LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

kendall hunter's role in the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Phuck man!! My favorite 49er runner. Dam gotta put up with ninja turtle gore. We are pretty much screwed I hope you guys know. Hyde needs experience, Lattimore is not healthy, Gore is much too old & slow, LMJ is too small. We are pretty phucked I think. I hope im wrong but dam what a BLOW

It's not the end of the world, it sucks but the niners still have options
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Oh god..this will hurt us
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Phuck man!! My favorite 49er runner. Dam gotta put up with ninja turtle gore. We are pretty much screwed I hope you guys know. Hyde needs experience, Lattimore is not healthy, Gore is much too old & slow, LMJ is too small. We are pretty phucked I think. I hope im wrong but dam what a BLOW

yeah how we gonna replace that 400 rush yards? dont think i'll sleep tonight
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Here comes the Gore hate......... 1200 yards later and 8 tds will calm that down again this year when Gore is the SB MVP this year and retires on top like a champ. Sucks man I loved Hunter explosiveness. Hunter had Gore and LMJ skill set all in one ran hard hit holes hard and was quick f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am afraid to say it but i think his 49ers career is pretty much over Niners wont offer a decent contract for a guy thats has been hurt 2 of the past 3 seasons

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I am afraid to say it but i think his 49ers career is pretty much over Niners wont offer a decent contract for a guy thats has been hurt 2 of the past 3 seasons

Probably the case. Depends what kind of offers he gets as a FA. I think the 49ers would be open to bringing him back on a 1-year, low risk deal. Sucks for him, because if healthy he would cash in nicely.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
LMJ is not 208 lbs. In his interview earlier today he said he was about 190.

It's not unrealistic to expect a rookie RB to contribute right away, especially one with Hyde's skill set. It is very much a plug-and-play position, and requires the least amount of developmental time of any position in the league. Every year we see multiple rookie RBs across the league make an impact.

Hyde is a 3-down back, capable of running inside and out, catching the ball out of the backfield, and has the size to hold up well in pass pro. He brings more to the table than James, who is really confined to a specialty role on offense.

Beerows just treeted otherwise...

In the interview that I saw on 49s.com, James said he weighed 200 pounds.

James might know what he weighs.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/RB-LaMichael-James-on-the-Loss-of-Kendall-Hunter/acf657e4-6ce2-4a68-b528-094c1799c4e8
Originally posted by buck:
In the interview that I saw on 49s.com, James said he weighed 200 pounds.

James might know what he weighs.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/RB-LaMichael-James-on-the-Loss-of-Kendall-Hunter/acf657e4-6ce2-4a68-b528-094c1799c4e8

lol, I know. Already acknowledged my mistake ; )
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
welp, so long hunter. final year of contract, obviously won't be renewed.

Yeah, I like the guy a lot, but this is probably the end of the line. And it is a HUGE opportunity for LMJ and the two young bucks. For all the questioning of drafting multiple RBs high and/or not trading him or LMJ when touches were hard to come by, fans should all be very thankful now the that front office knew that RB was deep but unproven and had injury risks among it.

Now there is just more of a chance for other guys to get carries, but we still should be in very good shape at RB thanks to our depth. I just hope at least one of the younger guys can prove dependable enough as a blocker that the coaches trust him to be in the game often enough to matter.

Best of luck to Hunter, but it's highly likely he's played his last snap as a Niner. Never know though, if Gore retires after a SB win, if Lattimore or Hyde bust or injury out or LMJ breaks out and gets a big contract elsewhere or something, I guess it's possible he comes back on a "prove it" deal to show he's healthy next year.

LMJ has 2 more years on his deal
I love all these posts of ppl saying its the end of the world now that Hunter is gone.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Terrible news. Now when you tie in Lattimore going on the PUP....all that vaunted RB depth looks to have evaporated rather quickly.

I don't have a lot of faith in LMJ....I think Hyde takes his job.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Next to James, he was our fastest running back in terms of straight line speed. Except, the coaching staff under-utilized James's abilities... Hence the frustration he had with the team. Kendall though had legitimate production as the #2 running back behind Gore. And as others have already said, his pass blocking will be missed...

I think he's actually faster than LMJ. LaMike just looks really fast because he has short strides and tiny toy doll feet. Hunter is not as quick as LMJ, for sure, but LMJ has never had special top end speed, IMO. Hunter had legit home run potential on basic stretch runs.

Possibly. I could agree with that.

What? lol. I live in Oklahoma and I'm a osu fan hunter isn't faster... He ran a 4.53 at the combine...

James ran a official 4.45 and unofficial 4.37. I just think hunter has better vision and Lmj dances to much.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That sucks!!! I was expecting big things from him this year.
@MaioccoCSN: #49ers GM Trent Baalke said he wants to re-sign RB Kendall Hunter, who’ll be returning next season from a torn ACL.

https://twitter.com/maioccocsn/status/493203596645629953
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
@MaioccoCSN: #49ers GM Trent Baalke said he wants to re-sign RB Kendall Hunter, who’ll be returning next season from a torn ACL.

https://twitter.com/maioccocsn/status/493203596645629953

if we can get him on one of those "if you're injured" you dont get paid deals....I'm for it lol
Share 49ersWebzone