LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Originally posted by susweel:
for the record I dont think he was out coached our guys made mistakes (LMJ fumble, Kap pick, stuipid penalities, and Culliver being a dumbass) and also the Ravens got the benefit of calls from the refs.

Thank you. I've had about enough of this piling on for the benefit of Ravens fans who are not big enough to admit that they got some help and almost lost.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Tical:
FACT: John Harbaugh 2-0, Jim Harbaugh 0-2....see you next time little brother. MAYBE you'll win eventually

you are right,, little brother was horribly outcoached in the super bowl. little brother also came off as the whining little brother brat face after the game. winning and losing with class and dignity is what this franchise is all about. also you are not supposed to let your team down with s**t play calls on the biggest stage in the world

The World Cup disagrees.
not to mention olympic wrestling fans

for the record I dont think he was out coached our guys made mistakes (LMJ fumble, Kap pick, stuipid penalities, and Culliver being a dumbass) and also the Ravens got the benefit of calls from the refs.
when you have a team in the super bowl go out and make penalties right away that is not good coaching
when you let your defense get abused all game long, that is not good coaching
when you do not play to your power at crunch time, that is not good coaching
when you do not have your team ready for a possible fake punt that even the tv announcers knew may be coming,, that is in excusable
we were out coached in many games this year, there were several games where we were not ready to play the game,, those are not opinions of a person trying to cow tow to ravens fans,, those are the facts gentlemen.. sure the ravens got some help,, from our own inept defense, from invisibile aldon smith, i am sure the ravens were just as suprised(and pleasantly so) that we opted NOT to run and NOT to make gore and the jumbo package part of the last series.
speaking of being tired of things,,,, i think alot of people are just a little tired of niner fans who can not suck it up and admit we lost to a better team that day and got outcoached and have to resort to "the refs screwed us, whah whah,,, the nfl is against us.. that is just foolish and sour grapes
when you have a team in the super bowl go out and make penalties right away that is not good coaching
when you do not have your team ready for a possible fake punt that even the tv announcers knew may be coming,, that is in excusable
we were out coached in many games this year, there were several games where we were not ready to play the game,, those are not opinions of a person trying to cow tow to ravens fans,, those are the facts gentlemen.. sure the ravens got some help,, from our own inept defense, from invisibile aldon smith, i am sure the ravens were just as suprised(and pleasantly so) that we opted NOT to run and NOT to make gore and the jumbo package part of the last series.
speaking of being tired of things,,,, i think alot of people are just a little tired of niner fans who can not suck it up and admit we lost to a better team that day and got outcoached and have to resort to "the refs screwed us, whah whah,,, the nfl is against us.. that is just foolish and sour grapes

When you have a coach who takes you from 9 years of obscurity to the Super Bowl in two years and all you can do is complain about him, you are, by definition, what fans of other teams call a "whiner."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
FACT: John Harbaugh 2-0, Jim Harbaugh 0-2....see you next time little brother. MAYBE you'll win eventually

you are right,, little brother was horribly outcoached in the super bowl. little brother also came off as the whining little brother brat face after the game. winning and losing with class and dignity is what this franchise is all about. also you are not supposed to let your team down with s**t play calls on the biggest stage in the world

The World Cup disagrees.

we were screwed by the refs but we also made mistakes. you win some you lose some, it was a close game they made the plays in the red zone we didnt. Im not gonna blame the coaching
we were screwed by the refs but we also made mistakes. you win some you lose some, it was a close game they made the plays in the red zone we didnt. Im not gonna blame the coaching

They made plays. Flacco threw up some prayers, and Ravens receivers just seemed to always come down with them. They deserve credit for that. And nobody's disputing the fact that they won the game. The team that wins deserves to win. But if you can't at least admit that the Ravens got the majority of the calls and the non-calls, I've really got nothing more to say to you because you weren't watching the same game I was.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GNielsen:

They made plays. Flacco threw up some prayers, and Ravens receivers just seemed to always come down with them. They deserve credit for that. And nobody's disputing the fact that they won the game. The team that wins deserves to win. But if you can't at least admit that the Ravens got the majority of the calls and the non-calls, I've really got nothing more to say to you because you weren't watching the same game I was.

you talking to me ?
you talking to me ?

No, of course not. I'm agreeing with you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
When you have a coach who takes you from 9 years of obscurity to the Super Bowl in two years and all you can do is complain about him, you are, by definition, what fans of other teams call a "whiner."

here is a news flash,, you can like the coach and appreciate what he has done but you can still be critical of him.. why is it that when some are dare critical of JH we get the usual talking points of what happened before Jh thrown in our face. what happened before Jh arrived has NOTHING to do with legit concerns some of us had about this team this year which of course all came together to bite us in the ass sunday.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

The World Cup disagrees.

