kaepernick wants to work out.

This thread is terminal. RIP.

4014752/a-j-jenkins-atlanta-colin-kaepernick-49ers-training
[ Edited by buck on Feb 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM ]
It'll be nice to know this weekend just how dedicated out 2nd year WR really is.