LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

The 49ers suck at situational football, ie 3rd DOWN & REDZONE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Jake and I have been talking about this since CK took over.

CK is not comfy throwing into a condensed defense.

I love CK and am beyond stoked he is starting....but he is significantly better throwing the ball from 20 to 10 then 5 to goalline

I love CK and am beyond stoked he is starting....but he is significantly better throwing the ball from 20 to 10 then 5 to goalline

Sadly I completely agree. I've been wondering about that myself and I havent seen anything besides him running it in in those situations that has proven he can handle that side of the ball.
I feel BJ Daniels is going to be involved a lot in these situations as he can score in about every way possible and gives coaches max options in critical plays.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I feel BJ Daniels is going to be involved a lot in these situations as he can score in about every way possible and gives coaches max options in critical plays.

Dude hasn't even made the team lol.

If you are talking about him replacing Kap in the red zone could you pass some of that s**t over here?
If you work at something you will yield the fruit of your labor. We are working to correct these issues thus I see great things for us this season on 3rd down and the redzone. We had a 10 game starter folks and based off last season I believe we will improve in this area. Every team has areas where they can improve but coming up 5 yards shy of being a champion, we are not that far off from the mark as we may think
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Move on, guys. They're hard at work on red zone offense. If they get back to the Super Bowl next season, my guess is that they'll finish it the right way.

No kidding. The Niners aren't that bad. They were 15th in Red Zone efficiency during the season and they scored 34.7 points per game in the playoffs. The last 4 downs aside, this team is going in the right direction.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Dude hasn't even made the team lol.

If you are talking about him replacing Kap in the red zone could you pass some of that s**t over here?
Exactly.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Move on, guys. They're hard at work on red zone offense. If they get back to the Super Bowl next season, my guess is that they'll finish it the right way.

No kidding. The Niners aren't that bad. They were 15th in Red Zone efficiency during the season and they scored 34.7 points per game in the playoffs. The last 4 downs aside, this team is going in the right direction.

This is seriously overlooked. It would be great if some fans allowed Kaep to continue to develop. People fail to realize he was only a second year player.
The 9ers may have been 15th, in RZ efficiency, but it is still galling to think that neither roman nor coach H had a plan for what happens when we end up on the 10 yd line with 4 downs to score.. Obviously cc's comments ring true. My gut tells me both Coach and roman have a good idea of how to score from the 10 yd line in the SB to win the game now. Sure wish they would have known earlier tho.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Exactly.

This is seriously overlooked. It would be great if some fans allowed Kaep to continue to develop. People fail to realize he was only a second year player.

And that was the tenth start of his career. After just seven starts, he was under the pressure of playing in the playoffs and he didn't wilt at all. In fact, if you knew ahead of time that Kaepernick was going to throw for over 300 yards, have two 100 yard receivers and run for over 50 yards, you would have been absolutely sure the Niners were going to win the game.
Originally posted by deepniner:

Sadly I completely agree. I've been wondering about that myself and I havent seen anything besides him running it in in those situations that has proven he can handle that side of the ball.

And nothing is wrong with any of this thinking. Honestly I think Kaep has great potential from what I've seen, but like GNielson said, he has only 7 starts and the tenth start of his career. Now for Me, and me only. This is why i'm 50-50 on Kaep. He hasnt played a whole season. I dont think he's gonna surprise teams like he did when he first played the Bears. Yeah he killed em, but they didnt have tape on him, like many others didnt.

I even liked the way that Harbs ended camp yesterday. Kaep had been back and forth at times all offseason so far. Great on some days, ok, on some,, and not so good, etc. So when Kaep and company killed it yesterday in camp. Just so the Qb's or anyone wouldn't foul things up with playing for another 45 mins to an hour. He ended it early to keep everything on that positive note.

Kaep is still working on the short passes. I think i read where Moore (WR), I think had to grab a pass from almost touching the ground, and it was a short pass, but bullet. So i agree, the deep ball with Kaep is almost like second nature. If he can develop that skill to take a little off the short passes, then he may be on his way.

This will be his first full season. So while yeah he helped get us to the promise land with the second half, i cant wait to see what he does with this entire season.

I expect big things, so let me get my popcorn ready.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
And nothing is wrong with any of this thinking. Honestly I think Kaep has great potential from what I've seen, but like GNielson said, he has only 7 starts and the tenth start of his career. Now for Me, and me only. This is why i'm 50-50 on Kaep. He hasnt played a whole season. I dont think he's gonna surprise teams like he did when he first played the Bears. Yeah he killed em, but they didnt have tape on him, like many others didnt.

I even liked the way that Harbs ended camp yesterday. Kaep had been back and forth at times all offseason so far. Great on some days, ok, on some,, and not so good, etc. So when Kaep and company killed it yesterday in camp. Just so the Qb's or anyone wouldn't foul things up with playing for another 45 mins to an hour. He ended it early to keep everything on that positive note.

Kaep is still working on the short passes. I think i read where Moore (WR), I think had to grab a pass from almost touching the ground, and it was a short pass, but bullet. So i agree, the deep ball with Kaep is almost like second nature. If he can develop that skill to take a little off the short passes, then he may be on his way.

This will be his first full season. So while yeah he helped get us to the promise land with the second half, i cant wait to see what he does with this entire season.

Having doubts and questions about Kaep is not acceptable. Take it back and kneel before him and his 10 games... NAO!!!

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Having doubts and questions about Kaep is not acceptable. Take it back and kneel before him and his 10 games... NAO!!!

McG, whats up man. LMAO. ( you got that one off, lol)

Agreed, he'd seriously threaten Kap for the starting job

Some Niner fans simply seem unable to remove that stick from their rear ends.

Some Niner fans simply seem unable to remove that stick from their rear ends.

Bring back Alex Smith!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Bring back Alex Smith!

No. I like Alex right where he is. Go Chiefs! .. and Niners!

McG, whats up man. LMAO. ( you got that one off, lol)

Share 49ersWebzone