LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 138 users in the forums

kendall hunter's role in the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by thl408:
This injury hurts more than people may realize. I thought Hunter was primed for a good season. One full year removed from his first season ending injury and playing for a new contract. Time for LMJ to step up.

Is there something bad going on with the turf at the practice facility or what? These non contact season ending injuries are bs.

its just the nature of football. pretty much between minicamp and TC you're going to lose 3-4 guys for the season. you just hope its not any stars.

I'm thinking the turf there is **too good** ie like a golf course kind of grass that acts almost like artificial turf.
Originally posted by Giedi:
This injury hurts more than people may realize. I thought Hunter was primed for a good season. One full year removed from his first season ending injury and playing for a new contract. Time for LMJ to step up.

Is there something bad going on with the turf at the practice facility or what? These non contact season ending injuries are bs.

Yeah, that has to be looked at. When they were in Rocklin and at Sierra college, I didn't hear a lot of torn ACL's and achillies' - so you might have a good point there.

its more of a league wide problem. last year if i'm not mistaken last year had a huge number of acl tears as opposed to previous season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
ACL's are nasty customers, many times you don't even know you've done anything.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Looks like we will be drafting another back, any bad asses out there?

Agree, while even if hunter and lmj were on the team and 100% healthy all this year, I'm pretty sure they'd still draft an RB in 2015. The only difference would be at what round. Instead pm 5th or lower, I'm betting they choose another RB in the first 4 rounds a la carlos hyde.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
welp, so long hunter. final year of contract, obviously won't be renewed.

That might be the case unfortunately. I'm thinking they draft another big back like carlos next year if LMJ can step up and do well this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yeah, that has to be looked at. When they were in Rocklin and at Sierra college, I didn't hear a lot of torn ACL's and achillies' - so you might have a good point there.

its more of a league wide problem. last year if i'm not mistaken last year had a huge number of acl tears as opposed to previous season.
Man what the heck is going on if this is true?

Man what the heck is going on if this is true?

here is a decent read about last years rash of acl injuries, article is from last december i think

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/nfl-injury-increase-2013/
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Well LMJ ain't getting traded for everyone who wants him gone. Either he finally steps his a** up or he's simply a bust.

Yep, glad he's still on the team now.

It didn't matter to me either way if he was traded or not. I was hoping Jewel Hampton would've gotten a shot and/or more carries for Lattimore/Hyde.
picking hyde seems better and better now. hunter may be done in the nfl , isn't this his second tear?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
picking hyde seems better and better now. hunter may be done in the nfl , isn't this his second tear?

first, he had achillies before.

With Hunter and Gore both being free agents after this year makes me wonder if this could spell the end of Hunter for us. The good news is if we do re-sign him it will be for dirt cheap since he would be coming off an ACL injury. Almost makes me think we will now re-sign Gore for one more year and Hunter could be gone. I guess a lot will depend on Lattimore and Hyde as well. Either way this team cant catch a break since Harbaugh got here. Every year we have acl injuries and other critical injuries that have kept us from winning a SB. If it's not 1, 2 or 8 WR's, it's a vital piece like Bruce Miller or Willis or Bowman or Justin Smith.
Time to bring back Glen Coffee
Fvvvvvvck
Will not be on the team next season.

Can we released him now w/ a good payment settlement to give us more cap room?
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Jul 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM ]
Well, LMJ is definitely making the team now.
Share 49ersWebzone