LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

kendall hunter's role in the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Even though we used Kendall Hunter mostly as a change of pace back he is much more than that. Baalke said it himself after the 2011 draft. They viewed Hunter as a all around back, not just a change of pace type of back
Hunter was our primary back up for Fank Gore this year and the years before. And he most definitely could handle a full workload.

Hunter can:
- run the power game
- can run between the tackles
- can get on the edges
- can pass protect
- can catch out of the backfield
- can return kicks
- can play on kick coverages

He is a all around very good football player.

I can not use most of those points to describe LaMichael James. At least not at this point.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:21 AM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erguy:
With the rumors that CJ Spiller is on the block...why not a LMJ + 2nd rounder for CJ.

CJ is a much more explosive version of LMJ and would be a monster weapon on this squad. He is in a contract year, but he will make us better for a run this year, IMO. Regardless of if we resign CJ next year.

Am I out of my mind with this thought?

People are completely overreacting. A week ago we had by far the deepest backfield. Hunter gets injured and people think we need to add a running back.
I dont want CJ.. hes struggled with injury problems of his own.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
With the rumors that CJ Spiller is on the block...why not a LMJ + 2nd rounder for CJ.

CJ is a much more explosive version of LMJ and would be a monster weapon on this squad. He is in a contract year, but he will make us better for a run this year, IMO. Regardless of if we resign CJ next year.

Am I out of my mind with this thought?

People are completely overreacting. A week ago we had by far the deepest backfield. Hunter gets injured and people think we need to add a running back.
Ive always thought we had a bit of a problem. LMJ is useless, Hyde and Latt are unknown...making Hunter the only proven backup. With Hunter out ,we have nobody with decent game time reps or experience. 2 rookies and a twitter b***h makes me nervous if Gore goes down.

I would trade LMJ for Spiller easily. Spiller was my draft crush when he came out.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Spiller was a top 5 pick, no way they're just going to give him to us for LMJ.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Highly unlikely after LMJ's injury......
Originally posted by mayo49:

Then again, it's the Bills lol.

They gave us Stevie Johnson, their primary target prior to drafting Sammy Watkins, for a conditional 4th.
apparently Bobbie is making Spiller expendable.

maybe we should try to trade for Bobbie. Might hurt less against the Cap.

Originally posted by Afrikan:

We should of kept Boobie.
would jizz if we get CJ Spiller

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

not valuable, you can not predict injuries and the view is always better from the back seat
Cj Spiller? No way he makes in the NFX West. dude soft as cotton
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
all we need is sign a scrub to help us get through pre season. i will defer to AB but i am sure the niners have a little cash stocked away for these types of emergencies,,, that is if the front office and coaches deem this to be an "emergency" if they do not sign someone that may mean they are saying lattimore will start to contribute. I know some have him already in gores shoes for this year or next year , but i will count on nothing from him till i actually see him practice and prove he is ok
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by lamontb:
all we need is sign a scrub to help us get through pre season. i will defer to AB but i am sure the niners have a little cash stocked away for these types of emergencies,,, that is if the front office and coaches deem this to be an "emergency" if they do not sign someone that may mean they are saying lattimore will start to contribute. I know some have him already in gores shoes for this year or next year , but i will count on nothing from him till i actually see him practice and prove he is ok

$5.157M under the '14 Cap at this point.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

yes we should have
Share 49ersWebzone