i will always blame then for what they did or did not do on the last three plays,,, for f**ks sake even little james got two god damn yards on the first down run,,,, how can anyone set there with a straight face and say that dixon or gore or ck could not have gotten in in three plays. that is what we do best that close to the goal line,, why the hell would you go away from it? if you did it because you were scared of the ravens defense,, well that is just as bad as not trying. I am not yelling at you bud,, its just,,,,, god damn it all to hell
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
i will always blame then for what they did or did not do on the last three plays,,, for f**ks sake even little james got two god damn yards on the first down run,,,, how can anyone set there with a straight face and say that dixon or gore or ck could not have gotten in in three plays. that is what we do best that close to the goal line,, why the hell would you go away from it? if you did it because you were scared of the ravens defense,, well that is just as bad as not trying. I am not yelling at you bud,, its just,,,,, god damn it all to hell

whats done is done, no use in crying over spilled milk. We had our chances but didnt make the plays and got screwed by a bad a holding call but its over for me Im ready for the next phase of the off season.

here is a news flash,, you can like the coach and appreciate what he has done but you can still be critical of him.. why is it that when some are dare critical of JH we get the usual talking points of what happened before Jh thrown in our face. what happened before Jh arrived has NOTHING to do with legit concerns some of us had about this team this year which of course all came together to bite us in the ass sunday.
He's not perfect, but he's a hell of lot better than what we've had around here for a long time and a lot better than most of the coaches in the league. That said, I've got some problems. In another thread, my suggestion for next season was for him to try to calm down a little bit because sometimes it seems like he gets so wound up that he's totally in the scheming part of the game. I wish he would have had the presence of mind to actually use up one of his last time outs after Gore was gassed on that 33-yard run instead of just going to James. Then, they might have had some time to scheme for that last set of downs and everything might have worked out. But, hind-sight is 20-20 and it's easy for me to say. When everything is taken into account, though, I think he's the best coach in the league right now. I don't agree that he was out-coached a bunch of times during the season at all. For example, I don't agree that he was outcoached in St. Louis. I saw Greg Roman make a bad call, but the biggest issue of that game was that I saw Akers miss a can't-miss-it kick and Walker drop a can't-miss-it floater in the endzone. Either of those PLAYER mistakes doesn't happen, the Niners win and nobody is talking about being outcoached.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

whats done is done, no use in crying over spilled milk. We had our chances but didnt make the plays and got screwed by a bad a holding call but its over for me Im ready for the next phase of the off season.
cutting moss and ginn and trading alex for a third round pick would help me move away from the cliff. i still say the last ball thrown was headed out of bounds and was un... ahh forget it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
He's not perfect, but he's a hell of lot better than what we've had around here for a long time and a lot better than most of the coaches in the league. That said, I've got some problems. In another thread, my suggestion for next season was for him to try to calm down a little bit because sometimes it seems like he gets so wound up that he's totally in the scheming part of the game. I wish he would have had the presence of mind to actually use up one of his last time outs after Gore was gassed on that 33-yard run instead of just going to James. Then, they might have had some time to scheme for that last set of downs and everything might have worked out. But, hind-sight is 20-20 and it's easy for me to say. When everything is taken into account, though, I think he's the best coach in the league right now. I don't agree that he was out-coached a bunch of times during the season at all. For example, I don't agree that he was outcoached in St. Louis. I saw Greg Roman make a bad call, but the biggest issue of that game was that I saw Akers miss a can't-miss-it kick and Walker drop a can't-miss-it floater in the endzone. Either of those PLAYER mistakes doesn't happen, the Niners win and nobody is talking about being outcoached.
i agree with your first sentence ,, i never never said i want nolan or mike s back. i just have concerns and some you took care of. i wish he would have put dixon in after gore was gassed then come back with gore and the jumbo package ,, i just wish he or roman or whoever would stay away from cute plays like rams game and the last three plays sunday. roman did such a good job in the first two playoff games calling plays to our strong points. i just feel they just went away from that approach in the super bowl late and that what upsets me. maybe sus is right and in two months i will get over it but i just can not shake the feeling the coaches really let us down sunday. i know what this team was like before JH came,, i know it. I just feel when he makes what i think are bad choices, what happened before him means nothing. i do so agree with his sideline theatrics and i hope and trust and pray the team will work on getting plays called quicker for next year

Spot on. I'm very optimistic about next season. I think they'll have an explosive offense that's not so much a work in progress because they'll have the entire off season to build it around Kaepernick. I think they'll use the draft and free agency to plug some holes and tweak their defense. And, I've posted this before, but I think they'll be more prepared for Russell Wilson. They didn't see him coming last season, but now that they know him, there are ways to deal with him. They're already looking at some taller internal defensive linemen and some big NT's. They'll have their OLB's contain him in the pocket and try to crush the pocket on him to take advantage of his lack of height. They'll make it hard for him to see his receivers. They'll stunt Bowmand and/or Willis through middle gaps while using the OLB's to guard the outside. It's a fact of life - NFL teams almost always figure out ways to make it tough on shorter QB's and I think a bunch of wild, full-of-themselves Seahawks fans are going to be very disappointed next year because they think Russell is the second coming up there.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

cutting moss and ginn and trading alex for a third round pick would help me move away from the cliff. i still say the last ball thrown was headed out of bounds and was un... ahh forget it

Well Moss and Ginn are both free agents so no need to cut them I think we will sign a vet WR and draft couple more. Hopefully we can get something for Alex but its gonna be hard because teams know he will be cut anyways.
Share 49ersWebzone