LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by matt49er:
I def have faith in him, just feel like he's more of a 3-4 DE than a NT, he got pushed around a bit last game, hope we see him improve big time tomorrow!

Aren't all of our NTs more DE-like than most teams? LOL! I've been hoping for a "real" NT for years but can't complain about the production from the guys being used! I just imagine a true bull punching through the middle of the line, with Justin and Aldon collapsing one side and McD and Brooks on the other...OK...wake up! Dreams over.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I def have faith in him, just feel like he's more of a 3-4 DE than a NT, he got pushed around a bit last game, hope we see him improve big time tomorrow!

Aren't all of our NTs more DE-like than most teams? LOL! I've been hoping for a "real" NT for years but can't complain about the production from the guys being used! I just imagine a true bull punching through the middle of the line, with Justin and Aldon collapsing one side and McD and Brooks on the other...OK...wake up! Dreams over.

Ian Williams is a real NT, one of the best in football but gets no credit from most.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Dial gonna step it up this game. book it.

I hope you're right Chaz, I love Dial but he wasn't that good at NT against NO, the Saints run game started gashing us up the gut after Williams went out.

I havent re-watched a whole lot of d-line play vs the Saints but according to Fangio those 9, 10 or 11 yard runs were "more inside linebacker play issues than the nose tackle issue."
Ian Williams is a real NT, one of the best in football but gets no credit from most.

305 pounds is not a behemoth. Poe, for example, is 6'3" 346. How often do you see Williams collapse opposing teams pockets? Never? I like the guy for what he is but wouldn't put him among the true NTs in the league.
Kilgore handled Poe.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Kilgore handled Poe.

And a good job he did!
Jim Tomsula has his idea of what a NT is and I would say weve done fine with what we have
^^^true
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Jim Tomsula has his idea of what a NT is and I would say weve done fine with what we have

Not sure he would turn down Poe, Donald or Raji (if healthy) though.
So is this guy 100 percent or what?

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So is this guy 100 percent or what?

Ian was listed as out on Friday, no mention of Dorsey.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
@MaioccoCSN

NT Glenn Dorsey was not activated. Giants use 3+ WRs 74.8% of time (via @PFF_Jeff), so #49ers will be in nickel most of the time, anyway.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Dial gonna step it up this game. book it.

I hope you're right Chaz, I love Dial but he wasn't that good at NT against NO, the Saints run game started gashing us up the gut after Williams went out.

I havent re-watched a whole lot of d-line play vs the Saints but according to Fangio those 9, 10 or 11 yard runs were "more inside linebacker play issues than the nose tackle issue."

Very interesting. I won't argue w/Fangio, TY for pointing this out, helps me in another discussion I'm having with the nut jobs that think Borland should replace Willis. I do stand by the fact that I saw Dial on his back and getting pushed around a lot more than you see that out of either Williams or Dorsey.
@MaioccoCSN

NT Glenn Dorsey was not activated. Giants use 3+ WRs 74.8% of time (via @PFF_Jeff), so #49ers will be in nickel most of the time, anyway.

Question for all.....Can Dorsey be activated tomorrow? Seems like these moves are always made on either Friday or Saturday before a game but I'm wondering if a team is allowed to make a roster move on game day? I doubt it but it'd be interesting if it's actually allowed or not.
@MaioccoCSN

thanks...just as soon he be totally healthy so another week can't hurt. We will need him in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone