There are 203 users in the forums

kendall hunter's role in the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
I feel bad for Hunter.

Training camp injuries, I hate.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Nice call Mayo, you said it first, ACL, gone for season. I was sure it was MCL and medial meniscus. But no, it is the season ender...or worse, career ender.

As for the talk about LMJ having to move his game up, here's a thot for you all. How about GREG R moves his game up and uses LMJ where he shoulda been used inititally, as a back out of the backfield or for outlet passes as a bailout. He is not a particularly good blocker to my recollection and running between tackles may be what he wants to do, but the guy is just not built for it. Compared to frank and hyde, the guy is a liteweight. So give him sproles type jobs, and see if he can be of use there. Having him spell frank between the tackles...you gotta be kidding. Hyde? Now that's another story.

Lattimore...injured last yr. PUP this yr. Still a question mark health wise. Does that sound good to you ? Sure doesn't to me. That means this is frank, and thank God for Carlos Hyde. Those are our RBs. Miller is dependable but his asset is blocking. He also is good out of the backfield. Nope, our RBs between tackles are down to FRank & Hyde.

We go into the year strong at RB and look at us now. Still got a great #2, but Frank...wow, you can just ride one horse so long. The guy is amazing tho.

Well said, doc. Really agree with you on LMJ. Wish we would use him more as an outlet from the backfield. I know he didn't catch many passes at Oregon, but he has the skill to do it. If he can catch punts, he can catch an outlet pass and turn it upfield. I don't think he's as good as Hunter, but I still hate seeing him waste away on the bench when he has the ability to contribute in a small role.

The Carlos Hyde pick looks even more brilliant now. Even with Hunter healthy, we were always playing with fire if Gore were to go down. He's about as indestructible as a tank, but he is 31 now. Hyde is a 3-down type of back. I expect him to have a pretty big impact this year.
Originally posted by buck:
I feel bad for Hunter.

Training camp injuries, I hate.

uhh, this. There is always one serious injury the first couple days of TC. Always.
Lamichael james will start over Carlos Hyde but will be swapped in situation; Hyde 3rd and short, James 1-3 downs 4+ yards
I hate this for Hunter more than I do for the 49ers. They always seem to find a way to manage without a key player. Just hopefully, Roman can figure out a way to use LMJ strengths.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Nice call Mayo, you said it first, ACL, gone for season. I was sure it was MCL and medial meniscus. But no, it is the season ender...or worse, career ender.

As for the talk about LMJ having to move his game up, here's a thot for you all. How about GREG R moves his game up and uses LMJ where he shoulda been used inititally, as a back out of the backfield or for outlet passes as a bailout. He is not a particularly good blocker to my recollection and running between tackles may be what he wants to do, but the guy is just not built for it. Compared to frank and hyde, the guy is a liteweight. So give him sproles type jobs, and see if he can be of use there. Having him spell frank between the tackles...you gotta be kidding. Hyde? Now that's another story.

Lattimore...injured last yr. PUP this yr. Still a question mark health wise. Does that sound good to you ? Sure doesn't to me. That means this is frank, and thank God for Carlos Hyde. Those are our RBs. Miller is dependable but his asset is blocking. He also is good out of the backfield. Nope, our RBs between tackles are down to FRank & Hyde.

We go into the year strong at RB and look at us now. Still got a great #2, but Frank...wow, you can just ride one horse so long. The guy is amazing tho.

Frank Gore 5'9 218

LaMichael James 5'9 208/ 195 Lbs 2012

Hes building muscle and we have a plan for him and its not to be a Darren Sproles.

Not to be dericted at you Pasodoc9er but everyone who has lost hope on James, there's a thing called developing. To think a rookie "Hyde" takes 2nd string from some one going into his 3rd year shows a mentality of Star or Bust and nothing in between
Originally posted by Since07:
Frank Gore 5'9 218

LaMichael James 5'9 208/ 195 Lbs 2012

Hes building muscle and we have a plan for him and its not to be a Darren Sproles.

Not to be dericted at you Pasodoc9er but everyone who has lost hope on James, there's a thing called developing. To think a rookie "Hyde" takes 2nd string from some one going into his 3rd year shows a mentality of Star or Bust and nothing in between

LMJ is not 208 lbs. In his interview earlier today he said he was about 190.

