LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

kendall hunter's role in the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
@MaioccoCSN: #49ers GM Trent Baalke said he wants to re-sign RB Kendall Hunter, who’ll be returning next season from a torn ACL.

https://twitter.com/maioccocsn/status/493203596645629953

if we can get him on one of those "if you're injured" you dont get paid deals....I'm for it lol

I could see us bringing him back on a low risk deal. I only worry about another team going full potato and giving him $6 mil per coming off injury, like the Redskins did with Josh Morgan.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
@MaioccoCSN: #49ers GM Trent Baalke said he wants to re-sign RB Kendall Hunter, who’ll be returning next season from a torn ACL.

https://twitter.com/maioccocsn/status/493203596645629953

if we can get him on one of those "if you're injured" you dont get paid deals....I'm for it lol

I could see us bringing him back on a low risk deal. I only worry about another team going full potato and giving him $6 mil per coming off injury, like the Redskins did with Josh Morgan.
I think he's happy here. Good team, good coaches, and we win. He still has a good shot to be a big piece once Gore retires.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Next to James, he was our fastest running back in terms of straight line speed. Except, the coaching staff under-utilized James's abilities... Hence the frustration he had with the team. Kendall though had legitimate production as the #2 running back behind Gore. And as others have already said, his pass blocking will be missed...

I think he's actually faster than LMJ. LaMike just looks really fast because he has short strides and tiny toy doll feet. Hunter is not as quick as LMJ, for sure, but LMJ has never had special top end speed, IMO. Hunter had legit home run potential on basic stretch runs.

Possibly. I could agree with that.

What? lol. I live in Oklahoma and I'm a osu fan hunter isn't faster... He ran a 4.53 at the combine...

James ran a official 4.45 and unofficial 4.37. I just think hunter has better vision and Lmj dances to much.

Talking about game speed.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
man.. I was watching a s**tty stream of ESPN2 when on the bottom I saw his name and out for the season... the stream cleared up right when those words came across and I let out a BiG f**k!

We don't deserve Hunter man....f'n Roman and Harbs. He should just go to another team when he gets back. I can't believe we didn't use him last year.

I know there is no guarantee that this injury would have not happened, if he played more last year...... but the way we played games with this kid..... I'm sure he was just confused and felt he had to perform at an unrealistic level to convince the coaches he should be used more than any other RB on the roster... including Gore.

hey man, I was still in shock when I went on with that.
LMJ is not 208 lbs. In his interview earlier today he said he was about 190.

It's not unrealistic to expect a rookie RB to contribute right away, especially one with Hyde's skill set. It is very much a plug-and-play position, and requires the least amount of developmental time of any position in the league. Every year we see multiple rookie RBs across the league make an impact.

Hyde is a 3-down back, capable of running inside and out, catching the ball out of the backfield, and has the size to hold up well in pass pro. He brings more to the table than James, who is really confined to a specialty role on offense.
LMJ is not 208 lbs. In his interview earlier today he said he was about 190.

It's not unrealistic to expect a rookie RB to contribute right away, especially one with Hyde's skill set. It is very much a plug-and-play position, and requires the least amount of developmental time of any position in the league. Every year we see multiple rookie RBs across the league make an impact.

Hyde is a 3-down back, capable of running inside and out, catching the ball out of the backfield, and has the size to hold up well in pass pro. He brings more to the table than James, who is really confined to a specialty role on offense.

Yea I know Hyde is a 3 down back, and don't think I'm talking Hyde down either, I'm jus making the point that James shouldn't be disregarded because he didn't put up numbers in a loaded backfield
Besides Gore , KH32 was the best blocking RB on the ROSTER .
Beerows just treeted otherwise...

You guys are right. My mistake. He said he was 190 as a rookie, 208 now. That's surprising!

My apologies to Since07.

You guys are right. My mistake. He said he was 190 as a rookie, 208 now. That's surprising!

My apologies to Since07.

My apologies to Since07.

I have bigger hopes for Hyde than james really, it jus bothers me when people completely give up on players so soon >_<
Hoping Lattimore comes off NFI soon, we need his help. And James needs to step up, but were deep at RB, even Hampton has talent IMO.

Gore-Hyde show for 2014 IMO.

Sucks for Hunter, love the pick back in 2011, hope he reups with us.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Another thing that worries me is that let's say Gore finally hits the wall this year. At least Hunter was a proven commodity who I felt comfortable with being a primary back. We don't know how Hyde or Lattimore will work out and James is a bit of an unknown as well.

James isn't a vertical runner, which is why we didn't play him much. I'm not even sure why we drafted him. He doesn't fit the system. It will be Hyde stepping in as number 2 this season probably by mid season. They'll probably run Gore A LOT early in the season with James/Hyde sharing in the beginning just to feel the waters out and then around mid season if Hyde shows he's got the stuff he'll fill Hunters role and take some workload off Gore.

That's the way I see it unfolding at least.

After a yr and a half Latt needs to come back with gore like consistentsy; not making explosive plays but grinding s**t up
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phil:
Another thing that worries me is that let's say Gore finally hits the wall this year. At least Hunter was a proven commodity who I felt comfortable with being a primary back. We don't know how Hyde or Lattimore will work out and James is a bit of an unknown as well.

James isn't a vertical runner, which is why we didn't play him much. I'm not even sure why we drafted him. He doesn't fit the system. It will be Hyde stepping in as number 2 this season probably by mid season. They'll probably run Gore A LOT early in the season with James/Hyde sharing in the beginning just to feel the waters out and then around mid season if Hyde shows he's got the stuff he'll fill Hunters role and take some workload off Gore.

I think he would work better with an Alex Smith check down QB. Just like AJ Jenkins seems to be working better with Alex than with Colin. When Colin became the QB, I don't think he fits with Colin's skill set. Colin needs a guy that can grind out the short yardage downs so Colin can play pass on those short yardage downs for big gains and TD's. Alex is more of a classic WCO horizontal QB that takes what the defense gives and needs those short range receivers like LMJ. Carlos is better suited for Colin than LMJ is, in my opinion.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Phil:

I think he would work better with an Alex Smith check down QB. Just like AJ Jenkins seems to be working better with Alex than with Colin. When Colin became the QB, I don't think he fits with Colin's skill set. Colin needs a guy that can grind out the short yardage downs so Colin can play pass on those short yardage downs for big gains and TD's. Alex is more of a classic WCO horizontal QB that takes what the defense gives and needs those short range receivers like LMJ. Carlos is better suited for Colin than LMJ is, in my opinion.

Well, just read roman is planning on more screens this season. Maybe James will come into play.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sounds like they really like Hunter and want to re-sign him. Good for him.
James is a twig. Not likely to be a down to down runner. If Lattimore is not 100%, then we will go with hampton as #3 or make a trade.
Share 49ersWebzone