There are 231 users in the forums

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by RandG4life:
Choking is always hard to swallow but seeing the coaching melt-down in the SB was beyond compare. This was our best chance of winning another SB and we choked like school girls. I'm afraid our window is closing fast. You only get so many chances and we've choked them away. I doubt we even win the division next season.

What the f**k are you talking about? We have a 25 year old QB that will only get better. He has the best coach in the league leading him and is surrounded by a lot of talented young players on defense and offense. We have a GM that drafts excellent talent for us and will only make this team better as time goes by. You are delusional if you think this imaginary "window" of ours is closing.

Yanno, I was thinking pretty much the same thing Bay. Corndogs anyone?
What the f**k are you talking about? We have a 25 year old QB that will only get better. He has the best coach in the league leading him and is surrounded by a lot of talented young players on defense and offense. We have a GM that drafts excellent talent for us and will only make this team better as time goes by. You are delusional if you think this imaginary "window" of ours is closing.

Our coaching was exposed in our biggest game in years. You must be delusional if you think we have the best coach in the league. What do you base that on? His brpthers comments after out-coaching him in the SB? Yes we have a good GM but we're selecting 31st. I'm affraid we've peaked coming up five yards short.
Originally posted by RandG4life:

Our coaching was exposed in our biggest game in years. You must be delusional if you think we have the best coach in the league. What do you base that on? His brpthers comments after out-coaching him in the SB? Yes we have a good GM but we're selecting 31st. I'm affraid we've peaked coming up five yards short.
guess we should start rebuilding then
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
not even 2 weeks later, I'm already over this SB loss. The giants loss hurt until about 3 weeks after the superbowl for a grand total of 5 weeks of hurt.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

LOL!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah, might as well just pull a Marlins and sell off the whole team and bring in everyone that the Bills, Browns, Jets, and Chiefs cut for league minimum.
One of the few times I actually feel like posting.

Did the Niners loss in the Super-Bowl hurt worse than the Giants game?

Hell yes it did. I do not doubt the Niner's chances of getting back to the Super-Bowl, they are more than capable, but there are 32 teams in the NFL, about one-quarter of those are actually good enough to make it. That is why I think they have to perform when they get the chance. Who are we to think the Niners can get back with assurance when there is a NYG, NO, ATL, SEA, GB and Redskins team out there? We might even see problems in our own division. That is why I am bummed more. I think it is easier to get back to the Championship games, heck, if they have a great regular season and win a single home playoff game, they are right back in it. I'll be honest, I remember another Giants Championship game, when someone more reliable turned the ball over and cost us a Super-Bowl. I got over that pretty quick, but making it all the way there and losing seems like such a waste!

I am spoiled by the 80's.. forgive me.
The one play I don't hear many people talking about...

1. LMJ's fumble. During real time I was convinced that his forward progress was stopped. He was held up by one defender while another stripped the ball. This same play was ruled against use in the NFC Championship game when we forced an Ahmad Bradshaw fumble. The call could have gone either way but in both instances it went against us. Potentially we are back to back champions if we get both these calls. Potentially.
I am at long last over the Super Bowl defeat. It was not meant to be our time.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
not even 2 weeks later, I'm already over this SB loss. The giants loss hurt until about 3 weeks after the superbowl for a grand total of 5 weeks of hurt.

agreed.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The one play I don't hear many people talking about...

1. LMJ's fumble. During real time I was convinced that his forward progress was stopped. He was held up by one defender while another stripped the ball. This same play was ruled against use in the NFC Championship game when we forced an Ahmad Bradshaw fumble. The call could have gone either way but in both instances it went against us. Potentially we are back to back champions if we get both these calls. Potentially.
There was no doubt that was a fumble
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
how can you be over the super bowl. it should eat at you every day. it was just terrible that our players and the power of our team was never allowed an opportunity to win the game. oh its ok, we made it,, well 30 plus teams would like to have been in our shoes,, it was a good learning experience for ck, it was an honor just to be there....puke, barf gag. how can a nfc championship loss which is only the second most important a game a team will ever play hurt more than the first super bowl loss in the history on the niners????How??it is beyond my ability to comprehend
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I am at long last over the Super Bowl defeat. It was not meant to be our time.

i wish i could just sweep it under the rug, shrug my shoulders.. i just.. its just...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
how can you be over the super bowl. it should eat at you every day. it was just terrible that our players and the power of our team was never allowed an opportunity to win the game. oh its ok, we made it,, well 30 plus teams would like to have been in our shoes,, it was a good learning experience for ck, it was an honor just to be there....puke, barf gag. how can a nfc championship loss which is only the second most important a game a team will ever play hurt more than the first super bowl loss in the history on the niners????How??it is beyond my ability to comprehend

sorry cc I gotta disagree with you that I think just making to the super bowl is an accomplishment in itself. Of course winning it is what matter and history doesn't remember the losers but still it was a great season. The NFCG loss was more painful for me personally because the way we lost that game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:

sorry cc I gotta disagree with you that I think just making to the super bowl is an accomplishment in itself. Of course winning it is what matter and history doesn't remember the losers but still it was a great season. The NFCG loss was more painful for me personally because the way we lost that game.
the way we lost the super bowl, first and goal with the best running game and best run blocking line in the nfl setting around as f**king decoys,, hurt more than the two famous defeats to the giants in our history. you can say players and fumbles caused that but in this super bowl,, i firmly believe the coaches, who are supposed to do what is best for the team, lost the game for us. THAT is what kills me. gore was never given a CHANCE. even little f**king james got two yards against a big rush on first down.. god damn it all to hell i am not mad at you sus,, its just,,,, god damn it all to hell. i would also like to point out to posters whose names are not sus,,, that no where in my post did i say we need to get rid of JH so please do not spin that s**t
Share 49ersWebzone