LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
22 tackles on the season, 2 sacks coming into tonight. Has 4 total tackles tonight. Doing a good job IMO.
I think the only reason Ian Williams "beat him out", was financial and the expectation. Baalke signed him to starters $$$ and commissioned him with greatness, job was his to lose. On the other hand, Dorsey was viewed as a journeyman rotational replacement for RJF, they "commissioned' him as the backup. We will see next year in camp when they start off even who wins out,,,(I say it's Dorsey)
Dorsey is beasting out!! Great signing!!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I think the only reason Ian Williams "beat him out", was financial and the expectation. Baalke signed him to starters $$$ and commissioned him with greatness, job was his to lose. On the other hand, Dorsey was viewed as a journeyman rotational replacement for RJF, they "commissioned' him as the backup. We will see next year in camp when they start off even who wins out,,,(I say it's Dorsey)

best thing about it is that we had a starter as a backup. he's healthy and killing it now.
williams when healthy was killing it too.

but dorsey is everything i thought he would be

No, Ian was just better. But I'm glad Glenn is doing a great job.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

best thing about it is that we had a starter as a backup. he's healthy and killing it now.
williams when healthy was killing it too.

but dorsey is everything i thought he would be

Yeah, I think this rules out us drafting a NT the next few years (Dial and jerod-Eddie can play it too), so this was a great signing all around. I thought he'd be great too, esp. outta college, and when I saw how he wasn't used right in KC, I knew NT is where he excelled in College, so in pro's it was a natural fit.
Originally posted by niners94:

IDTS, Dorsey has made more plays and has a better impact than Williams. Williams was kinda quiet the 2-3 games he was in, and didn't show a lot in pre-season. But, to each his own, Im just glad we have them both.
Yeah, I think this rules out us drafting a NT the next few years (Dial and jerod-Eddie can play it too), so this was a great signing all around. I thought he'd be great too, esp. outta college, and when I saw how he wasn't used right in KC, I knew NT is where he excelled in College, so in pro's it was a natural fit.

system makes a difference they find fits for our defensive system because it's set in stone what we need. easier to draft for it because its consistent.

offensive side we are too hybrid that's why i think we have had so many misses.

when you think about eric wright who played damn good. brock, reid is out there they didn't get deep on him again. and he made a hell of a tackle to make that pass incomplete.

then you look at the line with jerod eddie and dorsey.. with macdonald out.. making plays.

they have to keep getting rotated in once others get healthy too
Dorsey is getting better week after week ....I think it's safe to say we got a Steal !!!!!!
He is really playing VERY solid football.

We made out big time getting him.

Yeah glad we have him and Skuta for one more year at least. Both were steals and you can ask Bengals fans they though Skuta nothing more than ST guy said he was horrible at ILB. Well moved him to OLB, doesn't need to cover as much space. He's done a good job setting the edge and creating pressure at times too. I think Dorsey is a better NT than Williams but could have used him still obviously. Williams would probably be starting at DE when McDonald is out and getting plenty of time as a backup too. Yeah 2 years 6 million for Dorsey I think we upgraded a bunch over Sopoaga and didn't have to pay 3 years 12 million. So upgraded and got cheaper so that's a win. I think most of us could see Sopoaga was regressing majorly in 2012 after a great year at NT in 2011. He will probably call it quits soon.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM ]
Good call on Skuta -Gore21!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He is really playing VERY solid football.

We made out big time getting him.

no doubt i hope we extend him, he has been stout playing the nose
Originally posted by niners94:

This was a starter spot I paid close attention during preseason games. I found Williams UDFA status just as intriguing as Dorseys top 5. Despite what TC reports said when preseason games started Williams was not the go ahead favorite. In fact Dorsey and Williams both had their limitations. Williams was in great shape, and was very stout in the middle, but his movement, pass rushing moves, and quickness were average. Dorsey was out of shape and he appeared very slow to react to new developments. Dorsey showed glimpses of an incredibly powerful base, explosive hands, great technique, and just all around good fundamentals for the DT/NT position. I don't disagree with Williams as the starter but Dorsey has delivered and I feel with Dorsey we got a player with more ability therefore a higher ceiling.

Do we extend Dorsey?
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM ]
I keep hearing how great Dorsey is, but I keep seeing RBs running straight up the gut on us. I don't remember that happening at all last year and especially in 2011. Soap and RJF seemed better to me.
Share 49ersWebzone