There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

lol. Last week NT was a huge problem and supposedly we were getting gashed up the middle. Amazing what a win, and a little support from the offense, can do to change popular opinion.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
lol. Last week NT was a huge problem and supposedly we were getting gashed up the middle. Amazing what a win, and a little support from the offense, can do to change popular opinion.

I didn't think it was a huge problem. I thought Dorsey was better than Williams anyway.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I didn't think it was a huge problem. I thought Dorsey was better than Williams anyway.

Same here.
why do we take him out in 3rd and passing situations?... are we resting him? I understand why we would, when we have Justin in the middle..but last game, after he got his sack... we took him out and had Dobbs or some other lineman in here on that passing situation.

can't remember the last time we had a DT, that could rush the passer....Bryant Young?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
why do we take him out in 3rd and passing situations?... are we resting him? I understand why we would, when we have Justin in the middle..but last game, after he got his sack... we took him out and had Dobbs or some other lineman in here on that passing situation.

can't remember the last time we had a DT, that could rush the passer....Bryant Young?

Dorsey absolutely crushed it on Thursday night. He was a real steal for the 49ers. He's a huge improvement over Soap and Jean Francois. We will miss Williams, but Dorsey has been on point as his replacement.

I can't wait to see how he does against the Texans.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Change of scenery and Tomusula are the key here I think, hope he keeps going like this!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
Change of scenery and Tomusula are the key here I think, hope he keeps going like this!

Yeah, it really making a difference. He's getting off to a good start.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 29, 2013 at 4:17 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Buchy:

Yeah, it really making a difference. He's getting off to a good start.

Agree. Hope he can have another good game next week.
hell of a start for Dorsey!
He is a vet so he should see cut blocks coming and stay healthy for us
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Right. Why are we doing this? He's a wide body that gets pressure for us. Let's leave him in now and then, let him rush from the A gaps. Whatever works.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Right. Why are we doing this? He's a wide body that gets pressure for us. Let's leave him in now and then, let him rush from the A gaps. Whatever works.

Absolutely agree. You need an achor in passing situations anyways to maintain the middle. With a guy like Dorsey you can almost guarentee the QB wont be able to scramble out of the rush through the middle. He definitely has shown the ability to beat the one on one so he would be beneficial from a numbers perspective. Im fine with it for the time being cause i want him to remain fresh. We may have to cut dobbs or TJE when wright, dial, carradine come back. Carradine and dial will be viewed as direct rreplacements but it wont be a straight snap swap. Dorsey will get some of those snaps too so will he see him taking the role your talking about eventually I feel.
Just curious, where has PFF ranked him through first four games?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
They've got him listed as the 6'th best DT in the league despite having about half the snaps of the players in front of him. He's been beasting.
[ Edited by Disp on Sep 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM ]