There are 198 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
I just read some Chiefs forum and they talked about him being a DE. Then there's this:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4661/glenn-dorsey
Prior to joining the 49ers, Dorsey was the Chiefs' starting right end in their 3-4 scheme.

Maybe he lined up at NT on a few downs, and that's what you saw, but I'm going to go with what Chief fans are saying as well as the site linked above. Lots of Chief fans were upset that he didn't produce more in terms of QB pressures. They say that if he was able to do so, he would have been lined up at nickel DT in their sub packages, but he was not.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
hmmmm... I just remember how he was a NT with his buddy Jackson at the DE and Tamba Hali as the UP-edge rusher.. but like you said, prolly I saw him "LINE UP" as a NT on certain downs..

anyhow, he needs to be a DT because that's what he was under Saban and the Tigers!!!

ALL PRO 2015!!!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't like Dorsey on the edge, I heard he struggled there in KC when they switched to a 3-4.

I thought he only played NT at KC?

Could be wrong

Nah he was a DE in KC
I wonder if we could do something like this

************Docket*Ian*Dorsey*Tank
*******Lynch****Bow*****Aldon***********

Brock***************************Johnson

***********Betha************Reid
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Dorsey is needed at NT. Ian Williams cannot be counted on and Dial is too tall to be a stout NT and Dial is better suited for 3/4 DE. To me the starters gotta be Dockett at DE and Dorsey NT and TJE and on passing downs Tank would be a DE/DT.

49ers need to go out and sign a vet 3/4 type DE that can tie up run blockers post June 1st or sign someone thAT GETS CUT.

I think both Williams and Dorsey are needed at NT, Dorsey actually play NT much better than DE in KC, but he is versatile enough to play both. Williams is a strait NT and played it at a high level when healthy. BOTH are injury-prone though.

I agree Dial is best suited as a 3/4 DE.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Where's Brooks?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yeah the Rams have the best DL in the division IMO, Long, Brockers, I think they added Fairley, they are deep, and talented, where we are deep, but have question marks, will Tank finally develop, can Ian stay healthy, can Dockett be 100% by season, etc...

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Well let's look at it. With the loss of Justin Smith.

LE Darnell Dockett, NT. Ian Williams(He beat out Dorsey for the job anyways, just hope he can stay healthy) RE Glenn Dorsey

as long as Dockett can can produce we'll be fine. But let's look at Depth. Personally i think Carradine will take over at some point, Dial is a solid NT back up, and like the previous guy said, it would be TJE that Armstead would have to beat out and i think we could definitely see that happening even this season.

Our DLine probably don't have the big names anymore, but it's solid squad.

Let's surprise the division with the best DL, even though that Rams DL looks scary.

Yeah the Rams have the best DL in the division IMO, Long, Brockers, I think they added Fairley, they are deep, and talented, where we are deep, but have question marks, will Tank finally develop, can Ian stay healthy, can Dockett be 100% by season, etc...

Yea, they added Fairley, and that makes things that much more worse for us.

You're right, those are the big questions. but luckily if none of our starters work, then we got the back ups who can take over.

It'll be fun to watch.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Where's Brooks?

I like Lynch and Aldon for our 2 OLB. Also I want four guys on the dline.
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on May 20, 2015 at 11:54 AM ]
  • thl408

Where's Brooks?

So you want to go to a 4-3 with Aldon and Lynch dropping back into coverage? That's not using them to their strengths.
Originally posted by thl408:

Where's Brooks?

So you want to go to a 4-3 with Aldon and Lynch dropping back into coverage? That's not using them to their strengths.

It would be a package to rush the QB.

Where's Brooks?

I doubt we switch to a 4-3, our personnel indicates a 3-4. Not to say we cant play a 4-3.
Barring any injury this man should be DOMINANT!!!

Him and Ian Williams should have a very productive season.

I'm hoping to see that bobblehead sack celebration once again Glenn!

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Dorsey is needed at NT. Ian Williams cannot be counted on and Dial is too tall to be a stout NT and Dial is better suited for 3/4 DE. To me the starters gotta be Dockett at DE and Dorsey NT and TJE and on passing downs Tank would be a DE/DT.

49ers need to go out and sign a vet 3/4 type DE that can tie up run blockers post June 1st or sign someone thAT GETS CUT.

I think both Williams and Dorsey are needed at NT, Dorsey actually play NT much better than DE in KC, but he is versatile enough to play both. Williams is a strait NT and played it at a high level when healthy. BOTH are injury-prone though.

I agree Dial is best suited as a 3/4 DE.

Agree. Williams is a good player, and can handle starting at NT, no problem.

Dorsey won't be as disruptive in the passing game as Cowboy, but he'll be good in run defense. Carradine replaces him in passing situations.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Actually, if we go 4-3, then Aldon will have to play his DE (down position) like at Mizzou.. .he no longer be an OLB...

OLB in my vocabulary really is only for 3-4 D..

While DE (again, in my vocabulary) is only for the 4-3 D..

so, if we go under 4-3 full time, then this is how the line up will be.

Facing the Offense:

RE - Aldon Smith

DT - Darnell Dockett

DT - Glenn Dorsey

DE - Lynch/Tank

the LBs will have to be WLB - Brooks; MLB - Bowman; SLB - Moody
Originally posted by 9moon:
Actually, if we go 4-3, then Aldon will have to play his DE (down position) like at Mizzou.. .he no longer be an OLB...

OLB in my vocabulary really is only for 3-4 D..

While DE (again, in my vocabulary) is only for the 4-3 D..

so, if we go under 4-3 full time, then this is how the line up will be.

Facing the Offense:

RE - Aldon Smith

DT - Darnell Dockett

DT - Glenn Dorsey

DE - Lynch/Tank

the LBs will have to be WLB - Brooks; MLB - Bowman; SLB - Moody

I think we would be fine on the defensive line, I just dont think we have the linebackers for the 4-3 anymore. I dont trust moody as a starter yet, Brooks hasnt played in a 4-3 in years and has lost some speed which is important in a 4-3. Wilhoite and bow wouldn't be bad in a 4-3, but still. We would be better suited in a 3-4 in my opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone