There are 265 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Thats why we need Dial, 350lb NT, would work well for us.

AB...where did you find 350? All the sites I have checked have him under 320. Would be happy if he can play effectively at 350 but putting on over 30 pounds since April might be difficult.

If I remember right, Harbaugh himself mentioned that in a presser. If it wasn't him, it was some team official.

Thanks Bluesbro!
A few weeks before Dial came back, Harbaugh was asked about him in a press conference. He said something like, "Dial, yeah, he's moving well. he's up to 340, 350 now. We hope he can be back soon to contribute."

Fantastic! I see the writing on the wall for Dobbs...too many guys unless there are more injuries...will hate to see him go but...
Can you say Jim Tomsula...he's one of the best DL coaches in the business. Dorsey should only continue to get better. I was happy to see him play last Sunday...that shows some toughness, which you have to have at NT. Now Dial's on the roster...and Tomsula's salivating over him. He's one BIG dude! Again, the common denominator is Coach T. He's a beaut...and under his tutelage, both Dorsey and Dial should blossom, which means bad news for any OL they go up against.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Can you say Jim Tomsula...he's one of the best DL coaches in the business. Dorsey should only continue to get better. I was happy to see him play last Sunday...that shows some toughness, which you have to have at NT. Now Dial's on the roster...and Tomsula's salivating over him. He's one BIG dude! Again, the common denominator is Coach T. He's a beaut...and under his tutelage, both Dorsey and Dial should blossom, which means bad news for any OL they go up against.

As long as we have Tomsula at D-line coach and Jim Harbaugh as head coach we're going to be good for years to come.

I loved the Dorsey signing. And as much as I trust Tomsula to develop talent, it's great watching him take players from across the league who are playing out of position, and placing them in their appropriate position and watching them go ham, Justin Smith, Dorsey, etc.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Oct 24, 2013 at 7:20 AM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Have loved this guy for a few years now...just a upbeat, super motivator and knows his game!
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Thats why we need Dial, 350lb NT, would work well for us.

AB...where did you find 350? All the sites I have checked have him under 320. Would be happy if he can play effectively at 350 but putting on over 30 pounds since April might be difficult.

If I remember right, Harbaugh himself mentioned that in a presser. If it wasn't him, it was some team official.

Thanks Bluesbro!
A few weeks before Dial came back, Harbaugh was asked about him in a press conference. He said something like, "Dial, yeah, he's moving well. he's up to 340, 350 now. We hope he can be back soon to contribute."

Fantastic! I see the writing on the wall for Dobbs...too many guys unless there are more injuries...will hate to see him go but...

Many favorites will be departing as our talent level continues to increase. There are a few guys that I like that I am pretty certain won't be back next season because of the type of contract they will command. Demarcus Dobbs, Tarrell Brown, Anthony Dixon, and possibly Donte Whitner.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
As long as we have Tomsula at D-line coach and Jim Harbaugh as head coach we're going to be good for years to come.

I loved the Dorsey signing. And as much as I trust Tomsula to develop talent, it's great watching him take players from across the league who are playing out of position, and placing them in their appropriate position and watching them go ham, Justin Smith, Dorsey, etc.

yes sometimes we have had issues when it comes to a free agent signing in a skill position like jacobs and edwards. However in our history from justin to dorsey,, we always do a good job selecting, drafting and developing our defensive linemen
I loved the Dorsey signing when it happened and even more when he got on the field.

Talent + great coaching = Success
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I loved the Dorsey signing when it happened and even more when he got on the field.

I didn't think much of it...oh well! Back to the salt mine!

Respect your honesty
Originally posted by frankie:

Respect your honesty

I knew... I knew all along...

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Respect your honesty

We seemed to have forgotten who the 9ers DL coach is! LOL! Seems to be able to fix broken and lesser players!
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Respect your honesty

I will be honest i thought he would play as well as soap but imo he played much better. In kcs d he was beast vs the run
Are you not entertained?!
Scary thought of the day: Ian Williams beat this guy out in training camp!

It's a shame Williams got hurt at the start of the season cause he was about to go into beast mode. Dorsey has been awesome though
How's he ranked as a NT these days?
Share 49ersWebzone