LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Ian Williams would be the WZ's darling right now if he didn't get hurt.

The WZ???

I think anyone who played NT last year would look pretty good with all the talent in the front 7, but I watched both of 'em play; and I'd take Dorsey over Williams any day of the week. Especially after Dorsey got the hang of things at NT. They were originally planning to play him as the swing DE.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Dorsey's probably the most underrated player on the roster IMO.

And I definitely think he's better than Ian Williams.

Doubt it
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
2nd yr under the system, he'll be better... KC fans will be even more pissed (why he didn't play with Chiefs like he does now with 49ers)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

The WZ???

I think anyone who played NT last year would look pretty good with all the talent in the front 7, but I watched both of 'em play; and I'd take Dorsey over Williams any day of the week. Especially after Dorsey got the hang of things at NT. They were originally planning to play him as the swing DE.

And I think he's perfect for that position. But he adjusted well. He's on a two year deal. If we win the superbowl this year, keeping him will be a challenge.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I have a feeling Dorsey and Dial will be the men in the middle this year, Ian Williams wont be 100% for awhile, imo. 4 surgeries is a lot for an ankle to take in a year.

That's my worry too. I hate Seadderall.
I was overjoyed when we got him and he didn't disappoint.

He should be even better this year and the rotation on the DLine is a MAJOR plus.

Way too early to tell if resigning him will be difficult.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

He should be even better this year and the rotation on the DLine is a MAJOR plus.

True, we brought in him and Baldwin pretty late IIRC. I wonder if we should expect at least one more of these "under-the-radar" moves? Is Cook that player this year?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he is one of the best players on our defense no one talks about
Originally posted by cciowa:

To me thats why williams is expendable
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

agreed ..Dial, Tank and TJE are my picks to be the top backups

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

True, we brought in him and Baldwin pretty late IIRC. I wonder if we should expect at least one more of these "under-the-radar" moves? Is Cook that player this year?

Baalke is one intense dude. You know he's out there like a great white shark looking for some diamonds in the rough.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

If Williams needs another year on the PUP list, that's ok- he is young and I don't want him to rush his rehab the way Michael Carter did and he had to retire. The problem with the ankle is not the bones but the ligaments, soft tissue and nerves that go through the ankle. They are delicate and he needs to take as much time as possible to heal up. He's a talent and I don't want seadderall having the last laugh. That will also free up a space and I hope Okoye can fill it.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I am so impressed with TJE. He will be a force this year. Tank and dial, I really haven't seen play so while I'm looking forward to finally seeing them, right now i have no clue as to what they are capable of.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I am so impressed with TJE. He will be a force this year. Tank and dial, I really haven't seen play so while I'm looking forward to finally seeing them, right now i have no clue as to what they are capable of.

TJE showed a lot of promise, he should be more confident and effective this season, Dial should be in better condition, he could get some snaps at NT and DE, plus Dial, Dorsey and TJE have the versatility to play NT, giving Fangio a lot of options ....and I cant wait to see Tank in action, IMO he is just like having an extra first round player coming in its reported Tank is up 295-300 LBS , if this is true, I could see him also getting some time at NT in passing situations
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

TJE showed a lot of promise, he should be more confident and effective this season, Dial should be in better condition, he could get some snaps at NT and DE, plus Dial, Dorsey and TJE have the versatility to play NT, giving Fangio a lot of options ....and I cant wait to see Tank in action, IMO he is just like having an extra first round player coming in its reported Tank is up 295-300 LBS , if this is true, I could see him also getting some time at NT in passing situations
i will leave the names up to you guys, all i want to see are guys who can give us better depth than we had last year. Now last year was very very good but i just want it to be better so we can give justin some breaks and not skip a beat while preparing for life without him
Share 49ersWebzone