LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

kendall hunter's role in the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I think the real test will be to see if we can find someone to take over return duties from LMJ to make him expendable. This is Gore's last season under contract and I'm not sure where they go from there with Gore. Do we sign him to 1 yr deals? Would love to see him retire a Niner. Hunter will and always been the change of pace back for this team and that shouldn't change. 2015 could be Lattimore/Hyde and Hunter and I'd be fine with that

LMJ will stick around at least one more season, he may be needed as our primary kick returner , and for depth in the event Lattimore isn't fully healed from his injuries ...a log jam at RB is a great problem to have
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I think the real test will be to see if we can find someone to take over return duties from LMJ to make him expendable. This is Gore's last season under contract and I'm not sure where they go from there with Gore. Do we sign him to 1 yr deals? Would love to see him retire a Niner. Hunter will and always been the change of pace back for this team and that shouldn't change. 2015 could be Lattimore/Hyde and Hunter and I'd be fine with that

LMJ will stick around at least one more season, he may be needed as our primary kick returner , and for depth in the event Lattimore isn't fully healed from his injuries ...a log jam at RB is a great problem to have

No doubt! Yeah I guess I was think more for next year with LMJ and finding a return man. Can't wait for the first game to watch our running game smash the Cowboy's horrible defense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

the rush to push hunter out the door for two guys whose nfl experience can be fit into a thimble is pretty silly in my opinion
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

LMJ really is a bit of the odd man out. Not saying he won't make the team but with us trying to deepen our WR depth, LMJ might pay the price for it. Or if there is a scenario of deciding between keeping Okoye or LMJ, I opt for Okoye because defense wins championships.
Originally posted by cciowa:

the rush to push hunter out the door for two guys whose nfl experience can be fit into a thimble is pretty silly in my opinion

Never said he was being pushed out the door he isn't a 3 down back, he is a change of pace back. In my opinion he doesn't have the size to be a 3 down back where Lattimore and Hyde are both around 6 foot 225 lbs.
Never said he was being pushed out the door he isn't a 3 down back, he is a change of pace back. In my opinion he doesn't have the size to be a 3 down back where Lattimore and Hyde are both around 6 foot 225 lbs.

He ain't skinny...

• boast
  • Hella Fame
it's hard to believe Hunter is so misjudged by many in this thread.
Originally posted by boast:

Agree with this,
As of right now I still think Hunter has Gore's job.

My depth chart would look something like
1. Gore
2. Hunter
3. Hyde
4. Latt
5. LMJ
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
He isn't as fast as Charles not even close. Charles ran a 4.38 at the combine and Hunter ran a 4.5

Nope. 4.46
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Agree with this,

This. x1000.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Just a little reminder for everyone who we are talking about here.

NFL Combine
Kendall Hunter Height 5072 Weight 199
40 Yrd Dash 4.46
10 Yrd Dash 1.52
Bench 24
Vertical 35
Broad 10´02"
20 Yrd Shuttle 4.21
3-Cone Drill 6.74

NFL Career Stats
G 43
Att 262
Y/A 4.6
Y/R 9.9

College Highlights

2011 Season Highlights

2013 Season Highlights

• Disp
  • Veteran

The average starting back in the league is about 10 lbs. heavier, around 210. Not a huge difference especially considering Hunter's only 5'7". If Lesean McCoy, Jamaal Charles. C.J. Spiller, etc. can have success as the primary ball carrier I don't see why Hunter can't. Gore isn't exactly a bulldozer; he just follows his blockers and has great vision.

Originally posted by Quest4six:

Agree with this,
As of right now I still think Hunter has Gore's job.

My depth chart would look something like
1. Gore
2. Hunter
3. Hyde
4. Latt
5. LMJ

I think so too. Going into training camp, I think Hunter is the best overall back on the team. That could change by opening day or in the season, but he is a good at everything the team asks the RB's to do.
Kendall Hunter is the best RB on our roster if 100% healthy.....

Flame away.....
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Flame away.....

Balls out. I like it.
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Flame away.....

This statement isn't without merit. I've wonder for two years what Kendall Hunter could do if he got 15-20 carries a game a few times.
Share 49ersWebzone