There are 232 users in the forums

What great 49ers have been practice squad players?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Wow. Did not know Davis was on PS

He got dumped on the PS in '91, I'm not sure if he suffered an injury or something
Originally posted by susweel:
Derrick Deese
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Elvis Grbeck was not a great 49er but still a starting NFL QB
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Junior Bryant

Nice finds. Those were all good players.
Zack Bronson
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Zack Bronson

#31 .....Loved watching him play ...when he missed a game due to injury, you could tell the secondary just wasnt the same
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Zack Bronson

#31 .....Loved watching him play ...when he missed a game due to injury, you could tell the secondary just wasnt the same

We had a pretty good safety tandem with Bronson and Schulters wreaking havoc in the secondary!
The practice squad is ideal to groom offensive and defensive linemen. They can get bigger stronger and used to working as a unit. I am predicting or hoping Al Netter will make the 53 man roster for OL next year. The team is supposed to be really high on netter. Supposedly netter was offered a contract to be on a teams 53 man roster last season and turned it down to stay on the niners PS.

Link for source

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7989/al-netter
The most prominent one is Alex Boone.

Larry Grant was a PS guy in 2008.

I'm pretty sure C.J. Spillman spent time on the San Diego PS.

Dominique Zeigler was a PS guy that I really liked. Played 11 games in 2010 and looked like an up and coming guy until he tore his ACL against the Cards.
Originally posted by blm7754:
The most prominent one is Alex Boone.

Larry Grant was a PS guy in 2008.

I'm pretty sure C.J. Spillman spent time on the San Diego PS.

Dominique Zeigler was a PS guy that I really liked. Played 11 games in 2010 and looked like an up and coming guy until he tore his ACL against the Cards.

Same here man, i thought he was about to bust out
Hmmm... Was Dave Fiore on the PS before starting?
Share 49ersWebzone