LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Tough to Swallow, but One of Many for Years to Come

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have a great young team. I'm looking forward to next season.
Rams and Seahawks getting better...

tired of these almost seasons.

CUE THE CRYING NINERKID
Our defense is going to look different next year. Gore and Cowboy will be a year older. We can't expect to be playing in the NFCC or SB year after year. We've had our shots
Good things is 13 picks in the draft. Needs DL.Secondary,another pass rusher, wideouts,qb, and maybe another runing back
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Our defense is going to look different next year. Gore and Cowboy will be a year older. We can't expect to be playing in the NFCC or SB year after year. We've had our shots

I disagree.

I think the future is bright.
I don't see us going to the Super Bowl anytime soon. Probably wont win one in my lifetime. We are too old. Gore has been our best player and he is old in terms of RBs. Justin smith is old and injured. Our window is done unless we make some major signings in the offseason to replace them. But now a days it's very hard to do that because of the cap. So no matter what happens we can't replace or bring talent as good as we have had these pass two years.
Who do we sign to be as good as Justin Smith? What RBs would be as beastly as Gore? What about or DBs? Our Safeties? We are gonna lose many key players, and if we try to replace them with someone as talented as them would either cost too much or would be rookies. So honestly our time is probably up. We probably will see the playoffs in the next few years but going to the Super Bowl? I wouldn't bet on it. it sucks for me because I've never seen them win one since I was too young.
Yup. I think the future is very bright!
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:26 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

I disagree.

I think the future is bright.

the problem was that we should have capitalized while the rest of our division was in the cellar
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Alex Smith will live in 49er lore forever with the Saints game last year.

Kaep would be remember as the first SB loser in 49er history.

Ironic, isn't it?

That is what you call.

KARMA!
Yup.
The Smith haters got their wish, unfortunately it likely cost us a Superbowl...
sad...

I balled like a baby. Not gonna lie. Tried hard to hold them back, but in the end had to leave the room so my kids didnt see me.

Tough Tough loss. Never experianced a feeling like this as a niner fan. Tougher than any of the losing season. But i am very hopeful for the future. Its bright

.Looking forward to the draft and completeing this journey next season.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Young yes but how long can bowman and Willis play at this elite level before their bodies take a decline? Even worse is Justin smith and gore career is near its end, and Seahawks will be a force to deal with. This one really hurt, cause I feel we were the better team and caught all the wrong breaks or no calls this game, I think we beat this team 9 times outta 10 and this was the one to tonight

Maybe so. I feel we could beat them for sure. Turnovers, not playing the 1st 2 quarters, no calls and bad calls killed us.

1st and goal at the 7 and wasting 4 downs with the Super Bowl on the line is tough to take.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Look at the Super Bowl losers of the modern era. None come back to win a Super Bowl. Lets face it, that was our shot. We need to rebuild, and overhaul to make it backs. This team is gonna be beat up next year.

We need to rebuild? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Worst night ever. Been tossing and turning wondering about the woulda/coulda.shouldas.

With that said, I agree that it's tough to make it back to the big game, but I have a hard time believing that a guy like Harbaugh would settle for mediocrity for the rest of his years here.

Yesterday was a big step for Kaepernick. This really wasnt supposed to be his season, but he got the opportunity to come in and play big games. He learned a lot, and Im sure he learned even more in the losing effort yesterday. I expect the team to be more polished next season, and I also expect them to be the SB favorite in the NFC.

Yeah, we shouldnt take these games for granted bc you never know, but the future IS bright for this team. We have a great foundation in place. Imagine what we can do when Kendall Hunter and Mario are back next season. Crabtree is already a number 1 guy. Now put in a proper number two opposite him like Mario (instead of Moss) and relieve Gore with Kendall/LMJ and 2nd/3rd RBs and this offense wi really be unstoppable.

Ima cry for the next week, no doubt. But I definitely expect this team to come out on a mission in 2013.
It will be even more joyous if we win it after all this. Goes through the Smith / Kaep saga, building our way to greatness, then cementing ourselves as the greatest in 2013 will be a beautiful feeling.

But for now, Im exhausted. Took some major fatigue watching the playoffs this year, having to watch our team comeback from 7 down, 17 down, and almost 28-6 down. Need to get away from fottball for a while.
Share 49ersWebzone