honestly I don't think we would have stopped them. boldin was killing us

I thought he should have been MVP
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by susweel:

racism i asssume. hell we have had every other screwball theory around here today
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by frozen49er:

racism i asssume. hell we have had every other screwball theory around here today

Had to read that reply a few times, thought you called me racist.......no screwball theory. I thought Flacco played great, but Boldin was the one that killed us, at least IMO. But, its neither here nor there, talking about who the SB MVP is when its not Kap vs. Gore is rather irrelevant.

Seriously, our secondary was absolute s**t last night. If not for Kaep and our offense coming to life, we would have been eliminated weeks ago.

If we want to get back to the big game, we have to upgrade our secondary and our pass rush.
its quite likely that they would have got a FG attempt ..but it might have been a long one... they might have missed it

Move on, please
Originally posted by drakan:
had it not been for the power outage, it wouldn't have even been a competitive game.

People need to give it a rest. The 49ers have been a 2nd half team. We either come back for the win or pour it on in the 2nd half. Why people assume we wouldn't have done it without the power outage is beyond me. I guess we didn't come back in the 2nd half against Atlanta to get there in the first place.
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by leafs43:
No.

The Ravens were having their way the entire game. Had it not been for the Rice fumble, the Ravens probably put up 40+.

had it not been for the power outage, it wouldn't have even been a competitive game.

All 3 suggestions are fails. The lights fallacy has already been debunked. And minus the return that should have been called back the Ravens score 2 fg's in the 2nd half.
ok
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
All 3 suggestions are fails. The lights fallacy has already been debunked. And minus the return that should have been called back the Ravens score 2 fg's in the 2nd half.

I agree - the no call on Crabs was right on the edge to me, it happened so fast (in full speed, not slo-mo review) it really looked equal that Crabs ran into the defender and the defender held on to keep from falling. Plus, that pass looks uncatchable to me.

BUT, the no call on two guys holding Miller on the TD run was ridiculous. It wasn't an instantaneous hold, they literally held him for about 30 yards and his jersey is totally pulled up. HOW did the ref(s) not call that. More amazingly, the one ref appears to be looking right toward it during the run by from Jones. Ludicrous.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i was just thinking about that this morning. I wanna say no, our D couldn't stop them, but I thought the same thing against Atlanta and they did. So who knows. I'd like to think that our D would step up and maybe get a turnover, but who knows.

what does piss me off is the play calling. We run the ball on every down, we more than likely score AND run most of the time off the clock.
Considering all they would've needed was a FG to win if we scored, No.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
I had no doubts about us scoring on the last drive. I was worried about Ravens just marching back & winning the game. Now I think losing that way would've been an easier pill to swallow. And, our defense very well might've made a super bowl winning stand, even though they had let this team down all through the playoffs.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I agree - the no call on Crabs was right on the edge to me, it happened so fast (in full speed, not slo-mo review) it really looked equal that Crabs ran into the defender and the defender held on to keep from falling. Plus, that pass looks uncatchable to me.

BUT, the no call on two guys holding Miller on the TD run was ridiculous. It wasn't an instantaneous hold, they literally held him for about 30 yards and his jersey is totally pulled up. HOW did the ref(s) not call that. More amazingly, the one ref appears to be looking right toward it during the run by from Jones. Ludicrous.

Apparently it's not a penalty because Miller didn't fall on the ground. Go figure that out.
Our defense CHOKED.
Share 49ersWebzone