LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Big. RT @MaioccoCSN: Jim Harbaugh said "a very good chance" NT Glenn Dorsey (biceps surgery) will return late this season after 3 1/2 months

Hopefully we get a nice Christmas present with Dorsey back in contention for the playoffs at that time.

Great, great news!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Great, great news!

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Big. RT @MaioccoCSN: Jim Harbaugh said "a very good chance" NT Glenn Dorsey (biceps surgery) will return late this season after 3 1/2 months

f**k yes.
Great, great news!

Is it really? Hate to see him come back premature. I get antsy when I read about these accelerated timetables. But of course if he can do it, then obviously we are in desperate need.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Great, great news!

Is it really? Hate to see him come back premature. I get antsy when I read about these accelerated timetables. But of course if he can do it, then obviously we are in desperate need.

Agreed! Sounds like it was a "clean" tear and a successful surgery and not too serious barring any complications with rehab. That said, hopefully Williams plays terrific and there is no NEED to rush him back but at least it's not an ankle/knee/leg injury...he can stay in terrific shape and just heal that arm properly!
Everything i've read about bicep tears are that if it is clean, it is a 3-4 month recovery and it is fine, and that's what they said was the case with Dorsey. This is huge. Get him back for the stretch run, Williams will be getting stronger and stronger each week and Bowman will be back and ready to go as well.
Fingers crossed
Looks like if everything goes according to plan, we get all the hurt players healthy come playoff time. This is huge!
Getting him back w/Bowman for the playoff run would be a major break for us.
Agreed! Sounds like it was a "clean" tear and a successful surgery and not too serious barring any complications with rehab. That said, hopefully Williams plays terrific and there is no NEED to rush him back but at least it's not an ankle/knee/leg injury...he can stay in terrific shape and just heal that arm properly!

Amen to that.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

f**k yes.
Double 'amen' and throw in a 'may the force be with you!'
Could be huge if he can make it back for the playoffs as he is quite the run stuffer and we can use all the help we can get against Seattles run game
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I sometimes wonder how much he would've played if Ian Williams never got hurt on that dirty block.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
If both Ian and Dial and can be solid or hold the position , it would be awesome and a perfect time for Dorsey to come back from the injury... He'll be very fresh for the deep part of the season well thru the post season..

:)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
If both Ian and Dial and can be solid or hold the position , it would be awesome and a perfect time for Dorsey to come back from the injury... He'll be very fresh for the deep part of the season well thru the post season..

:)
they all suck,, everyone on our team sucks,, i am sorry, i lost control .. it must be the voices
Share 49ersWebzone