It's not unrealistic to expect a rookie RB to contribute right away, especially one with Hyde's skill set. It is very much a plug-and-play position, and requires the least amount of developmental time of any position in the league. Every year we see multiple rookie RBs across the league make an impact.

Hyde is a 3-down back, capable of running inside and out, catching the ball out of the backfield, and has the size to hold up well in pass pro. He brings more to the table than James, who is really confined to a specialty role on offense.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
LMJ, hyde, gore, lattimore i think we will be alright lol i actually like james more than hunter, he played big the year we went to superbowl and then we didn't give him any playing time when hunter came back the next season.

Wow, that's interesting. Why do you like LMJ more? I'm not arguing or disrespecting just curious as to why (the arguments come later).
Originally posted by SofaKing:
LMJ is not 208 lbs. In his interview earlier today he said he was about 190.

It's not unrealistic to expect a rookie RB to contribute right away, especially one with Hyde's skill set. It is very much a plug-and-play position, and requires the least amount of developmental time of any position in the league. Every year we see multiple rookie RBs across the league make an impact.

Hyde is a 3-down back, capable of running inside and out, catching the ball out of the backfield, and has the size to hold up well in pass pro. He brings more to the table than James, who is really confined to a specialty role on offense.

Beerows just treeted otherwise...
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Beerows just treeted otherwise...

You guys are right. My mistake. He said he was 190 as a rookie, 208 now. That's surprising!

My apologies to Since07.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Next to James, he was our fastest running back in terms of straight line speed. Except, the coaching staff under-utilized James's abilities... Hence the frustration he had with the team. Kendall though had legitimate production as the #2 running back behind Gore. And as others have already said, his pass blocking will be missed...

I think he's actually faster than LMJ. LaMike just looks really fast because he has short strides and tiny toy doll feet. Hunter is not as quick as LMJ, for sure, but LMJ has never had special top end speed, IMO. Hunter had legit home run potential on basic stretch runs.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
You guys are right. My mistake. He said he was 190 as a rookie, 208 now. That's surprising!

My apologies to Since07.

Woah, someone being accountable and mature about correcting a statement on the Zone? I'm not sure if you are going to be stoned to death or praised for this, but we need more of it. Most people just disappear from the thread for a couple of days, and they magically never said it...
man.. I was watching a s**tty stream of ESPN2 when on the bottom I saw his name and out for the season... the stream cleared up right when those words came across and I let out a BiG f**k!

We don't deserve Hunter man....f'n Roman and Harbs. He should just go to another team when he gets back. I can't believe we didn't use him last year.

I know there is no guarantee that this injury would have not happened, if he played more last year...... but the way we played games with this kid..... I'm sure he was just confused and felt he had to perform at an unrealistic level to convince the coaches he should be used more than any other RB on the roster... including Gore.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Next to James, he was our fastest running back in terms of straight line speed. Except, the coaching staff under-utilized James's abilities... Hence the frustration he had with the team. Kendall though had legitimate production as the #2 running back behind Gore. And as others have already said, his pass blocking will be missed...

I think he's actually faster than LMJ. LaMike just looks really fast because he has short strides and tiny toy doll feet. Hunter is not as quick as LMJ, for sure, but LMJ has never had special top end speed, IMO. Hunter had legit home run potential on basic stretch runs.

Possibly. I could agree with that.
Phuck man!! My favorite 49er runner. Dam gotta put up with ninja turtle gore. We are pretty much screwed I hope you guys know. Hyde needs experience, Lattimore is not healthy, Gore is much too old & slow, LMJ is too small. We are pretty phucked I think. I hope im wrong but dam what a BLOW
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Phuck man!! My favorite 49er runner. Dam gotta put up with ninja turtle gore. We are pretty much screwed I hope you guys know. Hyde needs experience, Lattimore is not healthy, Gore is much too old & slow, LMJ is too small. We are pretty phucked I think. I hope im wrong but dam what a BLOW

Screwed because we lost a backup RB? I like Hunter a lot, but c'mon man. We advanced to the SB without him, we can do it again. Hyde is ready to ball. The only thing that requires development is blitz pick-up. In the meantime, he absolutely can make an impact as a runner.
Share 49ersWebzone