There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which is a better offensive strategy, confusion or disguise?

Which is a better offensive strategy, confusion or disguise?

The 9ers gave an unprecedented number of offensive looks to other teams this year. What were the upsides? The downsides? The read option won games against Green Bay, Miami. But it also seemed to complicate audibles. It eliminated any kind of hurry up option to our O. And, the Niners set a modern day football record for most delay of games for a team in the playoffs. This is not official. But we all know it's true.

Does it have to be this way? Can we use CK in diverse ways out of a pro set? Do we have to run the read option out of the pistol always?
It's almost like the old saying "jack of all trades, master of none."

If we are gonna run all these different schemes and formations we need to learn to do it more efficiently. The constant just geting plays off in time and timeouts really started to grind on me. I mean, the last drive of the Atlanta game the Falcons called a timeout, we come back, and get a delay!!! How the hell do you get a delay coming out of a timeout in the last minute of the NFCC?!

And then of course the timeout we used at the end of the Super Bowl. This should be cleaned up this late in the year.

We need to work on this for next season.
The pre-snap problems were largely a result of the fact that the team's offense was a continual work in progress. With a full off-season of building a cohesive system around Kaepernick, and with him getting a full off season to absorb the formations and schemes, we'll see a lot less of that next year. In fact, I predict that there will be a bunch of Peyton Manning - style hand signals that they'll integrate into the offense for the express purpose of those two away games in Seattle and St. Louis, with another Superdome appearance as well.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The pre-snap problems were largely a result of the fact that the team's offense was a continual work in progress. With a full off-season of building a cohesive system around Kaepernick, and with him getting a full off season to absorb the formations and schemes, we'll see a lot less of that next year. In fact, I predict that there will be a bunch of Peyton Manning - style hand signals that they'll integrate into the offense for the express purpose of those two away games in Seattle and St. Louis, with another Superdome appearance as well.

You're actually predicting that Kaep will have a command of the offense like Manning does his? Really?
Originally posted by aTx49er:
You're actually predicting that Kaep will have a command of the offense like Manning does his? Really?

I think that's unrealistic, but I do think there will be better management of the playclock next season, more touch on the passes, and a more disciplined offense. I honestly think with all the weapons we have, we can just simply line up and dare teams to beat us. The adjustments and different formations are icing on the cake, but we honestly don't need them.