LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good, short read on Glenn

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Dorsey-Could-Have-Key-Versatile-Role-for-49ers-in-2015-308181411.html
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Its going to be interesting, will he have a deep rotation or a small one like Fangio? Im not sure to be honest, while all things point to having a 5-6 man rotation it all remains to be seen.

QFT!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would rather have Dorsey at NT than DE. I heard he struggled at DE when KC switched to a 3-4 can anyone confirm this??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I would rather have Dorsey at NT than DE. I heard he struggled at DE when KC switched to a 3-4 can anyone confirm this??

First, I'm a BIG Dorsey fan and was estatic when we got him.

He under-performed in KC.

He sure did improve when he moved to NT.

The coaches are cross training both sides of the ball.

Has Ian ever played DE??

He was still a good run defender as a de, but he was drafted so high that the expectation is to be a great all around dlinemen.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Has Ian ever played DE??

No Ian hasnt, I think he would be a better DE then NT because of his size and quickness, but thats just me,
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

He was still a good run defender as a de, but he was drafted so high that the expectation is to be a great all around dlinemen.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Has Ian ever played DE??

No Ian hasnt, I think he would be a better DE then NT because of his size and quickness, but thats just me,

Thanks!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I believe Dorsey just got engaged or married the other day....

I think as long as Dorsey doesn't have to rush the passer he will be just fine. In KC I think he was expected to create havoc in the backfield, which he didn't. Here in SF, we have stout LBs who will do that.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think as long as Dorsey doesn't have to rush the passer he will be just fine. In KC I think he was expected to create havoc in the backfield, which he didn't. Here in SF, we have stout LBs who will do that.

Agree.

When he was in college he was pretty much unstoppable. He also had major press build up.

When he wasn't a sack artist many fans in KC thought he was a bust.

I think we'll see in at NT in some rotations and agree w/Darko that he'll do what Ray Mac did but, IMO, much better.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I predict that if he stays healthy, that he will be our best DL and win this year's Bill Walsh's Award.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I predict that if he stays healthy, that he will be our best DL and win this year's Bill Walsh's Award.

With his 13 sacks?
  • thl408
I think a big measure of success for Dorsey-Ian-Dial (probable front 3) is how many tackle for losses Bowman will have. Bowman loves to knife through holes to blow up run plays, and he can only do that when he's kept clean of blockers. General yards per carry will be the biggest measure of success as a group. Dorsey should be getting replaced with Tank/Dockett on passing downs.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
yeah, hoping that would be the very least..

What was Stubblefield sack total when he won the league's DPOY??

Anyone knows by heart??
Originally posted by thl408:
I think a big measure of success for Dorsey-Ian-Dial (probable front 3) is how many tackle for losses Bowman will have. Bowman loves to knife through holes to blow up run plays, and he can only do that when he's kept clean of blockers. General yards per carry will be the biggest measure of success as a group. Dorsey should be getting replaced with Tank/Dockett on passing downs.

Great point...it will also speak volumes to how well Wilhoite is keeping him clean as well.

Does anyone have the TFL team leaders over the past several years? You'd probably see Bowman, Brooks, Aldon, Willis, Justin, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone