There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Wow. Look at that run rating. Why is his rush rating so average? He has 2 sacks/90 snaps. That's pretty good.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:
lol. Last week NT was a huge problem and supposedly we were getting gashed up the middle. Amazing what a win, and a little support from the offense, can do to change popular opinion.

Dorsey still gets engulfed at times, see the 2nd quarter of the game. 9ers still need some real depth there, Jerod-Eddie isn't the answer.
What do you mean "engulfed"? vs run/pass or both?
Dorsey has really looked terrific since taking over for Ian Williams. I really think NT is his best fit in the NFL, now I'm wondering if he has or will displaced Williams as the starting NT long term for the Niners. It's hard for me to imagine Ian coming back next season and taking the NT spot back. Thoughts?
Originally posted by matt49er:
Dorsey has really looked terrific since taking over for Ian Williams. I really think NT is his best fit in the NFL, now I'm wondering if he has or will displaced Williams as the starting NT long term for the Niners. It's hard for me to imagine Ian coming back next season and taking the NT spot back. Thoughts?

Agree, Dorsey has been great. I hated seeing Ian go down with an injury, but it did open the door for Dorsey. Dorsey is more talented and should have been the starter all along. Ian's salary is very reasonably, and he's a good young player, so I expect him back
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
lol. Last week NT was a huge problem and supposedly we were getting gashed up the middle. Amazing what a win, and a little support from the offense, can do to change popular opinion.

Dorsey still gets engulfed at times, see the 2nd quarter of the game. 9ers still need some real depth there, Jerod-Eddie isn't the answer.

Thats why we need Dial, 350lb NT, would work well for us.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Thats why we need Dial, 350lb NT, would work well for us.

For about 4 or 5 downs every series otherwise he'll have a stroke.
has anyone seen any updates at all on Dorsey's injury? Looked like they wrapped up the hammy and he was standing on the sideline, would love some confirmation of what's going on though, absolutely nothing reported as far as I can tell.
has anyone seen any updates at all on Dorsey's injury? Looked like they wrapped up the hammy and he was standing on the sideline, would love some confirmation of what's going on though, absolutely nothing reported as far as I can tell.

Nothing concrete, but they said that he was able to walk on his own after the docs had some time with it. I'm guessing it's a pull.
I've never seen a team needing a bye week more than this one!
Originally posted by Youngb:

Nothing concrete, but they said that he was able to walk on his own after the docs had some time with it. I'm guessing it's a pull.

Probably out a couple weeks like Willis was with the bye week and maybe Dial or Carradine can help out a lil bit by then.
Been talking to a s**t ton of Chiefs fans at work this week, they can't believe how good Glenn Dorsey is playing, and they're really mad about it.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Been talking to a s**t ton of Chiefs fans at work this week, they can't believe how good Glenn Dorsey is playing, and they're really mad about it.

There's a pattern... J. Smith, C. Rogers, D. Whitner, and now Dorsey
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Great pattern i must say. What they complainning about tho, they have alex and 7-0 record. They could still have cassel and be 1-6! That 2nd rd pick looking good also. Kc looking like the niners in 11. It almost seems like dejavu lol
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Great pattern i must say. What they complainning about tho, they have alex and 7-0 record. They could still have cassel and be 1-6! That 2nd rd pick looking good also. Kc looking like the niners in 11. It almost seems like dejavu lol

Yep, piss poor Passing game, great run game, and amazing defense. 2011 49ers all over again.