There are 211 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He hasn't even peaked yet. I hope he lights it up in the playoffs.

Now that we have a rotation, Ian can switch up w/Glenn and stay fresh for long haul.

exactly he's getting better.

our defense just needs to play straight up.

let the hogs do their work let the lb's clean it up and let the db's play man to man
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by crabman82:
you see it time and time again when a former top 5 pick who fails goes to another team with strong structure and shows he is worth playing in the league. maybe never reach the dominant status some predicted but thats not what the 49ers acquired him for.

See I wonder if he could reach his past dominance. Im not just talking off the cuff because realistically he's not a man amongst boys the way he was in college. Physically he's explosive in his upper body and his lower body is stout. He plays with great balance. From a technique standpoint he has great hands and he plays with great leverage. He also has 3 pass rush moves which is good for man his size. So Dorsey has all this ability and he comes here. Best dline coach in the league. Great teammates. Great environment. Hes getting.eased into system that doesn't pressure him to rush. This team has rehabilitated tons of 1st rounders who not Dorsey? Could you imagine finally having a NT that can.create pressure? Dorsey has 2 sacks and 29 tackles which is great for hos position. This is only his 1st year too. Hes far from a finished product. We all know it's the 3rd-4th year that we see new players function fully in this defense.Hes only signed for 2 years tho. I was thinking about it and with Williams extension and drafting Dial, dorsey is going to have to be a bargain. I hope he makes the smart.move and stick with us for around 3mil.

I think he was more like Smith. Smith was always good with the Bengals. But when he got to SF he became great. Dorsey has that potential.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
you see it time and time again when a former top 5 pick who fails goes to another team with strong structure and shows he is worth playing in the league. maybe never reach the dominant status some predicted but thats not what the 49ers acquired him for.

See I wonder if he could reach his past dominance. Im not just talking off the cuff because realistically he's not a man amongst boys the way he was in college. Physically he's explosive in his upper body and his lower body is stout. He plays with great balance. From a technique standpoint he has great hands and he plays with great leverage. He also has 3 pass rush moves which is good for man his size. So Dorsey has all this ability and he comes here. Best dline coach in the league. Great teammates. Great environment. Hes getting.eased into system that doesn't pressure him to rush. This team has rehabilitated tons of 1st rounders who not Dorsey? Could you imagine finally having a NT that can.create pressure? Dorsey has 2 sacks and 29 tackles which is great for hos position. This is only his 1st year too. Hes far from a finished product. We all know it's the 3rd-4th year that we see new players function fully in this defense.Hes only signed for 2 years tho. I was thinking about it and with Williams extension and drafting Dial, dorsey is going to have to be a bargain. I hope he makes the smart.move and stick with us for around 3mil.

I think he was more like Smith. Smith was always good with the Bengals. But when he got to SF he became great. Dorsey has that potential.

He's been great this season and I think will get even better next season. This is his first year in the scheme, new team etc after being in a poor environment where he was hindered and criticised for not living up to his expected form given his draft status.

Next year he will have regained his confidence and Jimmy T will have him in full on beast mode. He could be scary good.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

He's been great this season and I think will get even better next season. This is his first year in the scheme, new team etc after being in a poor environment where he was hindered and criticised for not living up to his expected form given his draft status.

Next year he will have regained his confidence and Jimmy T will have him in full on beast mode. He could be scary good.

Yep and replace Smith when the time comes. I wish we signed him for three years though. He will want mucho money!
Is he okay?
I think he is good player
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Is he okay?

I think so. He came back in the game iirc
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

Originally posted by DeUh:

Very underrated. He had a terrific year for us. Love that you highlight the non-profiled players. Thank you.
Dorsey's probably the most underrated player on the roster IMO.

And I definitely think he's better than Ian Williams.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jul 10, 2014 at 3:12 PM ]

love me some Kenny D.....even with his noodle arm....
[ Edited by CWin4949 on Jul 10, 2014 at 3:15 PM ]
Originally posted by CWin4949:
love me some Kenny D.....even with his noodle arm....

Nice guy (apparently), but maybe the worst QB I've ever seen play in a regular-season NFL game.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jul 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM ]
I have a feeling Dorsey and Dial will be the men in the middle this year, Ian Williams wont be 100% for awhile, imo. 4 surgeries is a lot for an ankle to take in a year.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I have a feeling Dorsey and Dial will be the men in the middle this year, Ian Williams wont be 100% for awhile, imo. 4 surgeries is a lot for an ankle to take in a year.

Niners honestly should try to trade Williams IMO. The DL is too crowded with competition, and Williams makes too much money to be a backup; but he has the potential to be able to start on a lot of defenses.

Niners should give Dorsey (and Culliver IMO) extensions ASAP IMO.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Dorsey's probably the most underrated player on the roster IMO.

And I definitely think he's better than Ian Williams.

Ian Williams would be the WZ's darling right now if he didn't get hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone