There are 243 users in the forums

kendall hunter's role in the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
apparently Bobbie is making Spiller expendable.

maybe we should try to trade for Bobbie. Might hurt less against the Cap.

We should of kept Boobie.

yes we should have
its always easy after the fact . just like when ck gets hurt, i am sure some will say we should have kept alex . and some who are now reopening up the ted ginn jr decision. it makes no sense to me to do this.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Cj Spiller? No way he makes in the NFX West. dude soft as cotton
all we need is sign a scrub to help us get through pre season. i will defer to AB but i am sure the niners have a little cash stocked away for these types of emergencies,,, that is if the front office and coaches deem this to be an "emergency" if they do not sign someone that may mean they are saying lattimore will start to contribute. I know some have him already in gores shoes for this year or next year , but i will count on nothing from him till i actually see him practice and prove he is ok
Exactly let Hampton and a guy off the street get the large majority of pre season work. Give Hyde a few reps but don't risk him to injury in the pre season. Yea to me Lattimore is still a huge question mark.
all we need is sign a scrub to help us get through pre season. i will defer to AB but i am sure the niners have a little cash stocked away for these types of emergencies,,, that is if the front office and coaches deem this to be an "emergency" if they do not sign someone that may mean they are saying lattimore will start to contribute. I know some have him already in gores shoes for this year or next year , but i will count on nothing from him till i actually see him practice and prove he is ok

Don't we already have a "scrub" to get us through camp - Jewel Hampton? I mean, he didn't see the playing field last year really but handled the load in preseason. I don't know why we need to spend more money on a position that, even with the loss of Hunter for the season and James for the preseason, we still have four running backs.

yes we should have

Crazy when we had Boobie for a few years everyone was hating on him... now look
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:

Don't we already have a "scrub" to get us through camp - Jewel Hampton? I mean, he didn't see the playing field last year really but handled the load in preseason. I don't know why we need to spend more money on a position that, even with the loss of Hunter for the season and James for the preseason, we still have four running backs.
uhm,, we have two healthy running backs. gore does not count. and i am not a fan of hammering hyde the entire pre season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

about 3 people today have back seat driven in regards to dixon today. not exactly a majority and it serves no purpose to revisit players you think you should have kept now that we have some injuries, in my opinion

about 3 people today have back seat driven in regards to dixon today. not exactly a majority and it serves no purpose to revisit players you think you should have kept now that we have some injuries, in my opinion

I loved having Dixon on the team. He was/is versatile. Plays Special Teams, HB, and FB. That said, when we had to make a choice, we had equivalent and cheaper talent. He really progressed on his running during his time with us. I don't think it was a reasonable expectation to think we could keep him. Great guy, great team guy. I wish him the best when he's not playing us.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jul 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM ]
What I feel might hurt us the worse with not having Dixon is his pass protection experience. Sniffing and picking up the Blitz.

With Hunter gone and James not the most reliable pass protector (size/durability wise)... I just feel if the young RB struggle in pass protection in preseason...we already know how paranoid Roman and Harbs are about keeping Kap healthy.

If this happens, Gore will be kept on the field and over used ...and might be infective late in the season.

If Hyde doesn't pickup everything quickly...then I really see us trading for/picking up a released experienced Vet.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 28, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]

yes we should have

No I did not want us to get rid of him. I thought last year especially he looked bigger and faster than ever. I wonder what he would do as a full-time back.
Share 49ersWebzone