There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's worse

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,293
It doesn't matter now. We've lost a SB, so it doesn't matter if it's in the playoffs or the Super bowl.
I really think this is a p***y attitude.


You gotta ante up to win the big game and we didn't. Losing is losing.


We shouldn't be afraid to try and win the SB lol.


I would trade every one of our championship game losses for a loss in the SB.


Its the Cowboys vs Niners SB argument finally put to bed. 5-3 is greater than 5-0 truly. Thats 3 more times trying to win the big game, and now we have this mystique behind us... not necessarily a bad thing.
The worst part is I think we could actually have won last year and this year!
All I have to say is thank god I was drunk.
Our team is the biggest group of heartbreakers ever. I could understand if we just lost games but why do we get so close and lose in the most gut wrenching ways possible? At least with Singletary I never felt this s**tty even if we never made the playoffs. This team loves to teas us and then yank the rug out from under you.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
5-1 or 5-0? Id rather take 5-0.


This was the worst out of all previous losses. Worse than the 1983 loss to the Redskins. Worse than the 1990 loss to the Giants. Worse than the 2012 loss to the Giants. Whats even worse, with those previous losses, i Could sense the niners were going to come back angry and hungry. With this loss, it just feels like they were defeated. I dont know if they can recover from this.


I agree, and I remember that 1990 championship. They were trying to kill Joe in that game . This was worse, way way worse, and just to think we could have won it. I'd take anything over losing the Super Bowl, honestly. Our 5-0 Super Bowl record is now broken.
They say don't be a surgeon if you are scared of getting sued.

Don't cheer on a team in the SB of you are scared to lose one.

No fear.
Originally posted by SpeedDemon:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
5-1 or 5-0? Id rather take 5-0.


This was the worst out of all previous losses. Worse than the 1983 loss to the Redskins. Worse than the 1990 loss to the Giants. Worse than the 2012 loss to the Giants. Whats even worse, with those previous losses, i Could sense the niners were going to come back angry and hungry. With this loss, it just feels like they were defeated. I dont know if they can recover from this.


I agree, and I remember that 1990 championship. They were trying to kill Joe in that game . This was worse, way way worse, and just to think we could have won it. I'd take anything over losing the Super Bowl, honestly. Our 5-0 Super Bowl record is now broken.

We are 6-8 in NFC championship games. Almost every one of those teams could have won the SB had they won that game.

I just don't see the difference. Not winning is not winning.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,293
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
All I have to say is thank god I was drunk.


LOL.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They say don't be a surgeon if you are scared of getting sued.

Don't cheer on a team in the SB of you are scared to lose one.

No fear.

This guy gets it.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
They say don't be a surgeon if you are scared of getting sued.

Don't cheer on a team in the SB of you are scared to lose one.

No fear.

This guy gets it.

100% agreement
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
All I have to say is thank god I was drunk.


.

Yeah man if i watched it sober. I would remember every minute of it.

Which is good when we lose. But when we win, i rewatch the games. Its safe to say this is going into my vault of games i will never watch again.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
The worst part is I think we could actually have won last year and this year!

Yup. that is what Seattle fans say too.
I really don't understand the infatuation with the Super Bowl record. Yes it would have been nice to remain undefeated in the Super Bowl, but how can anyone seriously say it is better to lose in the playoffs than to lose in the Super Bowl. We got to watch our team up until the very last game of the NFL season. We came really close to coming out on top, but fell just short. So all that should be thrown out the window because we're now 5-1? Are you saying it's better to go to, say, 3 Super Bowls and win them all, than to go to, say, 7 Super Bowls and be 5-2? Come on, it's always better to be in the Super Bowl, although in either case it is a failure if you don't win. Also, why is it that no one seems to have a problem with the fact that we were 4-9 in NFC Championship Games coming into the game at Atlanta? Why is that not a blemish on the 49ers record?
This is the worst loss i've ever experienced and i'll never get over it but the pain i'm feeling now will go away with time. It's going to be a long off-season. I can't wait until week 1 so i can put this behind us. I just hope the players never forget this feeling and come back next year and win the damn thing. Winning the SB and winning it SOON, like in a year or two, will be the only thing to ease the pain.