There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
first round pick for a number 3 receiver is fail

uhm,., was kind of thinking the same thing. you do not draft a wide out at number one just so you hope he can be a number 3 on the team. that is not logical

I been watching ball a long time and you can usually tell who can play and who cant play pretty quickly.

Yep, TY Hilton has it, the majority of the WRs in that class, not so much.

Im not saying he's bust yet but I find it hard to believe him being much more than a role player.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
AJ Jenkins wasn't my favorite receiver in the 2012 Draft, but I think he'll end up being a solid #3.

Keep in mind that rookie WRs are rarely major contributors.

Justin Blackmon led all rookies in receptions and he was tied for 34th in the league, despite being the main option on his team and a top-5 pick.

Some of WZ's favorite prospects from last year who were drafted after Jenkins and how they did...

Stephen Hill, 21 rec for 252 yds and 3 TDs
Rueben Randle, 19 rec for 298 yds and 3 TDs
Brian Quick, 11 rec for 156 yds and 2 TDs
Tommy Streeter, inactive all year for Baltimore
Marvin Jones, 18 rec for 201 yds and 1 TD
Marvin McNutt, played in 4 games, 0 catches
T.Y. Hilton, 50 rec for 861 yds and 7 TDs
Greg Childs, inactive all year for Minnesota
Nick Toon, inactive all year for New Orleans

Nevermind that we returned 20 starters last year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Im not saying he's bust yet but I find it hard to believe him being much more than a role player.

and that is not acceptable for any first round draft pick. just as it is not acceptable for alex smith to accept being a back up here
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

uhm,., was kind of thinking the same thing. you do not draft a wide out at number one just so you hope he can be a number 3 on the team. that is not logical

I been watching ball a long time and you can usually tell who can play and who cant play pretty quickly.

Yep, TY Hilton has it, the majority of the WRs in that class, not so much.

Completely agree, I think his ceiling right now is a #2, with a more likely spot as a slot guy. Any chance he could be on PR?

and that is not acceptable for any first round draft pick. just as it is not acceptable for alex smith to accept being a back up here

I agree. 1st round picks should be impact players.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Nevermind that we returned 20 starters last year.
when two guys went down, he had his chance, the result was a drop, no catches and chad hall/ted ginn getting to see the field ahead of him. i think that is a titch problematic
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i hated the james pick cuz i thought we should have went linebacker or defensive end but he made the most of his chance when he got time. jenkins on the other hand was the deer in the headlights

i hated the james pick cuz i thought we should have went linebacker or defensive end but he made the most of his chance when he got time. jenkins on the other hand was the deer in the headlights

When Jenkins was drafted everyone was "who the f**k is that" but last year Baalke had some clout because he reached for Aldon and that turned to be a great pick. Personally I think Baalke out smarted himself on Jenkins because I remember them saying he called the pick the night before. Hopefully the kid develops into something because last year had he not been a top pick I dont think he would have made the roster.

When Jenkins was drafted everyone was "who the f**k is that" but last year Baalke had some clout because he reached for Aldon and that turned to be a great pick. Personally I think Baalke out smarted himself on Jenkins because I remember them saying he called the pick the night before. Hopefully the kid develops into something because last year had he not been a top pick I dont think he would have made the roster.

aldon was no reach, regularly mocked at about 11 to houston and on the day of the draft sneaking into the top 5 to arizona on some mock drafts. to me a reach is smoething like dhb going 7 to the raiders when being mocked in the 20's through the whole process.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i guess it was to much to ask for two years in a row

A slot receiver can have a bigger impact than any other player on offense.

i guess it was to much to ask for two years in a row

With Harbaugh it's tough, he held on to his stable of RBs until he had no choice to let LMJ play. which was a bust according to NT because he wasn't playing.

if AJJ doesn't play this year..then that will show more bust then anything
Will Jenkins become the new alex smith for Niner talk?
you guys are ridiculous. dude was a rookie, how many receivers have come in and tore it up their rookie year? a few, but not many. atleast give the guy another year before condemning him. i bet your all happy we didnt cut lamichael james because he wasnt playing.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
you guys are ridiculous. dude was a rookie, how many receivers have come in and tore it up their rookie year? a few, but not many. atleast give the guy another year before condemning him. i bet your all happy we didnt cut lamichael james because he wasnt playing.

I know what your saying... but LMJ is a terrible example.
STACKED at the RB, position. We suffer a couple injuries. LMJ gets a chance, he delivers.
Same thing happens with WRs, and... really, nothing.

Jenkins is a bust until he proves different. As it always is.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home