There are 151 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Love the way he's protecting the middle, no drop off from Williams noticed, and i like how hes playing angry. Justin, Dorsey , RayMac .... Yeah I like that
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
2 sacks from Dorsey out of the NT this year... that is crazy. Looks like the change of scenery helped him out, hope we can say the same thing about Baldwin in a few weeks once he gets more involved.

It helps when your defensive ends are studs backed up by one of the best LB corps in the league.

Can you believe there are 49ers fans out there who don't think RayMac is a stud? I saw a stat that RayMac had over 40 pass pressures last year... second only to Aldon.. but people are mad because he doesn't get the sacks as a 3-4 DE, which is historically a thankless job in the eyes of traditional stats like sacks.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
2 sacks from Dorsey out of the NT this year... that is crazy. Looks like the change of scenery helped him out, hope we can say the same thing about Baldwin in a few weeks once he gets more involved.

He already tied his season high for sacks
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Another LSU corndog I have to cheer for.

Well damn.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wooohoooo we signed Glenn Dorsey!!!!

...............oh wait.
Glen seems to be doing well in sf , Alex is off and running in KC, Baldwin is coming along , AJ has a catch and it looks like we're gonna get another 2 nd rounder! KC Looks so far to be a fantastic trade partner! #onehappyfamilyinred
Dorsey is looking as if he is the classic "change of scenery" player who becomes close to what we all thought he would originally be.
lol. Last week NT was a huge problem and supposedly we were getting gashed up the middle. Amazing what a win, and a little support from the offense, can do to change popular opinion.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
lol. Last week NT was a huge problem and supposedly we were getting gashed up the middle. Amazing what a win, and a little support from the offense, can do to change popular opinion.

I didn't think it was a huge problem. I thought Dorsey was better than Williams anyway.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I didn't think it was a huge problem. I thought Dorsey was better than Williams anyway.

Same here.

why do we take him out in 3rd and passing situations?... are we resting him? I understand why we would, when we have Justin in the middle..but last game, after he got his sack... we took him out and had Dobbs or some other lineman in here on that passing situation.

can't remember the last time we had a DT, that could rush the passer....Bryant Young?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
why do we take him out in 3rd and passing situations?... are we resting him? I understand why we would, when we have Justin in the middle..but last game, after he got his sack... we took him out and had Dobbs or some other lineman in here on that passing situation.

can't remember the last time we had a DT, that could rush the passer....Bryant Young?

Dorsey absolutely crushed it on Thursday night. He was a real steal for the 49ers. He's a huge improvement over Soap and Jean Francois. We will miss Williams, but Dorsey has been on point as his replacement.

I can't wait to see how he does against the Texans.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Change of scenery and Tomusula are the key here I think, hope he keeps going like this!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
Change of scenery and Tomusula are the key here I think, hope he keeps going like this!

Yeah, it really making a difference. He's getting off to a good start.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 29, 2013 at 4:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone